Is it possible for 3 Kids in the back seat (2 car seats + 1 booster)

OP
OP
andre-s

andre-s

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
My 9 year old is at cross-country so my wife filled in. You can see my 12 year old son in the middle is tight in the shoulder area. Leg room not an issue. Like I've said, they have put up with driving around town, but a long road trip would be too much.

As bsclywilly recommended, the Diono car seats are great and really narrow. We did have my daughter in a booster until recently, and it was fine.

IMG_4185.jpeg

IMG_4187.jpeg

Thank you for the photo!! Beautiful family =)
This got me thinking I might be able to get it going... my 7yr son is very small, so maybe I can make it work around!

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
I have three kids, 4, 9, and 12. They fit but it’s tight. No problem for driving around town, but a several hour road trip would be too much.
Same here, 4, 10, 12 - one car seat. Wouldn't go on a long road trip, but fine for around town.

Crazycanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911, Cayenne Turbo SE, McLaren GT
Country flag
I have 3 kids and they fit fine. 8, 6, 3.

We drive back and forth from Seattle to Chelan (~150 miles one way) during the summer between homes. One car seat, one booster, and padding in middle seat. 8 year old sits middle seat and is tall enough with padding for seat belt to fit.

it’s not as comfy for them as wife’s cayenne or previous xc90 (integrated booster!). But it does the job if we want to avoid burning a tank of gas.

To be honest, bigger issue is loading and unloading due to how low the car is.

WoKe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC40 P8 & Taycan CT4S
Country flag
I test fitted my offspring before ordering my CT4S ?
11, 10 & 7 and they fit comfortably.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Has someone tried to fit a car seat in the middle seat and a car seat in one of the proper seats? Like a maxi cosi rodifix in the middle and a graco or a britax in one of the proper seats? I want to see if I can fit one adult + 2 small ( ages 5 & 3 ) children in the back.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Has someone tried to fit a car seat in the middle seat and a car seat in one of the proper seats? Like a maxi cosi rodifix in the middle and a graco or a britax in one of the proper seats? I want to see if I can fit one adult + 2 small ( ages 5 & 3 ) children in the back.
You can probably find a car seat and booster pairing that will leave room for an adult in the rear. Check out this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/car-seats-for-8-year-old-and-6-year-old.3740/

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Thanks. My 5 year old is ready for a booster yet, so I still need the full seat. I'll bring a couple of seats to the dealership and see if I can get it to fit.

dwaltchack

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, ordered TCT Turbo
Country flag
lo
My 9 year old is at cross-country so my wife filled in. You can see my 12 year old son in the middle is tight in the shoulder area. Leg room not an issue. Like I've said, they have put up with driving around town, but a long road trip would be too much.

As bsclywilly recommended, the Diono car seats are great and really narrow. We did have my daughter in a booster until recently, and it was fine.

IMG_4185.jpeg

IMG_4187.jpeg
lovely family!