Is there any reason for another charger?

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
My Taycan is arriving in six weeks of so and will come with the Mobile Charger Plus.

Any reason to buy another charger? Are people keeping these charges in their cars and using an installed charger at home?

I should add that we will also have a home charger (BP Chargemaster) installed as part of the package with our Mercedes.
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
My Taycan is arriving in six weeks of so and will come with the Mobile Charger Plus.

Any reason to buy another charger? Are people keeping these charges in their cars and using an installed charger at home?

I should add that we will also have a home charger (BP Chargemaster) installed as part of the package with our Mercedes.
either will charge the car, I do not know the spec of your chargemaster but it could be that the porsche evse will charge at a higher/ faster rate.
there is no need for another additional charger

OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
either will charge the car, I do not know the spec of your chargemaster but it could be that the porsche evse will charge at a higher/ faster rate.
there is no need for another additional charger
Thank you.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

What kW charge are you getting from your BP Chargemaster? If 7.4kW then continue to use that or swap out with your Porsche one. No need to source another.

If not then get a dedicated 32A supply from your fuse box to get a dedicated 7.4kW and attach your Porsche charger.

Sorted!

Vertical

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, many other P-cars
Country flag
I went with a Chargepoint Home at the house and keep the OEM charger in the car with a 110 plug on it as a last resort backup. The CP is a little smaller, has a much longer cord and charges just as fast.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
The only reason you would need another one is so you could potentially buy my unused PMCC. :)

OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The only reason you would need another one is so you could potentially buy my unused PMCC. :)
Sadly, I suspect me putting (UK) 240V through it might not be such a good idea ?

OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What kW charge are you getting from your BP Chargemaster? If 7.4kW then continue to use that or swap out with your Porsche one. No need to source another.

If not then get a dedicated 32A supply from your fuse box to get a dedicated 7.4kW and attach your Porsche charger.

Sorted!
Up until last week it was going to be 3 phase, so I would have been able to get 9.6 or 11.2kW from one of the OEM chargers. UK Power Networks have put that to bed by quoting over £6k to pick up the 3 phase cable which runs one metre from my garage!

I will have my electrician install a dedicated 32A socket so I will be able to get 7.4kW.

Out hope was that by going 3 phase we wouldn’t have to worry about capacity when charging both cars at one. Our 100Amp single phase will have to do, which means we will require some sort of charge controllers.
Sponsored