moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all, my Carrera White Taycan has developed a bit of orange specs/spots which I understand is iron dust that has accumulated/embedded itself on the finish. Removing these little orange specs isn’t easy as I have tried testing a small area with clay bar followed by aggressive compound. Looking online, there seems to be a spray on product by Carpro called Iron X which dissolves the particles making it apparently easy to clay and/or wipe off. Lots of positive reviews and videos out there on this product.

Has anyone used this product? Does it work and if so any comment on how safe this is to use on our car’s finish? Any concerns with it coming into contact with our plastic trim parts?
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Hi all, my Carrera White Taycan has developed a bit of orange specs/spots which I understand is iron dust that has accumulated/embedded itself on the finish. Removing these little orange specs isn’t easy as I have tried testing a small area with clay bar followed by aggressive compound. Looking online, there seems to be a spray on product by Carpro called Iron X which dissolves the particles making it apparently easy to clay and/or wipe off. Lots of positive reviews and videos out there on this product.

Has anyone used this product? Does it work and if so any comment on how safe this is to use on our car’s finish? Any concerns with it coming into contact with our plastic trim parts?
It is fairly common to use this type of product as part of the preparation to do ceramic coating on cars. It will not harm the paint provided you follow directions (do one section at a time, don't apply it in sunlight, etc.). I used GYEON Q2M Iron without any problems on my Taycan. The one I used was pH neutral.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I spray my wife’s white sport every month or so with iron x. Never had a problem. I typically boast the car with the jet, then spray it all over the car. Iron turn red and runs, wait 15 minutes. Then blast and wash the car.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag

I use Iron-X every few months on my 992 (and in the past on many of my cars). It is definitely safe to use on wheels and plastics.

I prefer to work from the bottom up when using it, spraying on wheels first, then rinsing wheels, then move onto the bottom of the car and work up with the spray. The rear of the car gets the most contamination because of the exhaust. I prefer to not rub on the paint with the IronX as it is loosening/removing metal particles that are an abrasive. After the application of the IronX I will foam the car really well prior to rinsing really well. The rewash the car once again afterwards.
Sponsored