Is there going to be a new Taycan?

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
If you want an electric sedan, get the Taycan.

If you want a petrol-powered sedan, then get the Panamera.
Exactly. If you want an electric car, you only have one choice; the Taycan. If you want an ICE car, you only have one choice; the Panamera.

Yet you think people are making decisions based on bits of chrome?

The point you make doesn't add any value to the discussion.
I'm absolutely responding to your post and continuing the discussion. The fact that you can't handle a difference of opinion reflects badly on you.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't think they will ever make a Panamera EV. Because Taycan IS the Panamera EV.

Sure Panamera has more bling with more chrome bits inside and out, but I cannot say it's more luxurious than a Taycan.

In fact, I think they left out the aluminum/chrome bits in Taycan just to prevent it from cannibalizing Panamera sales. If Taycan had the same bling bling interior as the Panamera, then no one would have bought a Panamera after Taycan's launch.
I've owned the current model Panamera and know first hand that it is more luxurious and not more 'bling bling'.

I believe CEO of Porsche also recently mooted an EV version so I'm tempted to say 'never say never'.

A new VW platform will be built to support Cayenne, Toureg, Bentayga, Urus, Q8, A8 and Panamera (presumably also the larger new SUV just announced by Porsche) specifically for EV adoption.