First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
na
Country flag
Hi Everyone!
I'm Mike from J+ Americas, Manufacturer of the J+ BOOSTER 2 EV Charger. I was directed here by several forum members who switched to our BOOSTER 2 following discussions about the recent mobile charger recall. I’m thrilled to join this community and am here to answer any questions you might have about our products.

We take great pride in the design and craftsmanship of our J+ BOOSTER 2 EV Charger, developed in Switzerland and manufactured in Germany. Encased in sleek, high-quality aluminum housing, our charger offers more than just good looks:

1. Safety and Quality: ETL Certified to rigorous UL Standards (UL 2594, UL 2231-1, and UL 2231-2), ensuring top-notch safety and reliability.
2. Built Tough: With an IP67 rating for waterproof and dustproof protection, making it suitable for all weather conditions.
3. High-Efficiency Charging: Capable of both Level 1 and Level 2 charging, it supports up to 240V and 40A with included NEMA 14-50 & 5-15 adapters, providing fast and flexible charging options.
4. Adaptable Plugs: Expand your charging options with additional adapters like NEMA 6-50 (Welding Plug), TT-30 (Campground Plug),6-20, 6-15, 5-20 and others suitable for marinas and commercial generators.

To make this even better, we’re offering an exclusive 10% discount on our J+ BOOSTER 2.
Use the code PORSCHE10 at checkout

Learn more & get yours today:

Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
FWIW, I've got the original EU version of this and carry it with me everywhere in my frunk. I consider it my "emergency charge anywhere" kit.

51891747790_b0b5cd03c6_o.jpg
Juice Booster in action by Tigerbalm, on Flickr

OP
OP
Jplus_Mike

Jplus_Mike

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
na
Country flag
FWIW, I've got the original EU version of this and carry it with me everywhere in my frunk. I consider it my "emergency charge anywhere" kit.
That great! our parent company in the EU has been around for quite some time. I'm so happy to read you are happy with it!

mjoe

First Name
Florian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Really enjoying my JB 2 since 3+ years already.
Only shame is that I cannot control it for automated charging times..
The Taycan charging profiles / timers are not always performing the way I want them to.

Your JuiceCharger EASY 1 features all things necessary for a good interface.. Raspberry Pi, some way to control the charge Speed, LAN port, ....

OP
OP
Jplus_Mike

Jplus_Mike

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
na
Country flag
Really enjoying my JB 2 since 3+ years already.
Only shame is that I cannot control it for automated charging times..
The Taycan charging profiles / timers are not always performing the way I want them to.

Your JuiceCharger EASY 1 features all things necessary for a good interface.. Raspberry Pi, some way to control the charge Speed, LAN port, ....
If you need any help feel free to DM me. I do not work with the EU products, but I will do my best to get you in touch with someone at our HQ who can help you.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
This is exactly what I bought with the offer from Porsche for an alternate EVSE while they address the PMCC issues. So far I'm thrilled with the J+. Extremely well built, feature rich, and much more portable than the Porsche 'mobile' option.

OP
OP
Jplus_Mike

Jplus_Mike

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
na
Country flag
This is exactly what I bought with the offer from Porsche for an alternate EVSE while they address the PMCC issues. So far I'm thrilled with the J+. Extremely well built, feature rich, and much more portable than the Porsche 'mobile' option.
Thanks for the positive feedback - we are happy you love your BOOSTER 2!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I know I'm being nit-picky (and I do like the product albeit def on the upper end re cost), but the 'exclusive' to Porsche owners 10% discount not quite accurate as apparently any first time buyer has this offer :) - correct?

Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 1.40.19 PM.png

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Okay, I will not comment further on "the German version made in China and the US J+ labeled made in Germany" 😂

OP
OP
Jplus_Mike

Jplus_Mike

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
na
Country flag
Okay, I will not comment further on "the German version made in China and the US J+ labeled made in Germany" 😂
I know it might seem a bit amusing, but there’s a solid business reason for this setup. Due to U.S. import tax codes, it’s actually more cost-effective to manufacture the J+ BOOSTER 2 in Germany rather than in China and import it to the U.S. So, our U.S. customers benefit from high-quality German manufacturing. 😊

Just a little food for thought: While they share a similar name, the J+ BOOSTER 2 is distinct from the Juice BOOSTER 2. Our model is specifically designed for the US/North American power grid, offering different features and functionalities tailored to local requirements.
Sponsored