squiresGT3

First Name
Squires
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag
I’m planning to place my 4S order within couple weeks. My build is $157K is it too much for 4S ? I’m plan to keep the car for 5-6 years and replace it with new taycan in future. Would you consider new Tesla S compare to taycan for trade in value ? I heard porsche owners will not want used taycan?

here is my build

http://www.porschecode.com/PM1U9V73
Sponsored

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
Mine came in at 175k (canadian) if your at 157 USD we will have a similar spec

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
It is on the high side, very similar to mine, although I did not opt for 21" wheels and got a few other options instead. As long as you accept going in that you won't get credit for many of these options on resale, it's fine.

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
Mine's the equivalent of about 170k USD.

I didn't want to pick it up and regret not ticking a few boxes.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
My 4S build comes in at about $10K less than yours and I was trying to figure out where the big difference was since we both spec'd PCCB's, Mission E wheels and some other similar items.

You opted for the full Premium package while I went ala carte on some of those options but OTOH I went for the full Performance package while you picked only some things so that was pretty much a wash price wise.

Then I noticed that you've ordered the Sport Design package and that's almost the entire difference right there. $9560 for those exterior trim bits with some CF seems very expensive to me but obviously that's your decision.

As for resale, I have no idea how the Taycan will compare to the model S in the future. I will just say that, in terms of future Porsche buyers in particular, performance options like PDCC and PTV+ might be more important than a cosmetic option like the Design Package, but that's just how I would feel about it and is totally subjective on my part.

FWIW, I spec'd a Turbo and a 4S with the options I wanted as close to each other as I reasonably could and the difference was pretty close to $25K.

Regardless, yours will be a very nice car. Good luck with your choices.

Last edited:
OP
OP

squiresGT3

First Name
Squires
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag
I think over 155-160, I'd go for the Turbo. You're on the cusp. Also, keep in mind discounts might be higher for the Turbo (depending on the dealership). Try to price out the Turbo and see what the delta is.
For my turbo build will price around $177K so basically $20K more than my 4S build. I’m in L.A. I’m not sure which dealer will give me big discount for 4S or either turbo

OP
OP

squiresGT3

First Name
Squires
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag
My 4S build comes in at about $10K less than yours and I was trying to figure out where the big difference was since we both spec'd PCCB's, Mission E wheels and some other similar items.

You opted for the full Premium package while I went ala carte on some of those options but OTOH I went for the full Performance package while you picked only some things so that was pretty much a wash price wise.

Then I noticed that you've ordered the Sport Design package and that's almost the entire difference right there. $9560 for those exterior trim bits with some CF seems very expensive to me but obviously that's your decision.

As for resale, I have no idea how the Taycan will compare to the model S in the future. I will just say that, in terms of future Porsche buyers in particular, performance options like PDCC and PTV+ might be more important than a cosmetic option like the Design Package, but that's just how I would feel about it and is totally subjective on my part.

Regardless, it will be a very nice car. Good luck with your choices.
Yeah those PDCC and PTV+ might be better for daily use. ...I’m still on the fence if those CF sport design will make the car look better ..I own a GT3 touring so I want my taycan to look sporty and match to my GT3.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For my turbo build will price around $177K so basically $20K more than my 4S build. I’m in L.A. I’m not sure which dealer will give me big discount for 4S or either turbo
If you're okay with doing the LA Experience Center pickup, you can literally order from ant dealership. DM me if you want me to loop you in with a dealership that can get you great deal.

OP
OP

squiresGT3

First Name
Squires
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag
If you're okay with doing the LA Experience Center pickup, you can literally order from ant dealership. DM me if you want me to loop you in with a dealership that can get you great deal.
DMed

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
The problem with spec’ing a turbo compared to a higher end 4S is that most of the options people like me select on the 4S aren’t even standard on the turbo. You’re still paying for premium package, pretty much all performance options, mission E wheels, power mirrors, charging options. The only thing you really get is the performance battery and full leather to start you off...

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, 911 Turbo 991.2, Lambo Gallardo, F 458
Country flag
I’m planning to place my 4S order within couple weeks. My build is $157K is it too much for 4S ? I’m plan to keep the car for 5-6 years and replace it with new taycan in future. Would you consider new Tesla S compare to taycan for trade in value ? I heard porsche owners will not want used taycan?

here is my build

http://www.porschecode.com/PM1U9V73
Just got mine...the wheels and breaks take it to nearly turbo levels....if you absolutely need it, do it, but those won’t carry over in resale especially in 5 years.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
The problem with spec’ing a turbo compared to a higher end 4S is that most of the options people like me select on the 4S aren’t even standard on the turbo. You’re still paying for premium package, pretty much all performance options, mission E wheels, power mirrors, charging options. The only thing you really get is the performance battery and full leather to start you off...
Agreed. That's ultimately why I went with a quite fully optioned 4S, even though it's the opposite of what I have historically done when purchasing cars.

OP
OP

squiresGT3

First Name
Squires
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag

FWIW, I spec'd a Turbo and a 4S with the options I wanted as close to each other as I reasonably could and the difference was pretty close to $25K.

Regardless, yours will be a very nice car. Good luck with your choices.
Here is updated 4S build
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMM95BI6

All CF parts been removed .. now I’m at $146K for 4S ...and 176K for Tubo

I’m not sure the $30K different will worth the upgrade.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Here is updated 4S build
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMM95BI6

All CF parts been removed .. now I’m at $146K for 4S ...and 176K for Tubo

I’m not sure the $30K different will worth the upgrade.
Unless you are going to track the car, I see no reason for the PCCB brakes. Save yourself like $4-5K and just get the coated brakes. I don’t understand why people remove the name from the back unless you don’t want people to know you have a 4S.
Sponsored