Inverted setting of dipped beam

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Opening up this thread again, I've had this also since I've had my 21 Taycan 4s - again on standard lights.

Whilst in at OPC Glasgow the other day to get the AMB5 safety recall I asked them to take a look at "Dipped Beam Converted" message again that appears on 9 out of 10 start-ups in the car.
The answer I got was Porsche is aware of the problem there is a Technical Service note on it but there is no fix currently.

So Q. I have has anyone in the UK managed to get this fixed yet or a workaround to stop it displaying? In my menu settings it's not actually clicked for Inverted, so it's hard to determine if this is just a display fault and the lights don't actually change (similar to the PCM NAV starting in German for 5secs etc.) or is it actually a problem and the lights are indeed inverted?
Ive had the same response from OPC. They’re aware, no fix currently. Not the end of the world but I wish the option wasn’t so buried in the menus ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
kl98cwg

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Still no progress on this, so I went ahead and reported it online to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency. They came back with a few questions and now the Vehicle Safety Branch have raised it with Porsche, giving them 28 days to respond. Hopefully the easiest way forward is that they just fix it …

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’ve been complaining about this one for over a year, without success. It’s apparently down to the standard lights controller thinking it’s in a left hand drive country. . . . . . Loads of promises, no action.

NeilJ

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT (Taycan 4S - sold), VW ID3
Country flag
It looks as though there may now be a solution to this. My car went in for the power loss recall this week and I raised this issue. The technician reported that Porsche were aware and that there was now a ’workaround’ which he applied to my car. The warning didn’t come up when I started the car up to bring it home - so, fingers crossed, it may have been resolved (although I’m very aware that history suggests that there’s a reasonable possibility that it will re-scramble itself over time!!). Will post an update if the problem starts to arise again.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I only picked my car up 3 weeks ago and it does this randomly.

Didn't know what it was till I saw this thread.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I only picked my car up 3 weeks ago and it does this randomly.

Didn't know what it was till I saw this thread.
I have an update! Looks like a software update is available at last. My 4S is booked in September for the fix. it’s only been around 14 months in the waiting. . . . . .

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I have an update! Looks like a software update is available at last. My 4S is booked in September for the fix. it’s only been around 14 months in the waiting. . . . . .
UPDATE: A software update is now available to correct the “dipped beam converted “ fault. Mine was fixed this week?

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
UPDATE: A software update is now available to correct the “dipped beam converted “ fault. Mine was fixed this week?
Any idea of the SW version or update that fixes this?
I enquired about the fix at OPC Glasgow and they still maintain that Porsche HQ haven’t released a fix for it yet.
Would be good to get some details on it to challenge them.

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Any idea of the SW version or update that fixes this?
I enquired about the fix at OPC Glasgow and they still maintain that Porsche HQ haven’t released a fix for it yet.
Would be good to get some details on it to challenge them.
Mine went in for its recall software update last week and seemed to fix it.

OP
OP
kl98cwg

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Glad to hear there’s a fix for this - I’m chasing now for my update! I’ve now had feedback from the Driver & Vehicle Safety Agency too and they did get more out of Porsche than I did (see below) - seems it isn’t a problem for other drivers, so actually it doesn’t matter if the warning is ignored.

“ … the head lamp pattern is automatically adjusted by flattening the beam pattern and removing the kick up to the nearside to allow for driving on the righthand side of the road in other countries. The manufacturer have confirmed it does not place a kick up on the offside but only flattens the pattern symetrically so this would not dazzle other roadusers when this occurs. This behavior is considered acceptable and would also meet the annual MOT test requirements if this was active at the time of the test.”

T4SEM

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Mine had this error.

It went for the WNA5 DME recall at OPC today but they also did WMC8 which I was advised addresses the Inverted setting of dipped beam issue.

Hope it works 🤞

OP
OP
kl98cwg

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Mine had this error.

It went for the WNA5 DME recall at OPC today but they also did WMC8 which I was advised addresses the Inverted setting of dipped beam issue.

Hope it works 🤞
It should be ok - I’ve not had this problem at all since mine was updated last year
Sponsored