Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
170usd though...I am into mind for 175 Cdn, thought 170usd would get you a turbo well spec'd
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m planning to place my 4S order within couple of weeks. My build is $157K. Is it too much for 4S ? I’m plan to keep the car for 5-6 years and replace it with new taycan in future. Would you consider new Tesla S compare to taycan for trade in value ? I heard porsche owners will not want used taycan?

here is my build

http://www.porschecode.com/PM1U9V73
My two cents: I think you're missing some essentials and gilding the lily with expensive options that you don't really need and will not enhance the resale value of the Taycan 5 years hence.

Specifically, I would delete the SportDesign package. At $10K, it's an expensive option that really adds nothing in terms of performance and is something that will not increase the resale value down the road. I'd do the same with the carbon trim mirrors for the same reason. I'd also delete the ceramic brakes as they aren't really necessary unless you're spending some serious time on the track. The Taycan generates a ton of regenerative braking, so much so that the service interval on the brakes is every 6 years. Basically, for most driving scenarios you won't be pushing pad to rotor 85% of the time making the ceramic brakes completely superfluous. Finally, I would delete the Passenger Display. Unless someone is sitting in the passenger seat a good portion of the time it's not even active. It does look cool, but is it really going to be useful as time goes on?

As far as what's missing, I went with the Head's Up Display and the Night Vision as I love the technology and they are reminiscent of my F-18. Also, missed are various E-Mobility options that may serve you as the years go by. Things like 19.2kW AC charger will greatly speed up charging on AC and the Intelligent Range Manager at $300 is a no-brainer. Presumably, you're going with a third-party home charger because the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect is somewhat overpriced, so that's good call.

Here's my build for what it's worth:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWC96W1

As for your Tesla question, I am a current Tesla Model S owner, a 2015 85D. Tesla's trade-in policies are in a word, absurd. They offer unreal low-ball numbers when you trade a car in with them. In my case, my car cost new $103K when I bought it. I was prepared to order a new Model S and those clowns offered a hair over $21K in trade for a flawless car which soured me to abandon the brand altogether and order a Porsche Taycan. I also have a 1997 911S which has only increased in value since I bought it new way back when. Historically, Porsches really hold their value, much more so than any other car I've ever seen. Mercedes and BMW crater after a couple of years, which makes them great cars to buy used. Porsches on the other hand, hold their value and a quick gander at the used car market (Craiglist, Carvana or the Porsche Finder website--https://finder.porsche.com/us/en_US/) will bear this out.

Good luck with your car. No matter what you choose to do, it's going to be awesome.

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Unless you are going to track the car, I see no reason for the PCCB brakes. Save yourself like $4-5K and just get the coated brakes. I don’t understand why people remove the name from the back unless you don’t want people to know you have a 4S.
I agree on the brakes - much $'s saved for no performance loss. I debadged because I don't like the extra lettering - makes the car cleaner looking and easier to clean.:clap:

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
I agree on the brakes - much $'s saved for no performance loss. I debadged because I don't like the extra lettering - makes the car cleaner looking and easier to clean.:clap:
its a matter of preference, I would like a all black or all white badge if i could find one. this goes for the wheel caps too

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Even if one thinks the difference in braking performance and feel is irrelevant, my thought is that taking 10+ pounds of un-sprung weight out of each corner by definition doesn't qualify as "no performance". But I'll admit, it can be argued whether most people could tell the difference.

All that aside, however, those big 420mm front and 410mm rear cross drilled PCCB rotors look awesome, especially when compared to the standard rotors. Even the 365mm rear discs on the PSCB's appear undersized by comparison, especially behind larger diameter wheels. Personally, I'd rather spend a chunk of my budget for cosmetic items on great looking brakes than CF trim or many of the various other appearance options that are available and equally as expensive as the delta between PCCB's and PSCB's. Purely subjective on my part, of course.

Last edited:

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I believe the MRM on a 4S is $138,200. If you can get a discount on your options/car and get near the MRM, that would make more sense.
Anyone know what the MRM on the Turbo is? I’m sure I’m over it... but I’m curious by how much.

Mrmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT63s amg, Panamera GTS, s560, Range Rover
Country flag
My two cents: I think you're missing some essentials and gilding the lily with expensive options that you don't really need and will not enhance the resale value of the Taycan 5 years hence.

Specifically, I would delete the SportDesign package. At $10K, it's an expensive option that really adds nothing in terms of performance and is something that will not increase the resale value down the road. I'd do the same with the carbon trim mirrors for the same reason. I'd also delete the ceramic brakes as they aren't really necessary unless you're spending some serious time on the track. The Taycan generates a ton of regenerative braking, so much so that the service interval on the brakes is every 6 years. Basically, for most driving scenarios you won't be pushing pad to rotor 85% of the time making the ceramic brakes completely superfluous. Finally, I would delete the Passenger Display. Unless someone is sitting in the passenger seat a good portion of the time it's not even active. It does look cool, but is it really going to be useful as time goes on?

As far as what's missing, I went with the Head's Up Display and the Night Vision as I love the technology and they are reminiscent of my F-18. Also, missed are various E-Mobility options that may serve you as the years go by. Things like 19.2kW AC charger will greatly speed up charging on AC and the Intelligent Range Manager at $300 is a no-brainer. Presumably, you're going with a third-party home charger because the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect is somewhat overpriced, so that's good call.

Here's my build for what it's worth:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWC96W1

As for your Tesla question, I am a current Tesla Model S owner, a 2015 85D. Tesla's trade-in policies are in a word, absurd. They offer unreal low-ball numbers when you trade a car in with them. In my case, my car cost new $103K when I bought it. I was prepared to order a new Model S and those clowns offered a hair over $21K in trade for a flawless car which soured me to abandon the brand altogether and order a Porsche Taycan. I also have a 1997 911S which has only increased in value since I bought it new way back when. Historically, Porsches really hold their value, much more so than any other car I've ever seen. Mercedes and BMW crater after a couple of years, which makes them great cars to buy used. Porsches on the other hand, hold their value and a quick gander at the used car market (Craiglist, Carvana or the Porsche Finder website--https://finder.porsche.com/us/en_US/) will bear this out.

Good luck with your car. No matter what you choose to do, it's going to be awesome.
question is, would a porsche EV retain its value as much as their ICE counterparts

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
question is, would a porsche EV retain its value as much as their ICE counterparts
I'm guessing it won't. Panamera, Cayenne, & Macan resale values aren't anything special. Only the sports cars hold their value much better than other brands.

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
Most expensive 4s I have seen at $181K!

Carmine Red Exterior Color
Leather Interior in Black / Bordeaux Red
Taycan 4S Logo on Rear in High Gloss Black
Wheels Painted in High Gloss Black
PSCB w/ Calipers in High Gloss Black
Sport Design Package in High Gloss Black
Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber and Race Tex w/ Heating
Power Charger Port Cover
Front Porsche Crest on Headrests
Rear 2+1 Seats
Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber
Center Console Armrests w/ Porsche Crest
Exterior Mirror Upper Trim in Carbon Fiber
Roof Lining in Race Tex
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
Night Vision Assist
Vehicle Keys Painted w/ One Key Pouch in Leather
Taycan 4S Logo on Doors in Black
21 Mission E Design Wheels
Seat Belts in Bordeaux Red
Interior Accents in Dark Silver
Performance Battery Plus
Passenger Display
Advanced Four Zone Climate Control
Mobile Charger Connect
Porsche InnoDrive w/ Adaptive Cruise Control
All Season Tires for 21 Wheels
Window Trim in High Gloss Black
Under Door Puddle Light Projectors
Door Sill Guards in Black Brushed Aluminum
Thermally and Noise Insulated Glass
Performance Package
Porsche Electric Sport Sound
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport
Rear Axle Steering w/ Power Steering Plus
Sport Chrono Package
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus
Premium Package
Massage Seat w/ Seat Ventilation
Fixed Panoramic Roof in Glass
Lane Change Assist
LED Matrix Design HL in Glacier Blue w/ PDLS Plus

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Most expensive 4s I have seen at $181K!

Carmine Red Exterior Color
Leather Interior in Black / Bordeaux Red
Taycan 4S Logo on Rear in High Gloss Black
Wheels Painted in High Gloss Black
PSCB w/ Calipers in High Gloss Black
Sport Design Package in High Gloss Black
Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber and Race Tex w/ Heating
Power Charger Port Cover
Front Porsche Crest on Headrests
Rear 2+1 Seats
Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber
Center Console Armrests w/ Porsche Crest
Exterior Mirror Upper Trim in Carbon Fiber
Roof Lining in Race Tex
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
Night Vision Assist
Vehicle Keys Painted w/ One Key Pouch in Leather
Taycan 4S Logo on Doors in Black
21 Mission E Design Wheels
Seat Belts in Bordeaux Red
Interior Accents in Dark Silver
Performance Battery Plus
Passenger Display
Advanced Four Zone Climate Control
Mobile Charger Connect
Porsche InnoDrive w/ Adaptive Cruise Control
All Season Tires for 21 Wheels
Window Trim in High Gloss Black
Under Door Puddle Light Projectors
Door Sill Guards in Black Brushed Aluminum
Thermally and Noise Insulated Glass
Performance Package
Porsche Electric Sport Sound
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport
Rear Axle Steering w/ Power Steering Plus
Sport Chrono Package
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus
Premium Package
Massage Seat w/ Seat Ventilation
Fixed Panoramic Roof in Glass
Lane Change Assist
LED Matrix Design HL in Glacier Blue w/ PDLS Plus
Probably why it's still on the lot (it's a 2020). They'll probably need to discount it 10-15%+ to move it.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I mentally didn't want my 4S build to go over $140K for my own arbitrary reasons (partly because I wanted it to be around $20K less than the base optionless Turbo) and stopped adding options at the $136K mark.

It all depends on what you want.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Probably why it's still on the lot (it's a 2020). They'll probably need to discount it 10-15%+ to move it.
Someone must have specced the crap out of that build and then backed out on the purchase, leaving the dealership to try to move a really overpriced and specced 4S

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
C
its a matter of preference, I would like a all black or all white badge if i could find one. this goes for the wheel caps too
Can always plasti-dip your emblems.

Mik76

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 320, Bmw 120
Country flag
Nice configuration.
I would skip:
Sportdesign,
Electric sound,
Sport Chrono white clock,
Porsche Crest,
Interior fiber,
Power charge cover
I would take Burmester ?. But thats all personal.
Sponsored