Is it odd for shop foreman to take my car home?

blulite

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Where are you located in Florida? What dealer? That sounds NOT SO GOOD.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
My 22 Taycan has had a few issues so it’s in the shop. Just located my car on the app and it’s at the guys house. Is that normal….
Absolutely not normal - I would be complaining to Porsche HQ and not using that dealership again.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Absolutely not unless they told you about it previously.

Screenshot the location, make a complaint with the service agent.

Reactions: B61

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
Similar to what others have mentioned, I've had a shop do that with one of my cars after many parts had been replaced. It can serve as an extended test drive to make sure everything works as expected.

But I can understand it seeming strange and they probably should have given you a heads up.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's not an unusual thing for them to do but that doesn't mean it's appropriate.

Was this during working hours or later? If it was during working hours you don't really have a complaint, if it was after hours and it sat parked at some guy's house it's a problem.

Your car should be parked in a camera secured lot or garage overnight. So if the tech had that it's fine but if it sat in a driveway or on the street it's a real no no.

OP
OP

Goldent

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
It's not an unusual thing for them to do but that doesn't mean it's appropriate.

Was this during working hours or later? If it was during working hours you don't really have a complaint, if it was after hours and it sat parked at some guy's house it's a problem.

Your car should be parked in a camera secured lot or garage overnight. So if the tech had that it's fine.
Well that’s the thing, parked at their house overnight, not at the dealer, and with no notice

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well that’s the thing, parked at their house overnight, not at the dealer, and with no notice
I'd certainly bring it up, ask why they felt the need to have your car parked off premises overnight and what security it had. That should get you some answers.

It's one of those things where maybe the tech is awesome and was taking great care of your car.. but it's not someone you know and not a super professional way of doing things.

Reactions: B61

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 22 Taycan has had a few issues so it’s in the shop. Just located my car on the app and it’s at the guys house. Is that normal….
No. This is patently un-normal and absurd. I would absolutely put the offending party on notice as to this transgression.

Muu

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can see why they'd done it, but personally wouldn't be comfortable with it especially with no notice.
Sponsored