iOS: My Porsche vs Porsche Connect app

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
$155? That hilarious for a half arsed, most of the time not working service. After a week in my taycan I already miss Volvos app. Miles ahead.
I probably miss the Tesla app as much as you miss the Volvo app. On the other hand, I don't really miss the Tesla.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chylld

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Neither are redundant.

Porsche Connect App is being replaced by My Porsche but currently is functionally deficient.

More features on Porsche Connect but can have connectivity issues than not.

At some point Porsche Connect will be retired.
Thanks for that explanation! I'll keep both around then but mute My Porsche notifications until it encompasses Porsche Connect functionality.

I probably miss the Tesla app as much as you miss the Volvo app. On the other hand, I don't really miss the Tesla.
My sentiment exactly! :like:

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Are these 2 apps largely redundant? I get a notification from each whenever climate control has done its thing:
IMG_0582.jpg

Looking at each app, Porsche Connect seems more useful, but I'm interested what other owners are running and why.
I seldom use Porsche Connect and never use MyPorsche since neither qualifies as a delightful app…

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
The telemetry data Porsche collects from their ever-growing fleet ought to be reason enough to keep it going at no cost to the customer.

Last edited:

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Neither are redundant.

Porsche Connect App is being replaced by My Porsche but currently is functionally deficient.

More features on Porsche Connect but can have connectivity issues than not.

At some point Porsche Connect will be retired.
Have you managed to find car battery usage data in the new Application? I can only seen to find it in the old app’. Wasn’t sure if it was me being a bit thick. . .

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Humour lost in translation I fear!
Have you managed to find car battery usage data in the new Application? I can only seen to find it in the old app’. Wasn’t sure if it was me being a bit thick. . .
You aren't - one of the many missing features.

Abandon both apps and use the My Porsche web site on your mobile. Most features and services are available there.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did anybody else have their car just removed from both the Connect and My Porsche apps? I just got a notification they removed my car and now it’s not associated with either app.
F60B7FB9-C365-495D-8B6D-704A1FE3C2F0.jpeg
98F16970-BF3E-4C0F-8733-D86B18779B0E.jpeg
LOL Have you looked in the driveway? Seriously, might just need a reboot, or not. I sometimes get German instead of English on the menus.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I thought you needed mandatory Porsche Connect Services (connecting your Taycan using your Porsche ID and Password) for creating and getting back your confort driver profile??? The driver profile stores many ofyour prefered driver settings plus your seat and mirror specifications. What if the car cannot do its login? You cannot get back your driver profile?

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag

SorenDK

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I have an android phone and my Porsche Connect app will not let me install Myporsche. Says I can have only one of the two. Hope the changeover comes soon as I have a hard time seeing the screen with Connect in sunlight - red lettering on black background not easily readable. Black on white would be better for me imho.
I use android as well and have uninstalled the Connect app and only use My Porsche - seems to work fine.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It doesn't actually "do" anything.

You can't trigger locks or close windows....seems pretty useless except for pulling stats and seeing current charge. It even annoyingly shows you the status of these but doesn't allow you to do anything about them.

Climate control...meh. Porsche needs to replace their tech leaders that manage the driver experience. They fall so horribly short in this area.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It doesn't actually "do" anything.

You can't trigger locks or close windows....seems pretty useless except for pulling stats and seeing current charge. It even annoyingly shows you the status of these but doesn't allow you to do anything about them.

Climate control...meh. Porsche needs to replace their tech leaders that manage the driver experience. They fall so horribly short in this area.
You can lock / unlock the car with either app. These functions are only available when the app has an active connection to the car. Slow to use plus locking doesn't fold the mirrors.

Poor functionality all round.

OP
OP
chylld

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I definitely miss the Tesla app... but with all it could do (and how well it did it) after 2 years of ownership the only thing I did with it was activate climate control.

In My Porsche I can do that with 1 tap, even when it's still busy updating the car status... it just sends the command through when it can.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You can lock / unlock the car with either app. These functions are only available when the app has an active connection to the car. Slow to use plus locking doesn't fold the mirrors.

Poor functionality all round.
correcting this post - MY2020 gives me nothing but climate to adjust. Lock/unlock etc...just status but no option to manipulate it through the app.
Sponsored

Last edited: