MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
Delivery 22nd December and 3,000 miles in I’m starting to worry.

Don’t get me wrong, my car (Turbo S) never fails to impress me when I hop inside to drive even short distances but I have niggles.

Squeaking seat - ok I’ve not taken it in yet but this really p**ses me off.
- Infotainment - glitches and slow at times and generally not up to the slick standard I’m used to with BMW idrive.
- Charging - while generally OK, it’s still a faff at every location except InstaVolt.
- Boot space - terrible ?
- Seemingly lack of key memory for seating positions etc.

I’ve also picked up a nasty knock which looks like someone dropped something on the top of a rear door. People don’t respect and in fact the Porsches ?

Talk me out of this mood please!
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Squeaking seat should be an easy dealer fix. Key memory should work fine, check w the dealership to get it set up correctly.

Infotainment, boot space, charging are all fine for what the car is and shouldn't be a surprise to you.

Stop worrying about a computer screen and enjoy driving a kickass car.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Delivery 22nd December and 3,000 miles in I’m starting to worry.

Don’t get me wrong, my car (Turbo S) never fails to impress me when I hop inside to drive even short distances but I have niggles.

- Infotainment - glitches and slow at times and generally not up to the slick standard I’m used to with BMW idrive.
- Charging - while generally OK, it’s still a faff at every location except InstaVolt.
- Boot space - terrible ?
- Seemingly lack of key memory for seating positions etc.

I’ve also picked up a nasty knock which looks like someone dropped something on the top of a rear door. People don’t respect and in fact the Porsches ?

Niggles, faff, boot space, nasty knock???

Not sure what your saying here, where did you learn how to speak English??? ?

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag

I’m sorry you’re having issues! I’ve noticed that SOME people hate anyone that drive nice cars. If I’m parking out by myself in a parking lot, a lifted truck or a total POS will park right next to my car. People cut me off which didn’t happen before in any of my other cars. I get dirty looks, etc. same things happened when I had my Panamera.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Owner of this post is probably regretting he complained at this point. I have to agree with the others. The complaints seem minor and don't speak to the driving experience. The OP needs to drive it more.

Its too early to disposition the car as a lemon. And since the car is under warranty, minor repairs will be covered. Seems patience is needed.

Of all problems noted I'd be most upset over the damage, which of course is not the manufacturer's fault.

Oh how the British do like to complain! My parents are both British so I am allowed to poke fun.

At this point the car is probably worth more than the cost, especially since so many are on the bottom of The Atlantic right now. So there may never be a better time to sell.

Let us know what you decide!

Reactions: B61

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I agree with the others. Patience is key. Take it in and see if you can get the issue resolved.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Niggles, faff, boot space, nasty knock???

Not sure what your saying here, where did you learn how to speak English??? ?
I constantly have to teach my US friends and colleagues how to speak the Queen’s English and educate them on English slang.

First time I said i was going to step outside and ”Smoke a fag” got an interesting response! It was quite a faff having to explain it :)

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I will give it a shot:
Your dealer should be able to fix this. I had a rattle from a broken headrest part, and it has been fixed perfectly. I note, however, parts and diagnosis can take a long time.
It is a new system, and there will inevitably be glitches. Remember iDrive was an abject disaster for about five years running. At least Porsche doesn’t seem inclined to charge us for access to CarPlay like BMW. :p
Charging - while generally OK, it’s still a faff at every location except InstaVolt.
This would be a problem with BMW‘s EV as well. Like the infotainment, this is a new thing. It will eventually get sorted out. I would just note that during this painful time, these services are often free. I have every confidence that in the long run none of them will be. (Including Tesla’s)
Boot space - terrible ?
This is very car specific. Boot space is totally consistent with the kind of car we’re getting here. You could always get a CT or ST.
Seemingly lack of key memory for seating positions etc.
This one is weird for me, since I have not tested it nor can I speak to it. My wife won’t drive my car. :CWL:

As for the knock, that is also not car specific.

All told, you could drive the best EV or the best sports car, and today you get to do both. Enjoy!

OP
OP
MarkG_M5

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
Interesting view on my ‘complaints’ people ?

This car cost £150k ($200k) so it should be right. This isn’t some thrown together truck or economy level saloon (sedan). It’s the pinnacle of modern technology from one of the greatest manufacturing groups in the world.

I don’t disagree with the new-tech element resulting in glitches but it’s a still poor form; if that happened in my business (healthcare products) people would die and I’ll tell you, we spend a whole lot less on R&D and most products cost less in the end. Not one of them has glitches. It’s all about attention to detail.

I think it’s about what we’re prepared to accept. If you’re used to a hard plastic dash of the attempts of refinement in truck or similar then anything beyond that is spectacular. If you’ve lived in multiple German build cars that just perform - and when they go wrong it’s mechanical because they’re performance cars (which is just fine by me), then expectations are higher.

And yes, the Taycan drives amazingly; it’s a Porsche. But it’s not at GT3 RS, a GT3 or even a GT4 model which will grind and squeak -
It’s a full blown luxury car as well as a ‘sports’ car.

Don’t get me wrong, I still really do like and appreciate the car and I’m actually not complaining. I’m just discussing niggles because that’s what a forum is for. If I keep the car I’m more than happy to work through the issues; they just shouldn’t be there in the first place.

And no, I don’t regret my post. I didn’t have these quality issues with my M5 so I don’t expect them with this.
Sponsored