Is anyone holding off for the Taycan facelift 2023?

Keith

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5
Country flag
Just a thought. I have been reading lots of speculation on here about a face lift Taycan suspected for mid 2023. I do appreciate those of us who have already had a long wait will feel "grateful" for any Taycan right now (although preferably one with a battery and a stereo....) but, do any of you feel reluctant to take delivery of a new car just as a face lift is being rolled out? Or is my mindset/ perspective wrong here ? Should I get just back in my box and be grateful if I even get a whiff of a car in 2023? :CWL: Cheers
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just a thought. I have been reading lots of speculation on here about a face lift Taycan suspected for mid 2023. I do appreciate those of us who have already had a long wait will feel "grateful" for any Taycan right now (although preferably one with a battery and a stereo....) but, do any of you feel reluctant to take delivery of a new car just as a face lift is being rolled out? Or is my mindset/ perspective wrong here ? Should I get just back in my box and be grateful if I even get a whiff of a car in 2023? :CWL: Cheers
I'm not (locking now for a GTS ST) and it could be 2024 before this mid life refresh appears.

With an uncertain allocation cycle I decided not to play the slide to target MY24 plus I'm pretty sure the updates (as always with Porsche) will be blink and you'll miss it - I could be wrong but historically this is usually how it pans out.

smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
I do think orders will start to arrive thick and fast , the over priced overhyped days of porsche are about finished 911 are now easier to buy at list and the trade in prices the opc are giving are enough to make sure you won’t be going back for another

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I do think orders will start to arrive thick and fast , the over priced overhyped days of porsche are about finished 911 are now easier to buy at list and the trade in prices the opc are giving are enough to make sure you won’t be going back for another
For UK market I'm not so sure.

Recession is with us which inevitably will lead to cancelled purchase decisions and offloading of metal which will depress prices for all brands.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I may be unique in this point of view, but I would prefer not to get the very first year of a new design. I actually think all the waiting I've been doing (a year and half now) has a silver lining of getting a design which Porsche has had a few years to perfect and ring out any issues. I am switching from Tesla to Porsche because I am tired to driving perma-beta cars. It's annoying enough on Tesla where at least fixes to issues come every few days via OTA if they are serious, I would loathe the same on a Porsche which gets one software update every 9-12 months. I remember how many people here complained about alarm going off at random at night on Taycans and IIRC it took many months before there was a fix (while there was no permanent way to disable the faulty sensor - on a Tesla you'd at least get a way to disable it via OTA within a week after it was widely reported).

Now, if the new design upgraded my Turbo build to a tri-motor 1,100hp without launch control, or was somehow $50K cheaper for the same car, I might consider dealing with new design wrinkles. Extremely unlikely to happen of course. 🤷‍♂️

DoctorLife

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I don’t have a right answer for you, because that will depend on your particular views and circumstance. I hope the following helps.

I locked my Turbo order yesterday at the dealer in the full knowledge there is an update likely for 2024. I could have waited but what for? I have waited long enough already and sorry to disappoint everyone but none of us live forever. Normally Taycan refreshes are launched in June for “delivery” in Sept/Oct, more likely well into 2024, so another long wait.

There may be visual changes, which having seen the 2024 pictures, dont enthuse me compared with the current design. To protect residuals, there will likely only be a minor battery update but for me how often will that be an issue? I drive more than 20 miles a day only once or twice a year, so, nice as it is to have, what difference would 300 mile range compared to 275 miles make in daily use? None for me.

I think a Gen 2 model would definitely be worth waiting for and delaying an order, but the 2024 revision? Not for me. Good luck with your thinking.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
For UK market I'm not so sure.

Recession is with us which inevitably will lead to cancelled purchase decisions and offloading of metal which will depress prices for all brands.
Not known Porsche to suffer from this like other manufacturers. Most prestige brands continued to make huge profits...but who knows, maybe the Taycan will be like the Panamera as opposed to 911 in terms of residuals.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not known Porsche to suffer from this like other manufacturers.
I tried unloading a 2 year old 911C4 in the post dot com recession, the best price price I got was lower than 4 year residual was when I was buying it. It wasn't just Porsche, the whole high end car market was down at that time. Just mentioning this to show that Porsche was not immune as you suggest.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I tried unloading a 2 year old 911C4 in the post dot com recession, the best price price I got was lower than 4 year residual was when I was buying it. It wasn't just Porsche, the whole high end car market was down at that time. Just mentioning this to show that Porsche was not immune as you suggest.
The US vs European markets are totally different because the cost of money variances are so dramatic. I am not saying Porsche would not be impacted but the impacts are quite different in different markets and for different brands.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The US vs European markets are totally different because the cost of money variances are so dramatic. I am not saying Porsche would not be impacted but the impacts are quite different in different markets and for different brands.
Is money cheaper or more expensive in Europe? Either way, there should be a way to make good money borrowing in one market and lending in another, no?

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
I've got an order in for a GTS, specifically MY2024. My dealer has confirmed (!) that the facelift is happening next year and they expect SOP in September 2023. I'd expect delivery in NZ in first half of 2024 .

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I also tend to agree things are slowing down...my dealership up in Canada has multiple allocations for Taycans at MSRP and no one is taking them...

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I think the mark 2 Taycan (or facelift if you prefer that term) is going to be 2025. I think that was what my SE said
2027 (2026 release)
Sponsored