Is Bad Service a Feature of The Porsche Experience?

E=IR

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S. 2022 Mustang Mach E Prem AWD 92KW
Country flag
We brought our Taycan home in November of 2021. She was ordered off of the Porsche Menu in July. We thought long and hard about her bells, whistles, features, benefits and why nots. She is breathtaking and powerful. Every time we get behind the wheel we smile. Unless it involves a trip to the Dealer for service. The service we are seeking is to correct flaws like software, wiring harnesses, and unexpected peculiarities. Every time the car has gone in for service the dealership has failed to follow up promptly. They have never called to advise of the vehicle status following evaluation. Sometimes the car just sits for seven to ten days before anyone looks at it. Our most recent experience involves the failure of the heating system in Massachusetts in January. Fundamentally, in this climate the car is a brick when the heat fails. We were able to schedule a loaner and bring the car in for service after a ten day wait. The dealer couldn’t be bothered to let us know that they had looked at the car. I called them and was advised that it would be a week or two. This dealership consistently does not return phone calls, does not proactively advise status, and seems to be absolutely indifferent to the Customer Experience. I have politely articulated my concerns about service failures to The Service Manager at the dealership… But nothing changes. We love the car. We accept the idiosyncrasies. But. Wow! The service in Burlington Massachusetts Is just epic. Thoughts… Thanks.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
You appear to have a truly sub-par service department. I would simply try to find a different dealership - service of course not tied to any specific dealership - if that is not an option you may be stuck near term but I'd certainly provide a detailed review whenever the next Porsche service evaluation pops up in your email!

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
no my OPC service is brilliant

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@E=IR Not at all the experience I have had at Porsche service here. I picked a dealer further away than the nearest one based on recommendations from other Taycan owners. Suggest you find a different dealer.
Good luck.

p.s. One of the best things about this forum - unlike many online forums - is that there are very few people here who are rude, criticize other posts, or try to suppress content of posts.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
We brought our Taycan home in November of 2021. She was ordered off of the Porsche Menu in July. We thought long and hard about her bells, whistles, features, benefits and why nots. She is breathtaking and powerful. Every time we get behind the wheel we smile. Unless it involves a trip to the Dealer for service. The service we are seeking is to correct flaws like software, wiring harnesses, and unexpected peculiarities. Every time the car has gone in for service the dealership has failed to follow up promptly. They have never called to advise of the vehicle status following evaluation. Sometimes the car just sits for seven to ten days before anyone looks at it. Our most recent experience involves the failure of the heating system in Massachusetts in January. Fundamentally, in this climate the car is a brick when the heat fails. We were able to schedule a loaner and bring the car in for service after a ten day wait. The dealer couldn’t be bothered to let us know that they had looked at the car. I called them and was advised that it would be a week or two. This dealership consistently does not return phone calls, does not proactively advise status, and seems to be absolutely indifferent to the Customer Experience. I have politely articulated my concerns about service failures to The Service Manager at the dealership… But nothing changes. We love the car. We accept the idiosyncrasies. But. Wow! The service in Burlington Massachusetts Is just epic. Thoughts… Thanks.
This is really beyond unacceptable simply based on the fact that my dealer hounds me for feedback, service levels, and consumer report surveys (even provide $100 cash for proof of completion), and even when I say, let me plan out a service a month out, they say that's fine, but we need a score that we can let you bring it same day and they actually can do it same day. My understanding even from press releases that PCNA is having very strong focus on service using these surveys and scores. Somehow, your dealer is in a different league, but I would not hesitate and give PCNA a call and say why PCNA service standards do not apply to your dealership. This will not likely change thins short term because they most likely need chief service manager and more techs, but you need to have your voice heard. My action would be as others pointed out is to find a different dealership to service your Taycan since these are not frequent. However, to solve all your issues, you would have to commit to taking care of them all at once at a credible dealership and wait whatever it takes to get out of this loop.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
It can happen

Don't want to repeat my story, that I already posted somewhere in this forum, but I ended ordering my car at a dealer, over 400km away from my home, because my local dealer apparently isn't slightly interested in selling me a car. 3 months after my initial contact, the local dealer hasn't managed to arrange a test drive yet.

Experiences can vary wildly between dealerships.

I initially thought it was just me but I checked online reviews of the dealership and to my complete dismay, I found a review of a fellow enthusiast that reported a story very similar to mine which ended with him going to the same 400km distant dealership. I found it hilarious.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
All these stories make me feel so fortunate that the dealership I'm purchasing from, 10 minutes from my house, has the best Porsche service reputation in the state. My SA has been selling Porsche for 22 years and is a true professional and enthusiast of the brand. I really hope my experience doesn't change upon delivery...

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
wow, thanks for this post. I bought my car from this dealer 2 months ago.

Already have a couple of minor things I wanted them to take a look at that I’ve noticed since delivery…

That’s unfortunate that they are not responsive…

I am curious to know which dealer you find to be best in this area as I also live in the Massachusetts market…

Let me/us know!

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Herb Chambers dealerships are notorious for bad service. Great for sales as you'll usually get the best price but they're all about volume and after-sale service is poor.

Unfortunately there's not a lot of options in MA. Herb Chambers controls that area with shops in Burlington and Boston.

Further south there's Norwell and Westwood Porsche. I don't have any experience with them.

In So. NH there's Stratham Porsche. They suck. They massively overcharge for service and booking times are at least a month out. Your car will sit there for days too.

I've heard good things about Nashua Porsche but never tried them.

Deleted member 6348

My dealer records videos and sends them to me for every service. Porsche service is a highlight of my ownership experience..
Sponsored