Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Good to know thanks - I haven’t used one of these yet but I’m planning a trip to Cornwall and see that Ionity have chargers on the M5 at Cullompton, towards Exeter.
We are doing Cornwall in a couple of weeks too, so that's good to know.
?
Sponsored

ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S and ID.4
Country flag
Good to know thanks - I haven’t used one of these yet but I’m planning a trip to Cornwall and see that Ionity have chargers on the M5 at Cullompton, towards Exeter.
I spent a week in St Ives last month, Ionity on the M5 worked a dream, there is also a 175KW charger at a shell garage on the A30 just outside Newquay.

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
First time use as only had the car for 5 days but these Ionity chargers using a Porsche card are so easy to use /instant connection /verification and WOW so incredible fast all done in 30 mins

IMG_3396.jpeg

IMG_3395.jpeg

IMG_3394.jpeg
I did a Norwich to Cairnryn trip three weeks ago. The ionity at a Leeds Skelton Lakes services and the Gretna one were fab. Gretna was busy though and had to queue for a while.
Then Northern Ireland was pretty useless as they were all untethered so i plugged it in to the house plug where i was staying and trickled it in at night. Several ionity chargers in and around Dublin were great.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Used the one's at Gretna few months ago. Quick, easy and at 30p using the Porsche card, great value !
I used the one at Gretna a couple of times and it didn’t charge me either time. Every other Ionity charged the Porsche discounted amount ?‍♂

Porsche Taycan IONITY CHARGERS WITH PORSCHE CARD BRILLIANT BB8B7ACF-D546-4475-8980-BEE8CA54F0F3

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Porsche Perth have the 350kW chargers (x2) working, can be accessed round the clock (no barrier/gate). Super slick devices.....

There is a Costa coffee next door too ☕

IMG_0902.jpeg

IMG_0903.jpeg

IMG_0904.jpeg
Did it speed up? Looks like you’re only getting 101kWh charge speed there.I had a similar charging speed at Porsche Hull. Good option but not as fast as Ionity

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Looks a nice station setup, where is it? Only two in Scotland, hopefully they build more soon.
Is that so, when I looked into visiting family I saw one at at Gretna is not far from my brother's farm near Moffat and the one in Perth very close to my other brother's house in Perth so I assumed there must be quite a few!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Did it speed up? Looks like you’re only getting 101kWh charge speed there.I had a similar charging speed at Porsche Hull. Good option but not as fast as Ionity
I tried the Ionity devices at Perth Triangle (first use of my Taycan Card) last week. I got around 125kW (50% SOC) but quick enough. All went well until I had finished and restarted the car to continue on my journey - I had 3 random lighting warnings (main beam etc, I couldn't turn my lights off). Switched off and back on which cleared the warnings - must have been over excited to use Ionity for the first time!

I then attempted to use either of the new devices at Porsche Aberdeen and surprise surprise they were out of service again (staff were oblivious (of course)). I made a bit of a fuss and they charged the car with their own main unit which I was grateful for however appalling reliability - either the spaces are occupied with non-EVs / hybrids or more likely they are out of service.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I tried the Ionity devices at Perth Triangle (first use of my Taycan Card) last week. I got around 125kW (50% SOC) but quick enough. All went well until I had finished and restarted the car to continue on my journey - I had 3 random lighting warnings (main beam etc, I couldn't turn my lights off). Switched off and back on which cleared the warnings - must have been over excited to use Ionity for the first time!

I then attempted to use either of the new devices at Porsche Aberdeen and surprise surprise they were out of service again (staff were oblivious (of course)). I made a bit of a fuss and they charged the car with their own main unit which I was grateful for however appalling reliability - either the spaces are occupied with non-EVs / hybrids or more likely they are out of service.
When charging from 10-20% SOC I got 260kWh at most of the Ionity’s. I think it started to slow down above 60%, significantly so above 80%.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I was at c. 60% SoC and battery was not that warm so it was throttling back. I’ve only had 260kW at Ionity Gretna when SoC was under 30%. It was also a free charge, not sure if this is a bug or tactic at Gretna.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Is that so, when I looked into visiting family I saw one at at Gretna is not far from my brother's farm near Moffat and the one in Perth very close to my other brother's house in Perth so I assumed there must be quite a few!
Your brothers live close to the only two live Ionity sites, no excuse for not visiting!

There is a third site at Polmadie in Glasgow just off the M74. It appears to have been constructed some time ago but is still not open.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Your brothers live close to the only two live Ionity sites, no excuse for not visiting!

There is a third site at Polmadie in Glasgow just off the M74. It appears to have been constructed some time ago but is still not open.
Having an EV may well change the type of route I take since normally on holiday I avoid all the motorways where the fast chargers are and drive through the countryside. Normally I would go north from Moffat on the A701 through the "beef tub" then round the south of Edinburgh and over the Forth road bridge rather than the A74 M80 and A9.
We will be going on to Dunecht to visit my wife's brother then Gardenstown on the Moray Firth where some of our best and oldest friends farm.
All I have to do now is wait for delivery of the Taycan CT!

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Having an EV may well change the type of route I take since normally on holiday I avoid all the motorways where the fast chargers are and drive through the countryside. Normally I would go north from Moffat on the A701 through the "beef tub" then round the south of Edinburgh and over the Forth road bridge rather than the A74 M80 and A9.
We will be going on to Dunecht to visit my wife's brother then Gardenstown on the Moray Firth where some of our best and oldest friends farm.
All I have to do now is wait for delivery of the Taycan CT!
Devil’s beef tub is a great road, best route to Edinburgh ?

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag