Is it possilbe to order the 20" Sport Aero wheels on a CT?

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I have always been partial to these wheel although the configurator shows they are only available on the Taycan but not the CT. Is it possible to order them on the CT? Also, any thoughts on how it would look are welcome.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I have always been partial to these wheel although the configurator shows they are only available on the Taycan but not the CT. Is it possible to order them on the CT? Also, any thoughts on how it would look are welcome.
bump. Would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
I'd ask the dealer since the configurator does not show them as available.

Max Attack

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4
Country flag
Found this photo from Ukraine, showing that at least it has been done before.

OP
OP

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
Found this photo from Ukraine, showing that at least it has been done before.

Impressive internet sleuthing. Much appreciated. I am considering trying to special ordering those on a CT in Dolomite Silver.

Max Attack

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4
Country flag
I'll be needing a winter set up here in a few months. My car is due to arrive in a few weeks, and these wheels would fit my bill quite well.

Seems that nobody made proper winter tyres for the rear axle in 19" last year, sizes for the next winter have not yet all been confirmed. So I might be in need of a 20" set - if this is still the case in a couple of months, I will be asking the dealer for these 20" Sport Aeros.

And by proper winter tyres - for Nordics, the mud+snow or all-season sets popular in central Europe are considered not good enough for daily drives. I'm talking about models like Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3, Continental Viking Contact 7 or Michelin X-Ice Snow.

juuso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
And by proper winter tyres - for Nordics, the mud+snow or all-season sets popular in central Europe are considered not good enough for daily drives. I'm talking about models like Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3, Continental Viking Contact 7 or Michelin X-Ice Snow.
Maybe hijacking the thread a bit here but I have to comment on this. I got Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4s for my RWD 991 last winter and I was shocked at how well they did, to the point of feeling a bit like a victim of indoctrination. Granted, it wasn't an icy winter in Helsinki, but snowy it certainly was. Of course the Taycan is a much heavier car so it may be all different. I'm still on the fence on what to do with mine next winter. The wife will drive it regularly and is kinda insistent on Nordic tires. But I also worry that the super soft rubber compound under such a heavy car will just disappear in no time, especially if roads are mostly clear of snow like they usually are for much of the winter.

Max Attack

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4
Country flag
Here is my own CT4, delivered today. I had no problem ordering these wheels to a winter tyre set for a CT from a Porsche dealer here in Helsinki, albeit I did see a "not officially supported" text somewhere in the e-mails regarding the matter. Car was delivered to me with the winter set as agreed with the dealership, since the factory summer wheels (19" OEMs) are off to a paint shop for a risky mod.

Porsche Taycan Is it possilbe to order the 20" Sport Aero wheels on a CT? prsc_2.JPG

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Do these work with PCCB? I too am thinking of getting a set of these for winter tires on a Turbo S CT. These sport aero wheels look good while being reasonably economical. I'm assuming yes since you can spec these as winter tires on the standard sedan Turbo S.

Porsche Taycan Is it possilbe to order the 20" Sport Aero wheels on a CT? 1663369887676

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Here in the UK they are listed in Porsche techquipment with winter tyres. I have not decided on which wheel for my winter tyres yet, these were my original choice. Generally I am not keen on black wheels with metal machining highlights but the 20" CT wheel which I like best of the 20" wheels is not listed for winter tyres :(
Sponsored