Is The Optional $1850 Head-Up Display Worth It On The Porsche Taycan?! What Features Does It Add?! - Pcarwhisperer

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My wife's e-Tron is the first car I've ever owned with a HUD (it was included in the Prestige package)and I find it more useful than I thought I would.

That said, IMO it isn't $1850 worth of usefulness and it pretty much disappears when wearing polarized sunglasses. I passed on the HUD when ordering my Taycan.
Thanks Mike. And the look of the dash is okay even without the "hood" on top? It still looks okay?
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Thanks Mike. And the look of the dash is okay even without the "hood" on top? It still looks okay?
I think it looks ok, looks more like all the other cars. And when you're driving you don't see it.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I haven't seen a Taycan dash with the HUD so I can't compare but IMO the dash without HUD looks fine. These aren't great pics but they should give you some idea of what it looks like. BTW, I have the full leather interior so there is leather treatment on my dash top.

Porsche Taycan Is The Optional $1850 Head-Up Display Worth It On The Porsche Taycan?! What Features Does It Add?! - Pcarwhisperer dash 1

Porsche Taycan Is The Optional $1850 Head-Up Display Worth It On The Porsche Taycan?! What Features Does It Add?! - Pcarwhisperer dash 2

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I haven't seen a Taycan dash with the HUD so I can't compare but IMO the dash without HUD looks fine. These aren't great pics but they should give you some idea of what it looks like. BTW, I have the full leather interior so there is leather treatment on my dash top.

dash 1.jpg

dash 2.jpg
Thanks! I think pics look great. Actually I like how it looks in your shots....without the HUD. A bit more modern