iOS: My Porsche vs Porsche Connect app

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Not in North America - which given you can do as much as summon your car with Tesla and remote park with BMW, I'd say its not because of regulations.
Hmm - am I misinterpreting your response (?) but I can lock and unlock my car, do remote park assist, precondition, check charging progress/status, locate the car etc all from the new MyPorsche app (based in Houston).
Key symbol here leads to locking options - lock/unlock typically takes 5-8 secs to complete (but indeed does not appear to fold the mirrors!):

EDIT - I have only tried these functions at home and have a green light connection - no idea as yet when away from home if these all become far less reliable:

Porsche Taycan iOS: My Porsche vs Porsche Connect app A6FF3C5D-8493-4EBA-95F9-C55BB0E09922
Sponsored

Last edited:

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hmm - am I misinterpreting your response (?) but I can lock and unlock my car, do remote park assist, precondition, check charging progress/status, locate the car etc all from the new MyPorsche app (based in Houston).
Key symbol here leads to locking options - lock/unlock typically takes 5-8 secs to complete (but indeed does not appear to fold the mirrors!):

EDIT - I have only tried these functions at home and have a green light connection - no idea as yet when away from home if these all become far less reliable:

A6FF3C5D-8493-4EBA-95F9-C55BB0E09922.png
oh thats right - is an MY2020 thing! I get it mixed up with an Audi I have which is just as non-functional as the app for my Taycan. My bad - thanks for correcting me!

Some communication on the board talking about this and how it was supposed to be planned for backward compatibility and fixed with the major update that gave us wireless CarPlay...nota so far!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
oh thats right - is an MY2020 thing! I get it mixed up with an Audi I have which is just as non-functional as the app for my Taycan. My bad - thanks for correcting me!

Some communication on the board talking about this and how it was supposed to be planned for backward compatibility and fixed with the major update that gave us wireless CarPlay...nota so far!
Yeah not cool at all re leaving the 2020 in the cold like this - reminds me of the 3G issue with my M4 where absolutely no solution was proposed to upgrade the wireless services side!

Maxzor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
After the first free 3 years of Porsche Connect services you will have to pay 329€ (350 dollars) a year ....

Porsche Taycan iOS: My Porsche vs Porsche Connect app Screenshot_20211227-181442_Google

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Porsche needs to replace their tech leaders that manage the driver experience. They fall so horribly short in this area.
Agreed, preferably with people that actually drive cars regularly. A mix of people who park said cars on the street, in lots/car parks and garages would be ideal.

Tesla’s had their share of nagging problems too, one notable one being their rain sensing (or not) wipers. Not sure if they ever completely fixed it, since rain apparently isn’t a “California problem”. “Dog Mode”, farts & karaoke are bang-on, though.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not in North America - which given you can do as much as summon your car with Tesla and remote park with BMW, I'd say its not because of regulations.
Odd I thought I'd read on the forum that others in North America could lock / unlock - perhaps search the forum and if people can and you can't perhaps there is something not set right

Either way it's not worth the effort as it takes minutes to perform either action.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Odd I thought I'd read on the forum that others in North America could lock / unlock - perhaps search the forum and if people can and you can't perhaps there is something not set right

Either way it's not worth the effort as it takes minutes to perform either action.
5-8 secs. max for me but TBH rarely use it!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
5-8 secs. max for me but TBH rarely use it!
I'm still waiting for mine to unlock lol.

I suspect if you kill the app and start afresh it will take much longer than your precise time and if using the key fob.

Unnecessary widget that works intermittently (in my case) like all features of either app.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I suspect if you kill the app and start afresh it will take much longer than your precise time and if using the key fob.

Unnecessary widget that works intermittently (in my case) like all features of either app.
Have tested a few times and indeed through cycles of relaunching the app and seems fairly consistent but as mentioned before, only at home where decent signals etc. so may be more sketchy elsewhere.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Have you tried sending an address via the MyPorsche app to the car? Searched forum w/o results so popping question in here vs new thread - apparently was successful in sending but cannot see it in the PCM - no notification nor message nor in Favourites etc. New to Porsche's system so possibly just missing it?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have you tried sending an address via the MyPorsche app to the car? Searched forum w/o results so popping question in here vs new thread - apparently was successful in sending but cannot see it in the PCM - no notification nor message nor in Favourites etc. New to Porsche's system so possibly just missing it?
With an active connection it works well on the Porsche Connect App but does not work for me on the My Porsche App (ever).

As long as you are logged into the car with the same id as the app then you should get a pop-up notification in the PCM to accept or decline the route.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With an active connection it works well on the Porsche Connect App but does not work for me on the My Porsche App (ever).

As long as you are logged into the car with the same id as the app then you should get a pop-up notification in the PCM to accept or decline the route.
Yeah but I guess the point of the app is that you can load an address to the car remotely right - if I am already in the car I'd simply search directly in the PCM Nav :) But appears to be an issue regardless if you too can't send it remotely. Have not tried yet from a browser - might be that is more receptive?

EDIT - Just now tried it from the MyPorsche Web in a browser and it worked - voila! I guess the app has yet to catch up.

Last edited:

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
To be clear.. "MyPorsche App" is newer than the "Porsche Conect App" ? Which one to keep? I have a 2020, and it does not have any options to lock/unlock the car (my 2018 Panamera had it)... which sucks for 2020 early adopters... you heard that Porsche... haha.. I guess not...

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To be clear.. "MyPorsche App" is newer than the "Porsche Conect App" ? Which one to keep? I have a 2020, and it does not have any options to lock/unlock the car (my 2018 Panamera had it)... which sucks for 2020 early adopters... you heard that Porsche... haha.. I guess not...
Yep covered in previous posts in this thread and as noted by @Skilly the 2020 Taycan's seem to be unsupported in many aspects of the (newest) MyPorsche app. I am ploughing ahead with the MyPorsche app as the majority of, and frankly if not all the things I need from it, are in fact currently fully functional at this time other than integration of the NA Charging app.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Older Porsche Connect still has the speed limit, location warning, and tire pressure etc... while the newer My Porsche currently is very limited... I guess like what others are saying... keep both until MY Porsche is (hopefully) updated with at least these previous options AND more like unlock/lock... would royally suck if it is even less than before...
Sponsored