ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S and ID.4
Country flag
Has anybody had there IPhone 12 overheat during wireless charging ?, it has happen to me twice so far, both times the phone has been charging for just over an hour, the phone just shuts down, has a temperature gauge displayed and is extremely hot.

Thoughts ?
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Was it in any sort of case while charging?

OP
OP

ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S and ID.4
Country flag
No, both times it wasn’t in a case.

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anybody had there IPhone 12 overheat during wireless charging ?, it has happen to me twice so far, both times the phone has been charging for just over an hour, the phone just shuts down, has a temperature gauge displayed and is extremely hot.

Thoughts ?
I've literally just replaced my stolen Samsung Ultra with the Iphone 12 pro max.. it's just arrived and sat on my desk.. I will follow this before opening it..

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hmm. No idea from me then. I have an 8+ which barely gets warm, but also doesn't charge very quickly wirelessly. The 12, as much newer hardware, likely has different charging hardware, and that's causing this (there is at least one other thread talking about warm armrest, presumably from the phone and/or wireless charger pad in the armrest console getting hot.

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Thoughts ?
Ok. Used my 12 max pro today. Yes it gets warm but not overly hot. I’ve had it on the wireless charger for about 2 hours.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

Thoughts ?
Was CarPlay active, either wireless or with a cable?

MTM2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo, '19 Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
On a long trip with wireless CarPlay active, the vehicle displayed a message to remove any extra objects from the center storage area. Phone (iPhone 12) was very warm and likely on its way to overheating. Wireless charging also wasn't keeping up with the energy demands of CarPlay.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
CarPlay was active along with Google maps.
I have an iPhone, but no wireless CarPlay. I have had the same experience by having the phone placed in the charger in the armrest, but plugged in via cable for CarPlay. I believe the phone will not charge via the Qi charger when plugged in, but my phone got very hot and switched off several times during a trip. It actually rebooted the PCM at that stage as well.

I have now installed a Brodit and Proclip holder for the phone outside of the armrest to keep a check on the phone being plugged in. Unfortunately this means I will not have the benefit of the alleged signal amplifier for the antenna, that the holder in the armrest provides.

blabus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I haven't noticed it in my Taycan, but I have this problem every single time I try to use wireless charging in my '21 RS7 with my iPhone 12 Mini. Within about 45 minutes of charging the phone has overheated to the point that it shows the iOS warning on the lock screen regarding the phone needing to cool down.

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
I used to have an M5 with wireless charging, and my iPhone 11 constantly overheated if left on the charger for a while. At the time my friend that works at BMW said that’s very common ??‍♂

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Thoughts ?
Mine gets very warm, never left it in long enough to shutdown from overheating

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
And my iPhone 12 mini does not charge at all..... :cool: guess the Qi protocol and the new magsafe protocol do not properly jive......... So some have over heating and for some there is just no charging......... oh well a little perturbing when I just went out and bought a wireless car-play adapter that works great. :CWL:

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
In addition to this I had apple car play connected whilst waiting at the supermarket and my daughter had the phone looking at pics. Phone not in holder and when she gave it back to me the phone was crazy hot? What’s going on here? Never felt the phone so hot and not in the charger, just in the car?

iPhone 10, just ordered at 12 today.
Sponsored