Is Taycan Turbo S too much as a daily driver

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Have you ever needed it? :cool:

I had a couple of moments, where I needed power and got none due to emergency breaking assist. :facepalm:
please elaborate
Sponsored

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Dont get me wrong, I’d get the Turbo S if my fairy godmother was paying but it’s a heck of a lot of money to switch on some extra power on what’s already a quick car

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
were you trying to plow through someone in front of you that cut you off?
please elaborate
1. Cut in between two trucks
2. Overtake pedestrians in very slow speed

I know it's great for all these drivers who are on the phone all the time, but I wish I could rip this stupid assist out of my car.

Last edited:

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
outside of launch control (which is not 'daily driving'), it is really 4s vs. Turbo as the TurboS has nothing else beyond this initial 2-4seconds of boost.

So, when you think of it this way, no it is not 'too much'. However, if you are thinking along these lines, than the 4s is already more than what one 'needs' for a daily driver.

This type of thinking really only belongs on a Nissan Leaf forum. This is a Porsche Taycan forum, after all and I would assume that more power being a good-thing, is welcome by all. Heck, I am sure that many would purchase an ECU upgrade if one was available for the car.

It is sort of like asking "Is wagyu too much for everyday BBQ" on a BBQ forum.....the answer would be 'no', if you can get the best everyday, why settle for anything short of this?

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
and what happened? why weren't you able to get all the power that was available?
The Taycan delivered all the power it got but it was necessary with all these porsches and other fast cars on the track.:) Electric consumption was 20% for 20km

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
The Taycan delivered alll the power it got but it was necessary with all these porsches and other fast cars on the track.:) Electric consumption was 20% for 20km
there must be a language barrier here.
Sponsored