Is LSD standard even if you don't get PTV+?

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
According to this the 2-speed transmission is a transaxle with an integrated limited slip differential. Would there really be two versions depending on whether you get PTV+ or not or do you always get the LSD? I tried to find a parts catalog for the Taycan but no luck.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have wondered about this and I'm not sure. The article you linked was looking only at the Turbo & Turbo S which have PTV+ as standard.

The base version of the 911 does not have a LSD unless you spec PTV+ on a C4. Given that and the wording of PTV+ on the configurator, my guess is that the 4S does not have a true LSD without the option.

Instead the PSM controls some operations that mimic LSD behavior, such as braking to individual wheels, but not things such as torque to individual wheels.

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I finally found an online parts catalog for the Taycan. Unfortunately, there are two different part numbers for the entire motor/transaxle assembly on a 4S, one with LSD and one without. I can't believe that Porsche would go through that trouble instead of just including LSD on all of them!

The part numbers are 9J1901153B vs. C. Here is the link: https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/gen...2_w9LQAAAAAFX7N4s$&vid=0&cid=1&uid=6417339&q=

Has anyone had any luck coding out the brake torque vectoring on any Porsche models? I hate how it wears out the rear brakes but I still want an LSD.
Sponsored