Is there a way to turn off the HUD quickly?

Mikegrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sl550, corvette c7
Country flag
My car came with the HUD. Mostly I like it , though I wish it could be placed a little lower.
Sometimes at night, it's just too bright on a dark road. I would really like a fast way to turn it off and on, without rotating the wheel, choosing the hud scrolling and then turn it off, etc.
Is there a quick way to turn it off?
Sponsored

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
I have my toggle set to the diamond button on the steering wheel.

Jraeven

First Name
Joop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo (cab), Cayenne S, AMG GT-C, Audi R8
Country flag
sure very easy. you have two ◊-buttons one on the steering wheel and one on the instrument cluster (right side buttom section A). These buttons can be freely progammed.
I have used the steering one for turning one the front camera and the other one for the HUD.
Porsche Taycan Is there a way to turn off the HUD quickly? Schermafbeelding 2022-08-09 om 06.30.16

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My car came with the HUD. Mostly I like it , though I wish it could be placed a little lower.
Sometimes at night, it's just too bright on a dark road. I would really like a fast way to turn it off and on, without rotating the wheel, choosing the hud scrolling and then turn it off, etc.
Is there a quick way to turn it off?
Can't you adjust the height, brightness and content from the PCM?

OP
OP

Mikegrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, I didn’t realize you could use the diamond buttons. I’ll set it up today. Simple answer.
I have one as front camera and the other as ionize. I’m not even sure what ionize does or how to know when it’s on. I don’t see an icon come up, when I press it on any screen.
thanks!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Ip
Ok, I didn’t realize you could use the diamond buttons. I’ll set it up today. Simple answer.
I have one as front camera and the other as ionize. I’m not even sure what ionize does or how to know when it’s on. I don’t see an icon come up, when I press it on any screen.
thanks!
Ioniser when on displays an icon of a face with a spray in the same area of the screen where you see your LTE connection etc.

Porsche Taycan Is there a way to turn off the HUD quickly? Screenshot_20220809-153700_Porsche Good to know

OP
OP

Mikegrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can’t make it go all the way down to the bottom of the windscreen. So it’s always in the middle of your view.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
You can’t make it go all the way down to the bottom of the windscreen. So it’s always in the middle of your view.
Can’t speak to your height/seating position/metrics but my HUD is most definitely positioned in the lower third of my view and does not interfere with my view of the road in any way.
Sponsored