chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Are these 2 apps largely redundant? I get a notification from each whenever climate control has done its thing:
Porsche Taycan iOS: My Porsche vs Porsche Connect app IMG_0582

Looking at each app, Porsche Connect seems more useful, but I'm interested what other owners are running and why.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Neither are redundant.

Porsche Connect App is being replaced by My Porsche but currently is functionally deficient.

More features on Porsche Connect but can have connectivity issues than not.

At some point Porsche Connect will be retired.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
What happens at the end of the three year free Porsche Connect service if it's not renewed? Does My Porsche app continue to work?

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have an android phone and my Porsche Connect app will not let me install Myporsche. Says I can have only one of the two. Hope the changeover comes soon as I have a hard time seeing the screen with Connect in sunlight - red lettering on black background not easily readable. Black on white would be better for me imho.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What happens at the end of the three year free Porsche Connect service if it's not renewed? Does My Porsche app continue to work?
Just a guess, but app will most likely work, but you will be paying for all currently free services after 3 years, but I'll bet they have a plan you can buy for an unreasonable amount.

Ronglos

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Taycan
Country flag
Just a guess, but app will most likely work, but you will be paying for all currently free services after 3 years, but I'll bet they have a plan you can buy for an unreasonable amount.
After one year of free app with my 911 Porsche wanted $155 a year. Never subscribed. Not needed.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
After rereading my post I realized my question was ambiguous. What I meant to ask is will the Porsche Connect app be disabled if the service is not renewed in 3 years? And, if Porsche Connect is phased out will it be necessary to renew the Connect Services in order for the My Porsche app to continue to work on my iPhone?

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
After one year of free app with my 911 Porsche wanted $155 a year. Never subscribed. Not needed.
$155? That hilarious for a half arsed, most of the time not working service. After a week in my taycan I already miss Volvos app. Miles ahead.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Did anybody else have their car just removed from both the Connect and My Porsche apps? I just got a notification they removed my car and now it’s not associated with either app.
Porsche Taycan iOS: My Porsche vs Porsche Connect app F60B7FB9-C365-495D-8B6D-704A1FE3C2F0
Porsche Taycan iOS: My Porsche vs Porsche Connect app 98F16970-BF3E-4C0F-8733-D86B18779B0E

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The app will 'work' but you won't be able to do anything with the connected services so somewhat pointless really to not extend.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
$155? That hilarious for a half arsed, most of the time not working service. After a week in my taycan I already miss Volvos app. Miles ahead.
Keep your Volvo instead then!

Services continue to work in the car which is what the fees are for I believe.

The app is ostensibly "free" and there's a jolly good reason for it as it is pants most days for many of us.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
Keep your Volvo instead then!

Services continue to work in the car which is what the fees are for I believe.

The app is ostensibly "free" and there's a jolly good reason for it as it is pants most days for many of us.
What the… I think it’s perfectly fine to point out how bad Porsche is in this area without being told to basically not drive a Porsche.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
After rereading my post I realized my question was ambiguous. What I meant to ask is will the Porsche Connect app be disabled if the service is not renewed in 3 years? And, if Porsche Connect is phased out will it be necessary to renew the Connect Services in order for the My Porsche app to continue to work on my iPhone?
The subscription after 3 years is for the car to be connected via LTE. It's an interesting question, since logging in to the PCM requires the LTE. So if your 3 year subscription is not renewed, I guess you can't login to the PCM and have your profile. I guess the alternative is to put the eSim onto your Verizon contract if you have one, that would give the PCM LTE connectivity. But who knows if the services would work if you have no subscription.

ORZOWEI

First Name
ORZO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X P100D - Taycan Turbo S (2021)
Country flag
What the… I think it’s perfectly fine to point out how bad Porsche is in this area without being told to basically not drive a Porsche.
Yeah, the price we already payed for the car should be MORE than enough to have this "service" working and free!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
The subscription after 3 years is for the car to be connected via LTE. It's an interesting question, since logging in to the PCM requires the LTE. So if your 3 year subscription is not renewed, I guess you can't login to the PCM and have your profile. I guess the alternative is to put the eSim onto your Verizon contract if you have one, that would give the PCM LTE connectivity. But who knows if the services would work if you have no subscription.
Exactly - and that is what I'd be interested to know i.e. can you swap out the eSIM and still connect to Porsche service - suspect if you're connecting via your carrier Porsche won't care as long as you pay their high cost of participation/subscription.

But then you are paying Porsche's annual fee and a device/SIM annual add to your mobile account - getting pricey but I suspect I'd still need it.

Wonder how much of the Porsche paid subscription rate is covering the (in US) Verizon hook up vs their 'services' and if you could deduct if using your personal mobile service - yeah I know, almost certainly not! 3 years away so will deal with that them I guess :)
Sponsored