Invite to Silverstone (GTS Sport Turismo)

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
This morning I received an invite to Silverstone for a "bespoke Porsche Driving Experience".

I wonder if things are starting to move with regards progress of Sport Turismo GTS orders? Has anyone else with an ST GTS on order (in the UK) heard anything?

I'm hoping to hear from the dealer sooner rather than later with an inductive delivery slot and be able to track the build of my car on the app.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This morning I received an invite to Silverstone for a "bespoke Porsche Driving Experience".

I wonder if things are starting to move with regards progress of Sport Turismo GTS orders? Has anyone else with an ST GTS on order (in the UK) heard anything?

I'm hoping to hear from the dealer sooner rather than later with an inductive delivery slot and be able to track the build of my car on the app.
I had mine a month or so ago - nothing has changed really. Not sure that Track Your Dream (TYD) is fully working in UK / Europe - was in test but read there were some trials.

Should be able to book Silverstone for March to get a shot in a GTS though...

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My priority is getting to try a car with/without PDCC to determine how much that will benefit my build - don't necessarily need that to be a GTS - so I want to book with Silverstone experience before I have to finalise my order.

There aren't that many other options i'm considering that I need to actually drive the car to determine whether I want to add them or not - most are things i can see at my local dealer.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My priority is getting to try a car with/without PDCC to determine how much that will benefit my build - don't necessarily need that to be a GTS - so I want to book with Silverstone experience before I have to finalise my order.

There aren't that many other options i'm considering that I need to actually drive the car to determine whether I want to add them or not - most are things i can see at my local dealer.
It will be a good experience to try and experience on a track but on the open road I don't think you'll regularly feel the benefit. I had it on my Cayenne GTS but not on my Cayenne S and I'm honest enough to say I couldn't really determine its presence or not. GTS comes with PTV+ which is ideal but to tick another expensive option I might hesitate.

Interested to know how you get on.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It will be a good experience to try and experience on a track but on the open road I don't think you'll regularly feel the benefit. I had it on my Cayenne GTS but not on my Cayenne S and I'm honest enough to say I couldn't really determine its presence or not. GTS comes with PTV+ which is ideal but to tick another expensive option I might hesitate.

Interested to know how you get on.
Thats what I expect, but if I have the opportunity to try it out back-to-back then it makes sense to do so.

I want to discount things based on my experience, rather than interest 'heresay'!

Last edited:

JDEE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 C2S
Country flag
No invite for me yet - it this an automatic thing or did you have to ask for it?

Nothing at all on progress - just an expectation that January would be the month they'd know more - so in line with everything anyone else is saying on here.

Still an odd concept that you order something for £115k and no one knows anything about it's status, or more like they do, but the customer doesn't need to need to!

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A half-day at Silverstone Experience centre is included for UK orders - sometimes these can be arranged before you take delivery, other times they are after.

From memory, I had my Silverstone invitation post delivery on my 997 C4S and 991 GT3. This would be the first time I will (potentially) have the opportunity to try out certain options before I actually finalise my specification and order the car.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No invite for me yet - it this an automatic thing or did you have to ask for it?

Nothing at all on progress - just an expectation that January would be the month they'd know more - so in line with everything anyone else is saying on here.

Still an odd concept that you order something for £115k and no one knows anything about it's status, or more like they do, but the customer doesn't need to need to!
It should be an automatic invite but if my experience is anything to go by this is the first time I've received an invite prior to vehicle delivery and prior to any prompting on my part (I go back a long way with Porsches).

Porsche admin is at best poor so don't rely on the dealer / sales person pulling the trigger for you.

Case in point - I also just received the Experience day for my current Taycan (I've had it for 14 months now) after prompting - Porsche were aware I was entitled to it but didn't bother their collective backsides to do anything about it.

The 'not knowing' thing is another Porsche trait - this is all 'normal' - once an allocation has been made then the wheels start to turn - build slot - lock date - then progress tracking (via the dealer). The Track Your Dream thing has been around for a while now but not in UK / Europe and I suspect is not entirely reliable either.

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I too received my invite yesterday.

I spoke with PEC this morning and right now their system doesn't allow to book any dates. They said to phone back in 2 weeks time.

Placed an order for a GTS ST on launch day and I haven't got a build date yet. My dealer said they anticipate April/May build for my ST.

Last edited:

JDEE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 C2S
Country flag
It should be an automatic invite but if my experience is anything to go by this is the first time I've received an invite prior to vehicle delivery and prior to any prompting on my part (I go back a long way with Porsches).

Porsche admin is at best poor so don't rely on the dealer / sales person pulling the trigger for you.

Case in point - I also just received the Experience day for my current Taycan (I've had it for 14 months now) after prompting - Porsche were aware I was entitled to it but didn't bother their collective backsides to do anything about it.

The 'not knowing' thing is another Porsche trait - this is all 'normal' - once an allocation has been made then the wheels start to turn - build slot - lock date - then progress tracking (via the dealer). The Track Your Dream thing has been around for a while now but not in UK / Europe and I suspect is not entirely reliable either.
Great thanks - have now prompted both the invite and linking the order to my app ID - lets see what happens.

Guessing the Silverstone experience will only be during a morning or afternoon so be good to book up something else on the other part of the day to make the most of it.

Not having bought a new Porsche before, I'd kind of hoped the experience would be a bit more interactive to date, but some comfort in knowing it's not just me!

Cheers

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Great thanks - have now prompted both the invite and linking the order to my app ID - lets see what happens.

Guessing the Silverstone experience will only be during a morning or afternoon so be good to book up something else on the other part of the day to make the most of it.

Not having bought a new Porsche before, I'd kind of hoped the experience would be a bit more interactive to date, but some comfort in knowing it's not just me!

Cheers
For personal interest, how did you do that? I’m unsure how to add to my app ID.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Cheers
I think the Porsche ID is only linked to your VIN. You can go ahead now (if not already done so) and create your Porsche Connect ID and supply that to the dealer. Not much will happen until nearer delivery and VIN known.

You will likely get a better sales experience when buying a Dacia Duster than a Porsche (arrogance is the main issue and lack of interest once a sale has been made).
Sponsored