Is Taycan Turbo S too much as a daily driver

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
Taycan turbo S from a dealer…
Somebody passed to Kronos and saw the previous car of @eh0601.
He received his new Cross Turismo Turbo S not long ago.
And yes the car is in very good condition as it was fully wrapped.
I wouldn’t think that the power will be a problem, the range might compared to a 4S.
But at least you will have it directly instead of waiting for months like us.
eh0601 ... I thought the same. ?
Sponsored

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Personal opinion, the throttle response of taycan is pretty linear, that makes it the "easiest" car to drive in the Turbo S range.

you can always just stick to "Range" or "Normal". As for passenger comfort... i believe i read a poster on here that survived 20+ times of banging his wife's head on the headrest. If he is still alive, you'd be fine ?

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Good question, I’ve got one on the way and I’ve only driven the base level Taycan lol… was wondering what I was in for.

Iben

First Name
Jean-Are
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (2020 mod.)
Country flag
I don't regret a minute buying the TTS for my daily driver.

You have the power available when/ if you need it

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
I don't have too much to add that hasn't already been said. I daily drive my TTS every day. I've never had a better daily driver. It can be what you make of it: cruise in normal mode or blow a Ferrari off of the line in Sport Plus. It's eminently controllable.

It's great to know that if the kids are dragging ass in the morning I can switch to Sport Plus, make the morning commute a little more spirited, and get them to school on time.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a highly optioned Turbo - only things missing vs. Turbo S are the extra power from launch control and the ceramic brakes, which I could have optioned but even having done a couple track days, the PSCBs with 21" wheels are massive and sufficient even for hard runs, though admittedly I did not seek the limits of braking.

Having driven a 4S loaner, I find it anemic when passing on the highway - but that's compared to the Turbo/Turbo S, and otherwise the 4S has plenty of power. The perfect linearity and response of acceleration vs. throttle inputs (common across the trim levels) is great.

But what is most amazing is the driveability of this platform as a daily driver or when driven hard - and that one platform can do both so equally well. I have the Sport Chrono package, my daily drive configuration is Sport Plus drive mode with Sport chassis, unless my disapproving wife is in the car then it's normal/normal. In normal mode, the car is incredibly civilized and reasonably compliant, especially for a car with this much capability there if/when you want it. I find Sport chassis with the low center of gravity preferable to normal chassis when handling turns (less body roll), Sport Plus chassis is certainly stiffer.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
There's no such thing as "enough power".
I daily drive my TTS and it's a civilized BEAST.
A very friendly beast I have to say too cuz it is what you want it to be.
Absolutely love it.
King of all cars but too elegant to have to prove itself...
It delivers it's power seemingly effortlessly, gracefully.
But sure, you can drive it slowly, sure.....sure...

PS If you are worried about depreciation you shouldn't be looking in this price range anyway...
I can only agree with Dee's comments. Best car ever and love the handling for such a heavy car. Regarding the power: there is never too much imho.

nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari California, RR sport, Evoque
Country flag
I am considering buying a highly optioned TTS 2020 at a price level that is a bit below my configuration for a similarly optioned 4s 2022.
Some are advising me that the TTS is too much to enjoy as a daily driver, not to say sickening.
I would love to hear from TTS owners or those who have driven the TTS for a certain period about their experience so far / usability as a daily driver.
I only did a short test drive with a TTS (few days with 4s).
I obviously do not need the extra power ; it is more about not taking the first day depreciation hit on a highly optioned 4s and being able to get a car sooner given the delivery delays.
i’ve had a turbo s for 7 months now. range is around 250 when 100% charged. options on the tts are way better than the others. car is amazing. my problem is what do i get next. at the moment nothing is even close!

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
I am considering buying a highly optioned TTS 2020 at a price level that is a bit below my configuration for a similarly optioned 4s 2022.
Some are advising me that the TTS is too much to enjoy as a daily driver, not to say sickening.
I would love to hear from TTS owners or those who have driven the TTS for a certain period about their experience so far / usability as a daily driver.
I obviously do not need the extra power ; it is more about not taking the first day depreciation hit on a highly optioned 4s and being able to get a car sooner given the delivery delays.
Is it too much? NO!
I have a Turbo S as my daily drive. Is perfect. I have the power when I need it and is sedate when I don't.
I hate the electronics, is like a Russian roulette to see what will not work every day, but as a car I love it! Get it.

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
The beauty of the Turbo S--in 911 or Taycan form--is that they are the ultimate daily driver which transforms in a wink to a full on race track performer. No other cars Iyou are likely to encounter do that so effortlessly and elegantly. A low mileage car barely broken in --and your example certainly qualifies in Porsche's world--is a far better buy that new 4S. The 911 is my wife's daily driver and the Taycan has replaced a Tesla Model S in dramatic fashion. It becomes your choice how to use it. Cruise a city street or eat a canyon roads, the capabilities of the Turbo S models elevate your driving experience beyond anything else you have imagined.

And all the while you have a sense of owning the best, not a small benefit when you could have defaulted to
a new 4S and be driving a beautifully engineered compromise. Reach up and get that TTS.

Porsche Taycan Is Taycan Turbo S too much as a daily driver Taycan 2 copy

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I don't regret a minute buying the TTS for my daily driver.

You have the power available when/ if you need it
Have you ever needed it? :cool:

I had a couple of moments, where I needed power and got none due to emergency breaking assist. :facepalm:

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Have you ever needed it? :cool:

I had a couple of moments, where I needed power and got none due to emergency breaking assist. :facepalm:
were you trying to plow through someone in front of you that cut you off?
Sponsored