Is This The Most Beautiful Electric Vehicle Charging Point Ever? - EV Charging Installation - Artisan Electrics

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
First I start this thread with what I found to be a very educational video where The installer talks about the kind of wire that would be optimal having five conduit if you want to support three phase and having an ethernet carrier as well to handle data when Wi-Fi is not solid or you wish to get load information. He also speaks about taping up the end of the wire when it’s not going to be used for sometime to prevent water intrusion.

But certainly the Anderson Chargers are gorgeous when esthetics matter.

Is This The Most Beautiful Electric Vehicle Charging Point Ever? - EV Charging Installation
Artisan Electrics
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Andersen chargers are beautiful. Anyone know if they're available in the US?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Andersen chargers are beautiful. Anyone know if they're available in the US?
I have a PMCC but used Andersen's to install my supply - first class technician. I would have selected this unit but as I got my PMCC for free at the time the economics were in my favour.

Don't think these are available in US and are manufactured in UK - try their online chat for more info - recommended by Porsche UK.

Andersen EV

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
As someone who installs electrical outlets and associated devices, I found the effort required by the electrician in this video to be amazingly high. While the box itself is beautiful, it seems that the installation procedure could have been much simplified if the Anderson folks had taken the time to consider how to simplify the electrical connection within the box. This shouldn't be so complicated.