Ionity deploying plug-and-charge to all the network

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
does upgrading their hardware over come the issues in the 2021 taycans that cause the plug and charge feature to not operate?

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
does upgrading their hardware over come the issues in the 2021 taycans that cause the plug and charge feature to not operate?
Don‘t know for sure. Mine is 2020. Also, I believe there was an earlier post stating that European Taycans have a different variant 22kw AC charger and plug-and-charge supposedly works on these.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Are they making use of the P&C of the Porsche hardware or is it like Fastned is doing and any car can do it? I tried finding it in their publication but couldnt.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are they making use of the P&C of the Porsche hardware or is it like Fastned is doing and any car can do it? I tried finding it in their publication but couldnt.
I believe it is intended to be universal. I have seen somewhere they will update their own app soon. It is pretty terrible and almost useless right now.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I believe it is intended to be universal. I have seen somewhere they will update their own app soon. It is pretty terrible and almost useless right now.
They are known to be greedy so they most definitely will just copy Fastned and do it through software so any EV can do P&C.

Can I ask you one little thing since you are from Europe too?
When you got your Taycan and activated the Porsche Charging Service in your account at MyPorsche, did you have to order the charging card separately somewhere? Like tell the dealer to send it? Or did it come automatically via mail? Thanks!

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They are known to be greedy so they most definitely will just copy Fastned and do it through software so any EV can do P&C.

Can I ask you one little thing since you are from Europe too?
When you got your Taycan and activated the Porsche Charging Service in your account at MyPorsche, did you have to order the charging card separately somewhere? Like tell the dealer to send it? Or did it come automatically via mail? Thanks!
It came in the mail quite quickly just by signing up. I always keep it in the car. It has never failed me to operate at all the chargers with agreements with them. However, markup with non-Ionity is usually over 100%! After noticing this, I try to operate with each network’s apps. With Ionity you get the discounted rate.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Don‘t know for sure. Mine is 2020. Also, I believe there was an earlier post stating that European Taycans have a different variant 22kw AC charger and plug-and-charge supposedly works on these.
the 2020 models do not have the plug and charge features regardless of the hardware being plug and charge capable

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the 2020 models do not have the plug and charge features regardless of the hardware being plug and charge capable
Hopefully, eventually it may be implemented Fingers crossed !
Sponsored