Is anyone tracking daily activity at Port Emden?

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I think we are all aware of the strike by now but trying to get a sense of whether cars are being loaded at all, whether it’s a slow down or a full stop and whether vessels will leave on their planned scheduled dates or be delayed until they get loaded up.

I know some of this group is clever and tracking and monitoring. Please either share the latest info you have or the tools being used to monitor.

TIA
Sponsored

ccyr15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (upcoming), RX450H, Ram 1500
Country flag
The easiest way to figure it out may be to poll people with cars waiting at port about when their cars arrived and where they're going. That info can be compared to shipping schedules to see if ships have come and gone unless that person knows. For example:

• Car: 4s Sedan
  • Arrival in Emden: 6/27
  • Destination: Davisville
  • Potential Ships: 2

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Also curious about this.
  • Car: GTS Sedan
  • Arrival in Emden: 07/04
  • Destination: Seattle (going through Port of Benicia)
  • Potential Ships: 1
Since I'm on the West Coast (US), it looks like my Taycan will likely be on the Glovis Sunlight. Based on the shipping schedules available online, this vessel was originally suppose to have docked at Emden Port last week but looks like the date has been pushed to next week. Glovis Sunlight seems to be currently anchored offshore.

Last edited:

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron, Porsche Taycan GTS, Macan Turbo (order)
Country flag
The easiest way to figure it out may be to poll people with cars waiting at port about when their cars arrived and where they're going. That info can be compared to shipping schedules to see if ships have come and gone unless that person knows. For example:

I think the issues go deeper than that. For example, my car entered “In Transit to Emden” status on July 12. It has never reached “Arrival in Emden”. I am guessing this means processing is backed up at Emden. So my car is somewhere between the factory and Emden (inclusive), in holding/limbo.

Car: GTS (sedan)
In Transit to Emden: July 12
Destination: Baltimore

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

The Port Emden problem is bigger than Porsche. I am looking to find out if anyone is able to track what is happening there on a daily basis. Not clear if the Port is at a full stop or if some level of work is being done and what this is going to do the schedules for the vessels.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
this year is just such shit for deliveries

covid shortages for parts to begin with
felicity ace fire
ukraine
car shipping vessel delays
port delays in the USA
now strikes in germany for the port at emden

mein Gott muss dass sein

ccyr15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (upcoming), RX450H, Ram 1500
Country flag
The Port Emden problem is bigger than Porsche. I am looking to find out if anyone is able to track what is happening there on a daily basis. Not clear if the Port is at a full stop or if some level of work is being done and what this is going to do the schedules for the vessels.
I think getting any such detailed information would require someone who actually works with/for the port of Emden. Looking at ship movements from the outside doesn't tell you anything about what is on the ship, which is the key information.
That's the reason I suggested people posting statuses. The accumulation of such data would allow for a swag at the ship strategy and rate (if there is one). I don't know how you would get this data otherwise.

irish_spring

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW M4, BMW X7
Country flag
My order has been at Emden since June 23rd or so. Nothing there is budging. I’m being told that it will get to Bay Aria on sept 9th. I believe that as much as the original estimate of April from when I put down my deposit.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Use this to track the latest boat schedules
https://www.pwl.de/en/eportal/schedules--vgm

Use this to track actual location of your boat - below link is to track the next west coast boat, glovis sunlight
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/GLOVIS-SUNLIGHT-IMO-9798416-MMSI-538007440

Seems like the west coast boat and maybe a lot of boats are waiting off the coast to dock at Emden. Can probably use this to check if the boats are moving into Port, which would mean their turn in Port has arrived

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Use this to track the latest boat schedules
https://www.pwl.de/en/eportal/schedules--vgm

Use this to track actual location of your boat - below link is to track the next west coast boat, glovis sunlight
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/GLOVIS-SUNLIGHT-IMO-9798416-MMSI-538007440

Seems like the west coast boat and maybe a lot of boats are waiting off the coast to dock at Emden. Can probably use this to check if the boats are moving into Port, which would mean their turn in Port has arrived
Thanks. This is helpful!

dcarls

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Cayman 2022 Taycan 4S 2021 Mercedes E
Country flag
My TMD says it left for Emden on July 27 - no updates since - Does Porsche tell us the Vessel once its loaded or do we guess based on departure times of Vessels leaving the port?

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My TMD says it left for Emden on July 27 - no updates since - Does Porsche tell us the Vessel once its loaded or do we guess based on departure times of Vessels leaving the port?
Sounds bad but I think we have to make an educated guess based on when the vessels leave and what TYD is telling us.

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
TYD informed me when my car was loaded (07/21), and which vessel it was loaded onto (Siem Cicero). The notification was a couple of days after the fact

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
TYD informed me when my car was loaded (07/21), and which vessel it was loaded onto (Siem Cicero). The notification was a couple of days after the fact
Good to know. Thanks. Things have such a crap shoot so far that I was mentally prepared to do my own investigative work to determine where my car is.

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - BMW I8, Soon Cherry Tycan GTS
Country flag

Sponsored