B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@grahamsimmonds It seems to depend on the country.
It's not free for me and it would cost me 0,33€ per KWh (at home, it costs me 0,11€).

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
@grahamsimmonds It seems to depend on the country.
It's not free for me and it would cost me 0,33€ per KWh (at home, it costs me 0,11€).
The access to the Porsche Charging service is free for three years. Ionity in Europe is also about 0.33 Euro per kWh, but other networks can be more expensive. There can be both a kWh charge as well as a per minute connection charge! But sure it is much cheaper yo charge at home.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
The access to the Porsche Charging service is free for three years. Ionity in Europe is also about 0.33 Euro per kWh, but other networks can be more expensive. There can be both a kWh charge as well as a per minute connection charge! But sure it is much cheaper yo charge at home.
That's correct... Ionity is less expensive.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Surprised anyone who can afford a Porsche is worried about the cost of supercharging

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Surprised anyone who can afford a Porsche is worried about the cost of supercharging
I hear what you are saying, but when some chargers want to charge you more Than 1 Euro per kWh, you are getting close to running costs like a BMW M5!

DST

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have been using Ionity chargers as much as possible as, in general with the Porsche charging card, the experience has been very good.
Last week though I stopped at Gretna Green and I queued for over an hour and 15 minutes! One muppet was charging for over an hour with the last 20 minutes spent getting from 95 - 100% charge.

It probably served me right as I was feeling particularly smug having an EV when there were fuel shortages throughout the UK

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
One muppet was charging for over an hour with the last 20 minutes spent getting from 95 - 100% charge.
Is there an EV “etiquette” here? Pointing out that he really doesn’t need that last 5% unless he is on his way to John O’Groats? And that you really do need an 80% charge? And that he should move on?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is there an EV “etiquette” here? Pointing out that he really doesn’t need that last 5% unless he is on his way to John O’Groats? And that you really do need an 80% charge? And that he should move on?
A polite nudge would have been in order!

DST

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A polite nudge would have been in order!
I did offer a polite nudge, saying that the charge had dropped down below 3kw but he persevered ?

Last edited:

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I did offer a polite nudge, saying that the charge had dropped down below 3kw but he persevered ?
Its a shame.....
Unfortunately knowing the intelligence /mentality of the typical British driver with everything else it's not that surprising.

We may have to get used to it, or become a bit more 'persuasive' - which would be very unfortunate for everyone.