r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I drove my dealer's Taycan Turbo S yesterday. Some love there.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I think us buying the first cars probably have more information than the dealerships because we have been doing the research. That’s been the case with the Porsche centre I have ordered with. Let’s all hope things get better. . . .

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
I think us buying the first cars probably have more information than the dealerships because we have been doing the research. That’s been the case with the Porsche centre I have ordered with. Let’s all hope things get better. . . .

I asked my local dealer (in Santa Clara, CA) if there would be a launch party/event. He said yes in March or April, but did not clarify if it would be for that dealership only (doubtful) or the Porsche Center in Los Angeles (probable).

I have placed my order for an April 1st start date. I have not received one email from the dealership nor Porsche directly about anything. I see some folks have received paperweights or other trinkets, but I get the feeling that's your local dealership showing you the love. Question for anybody who has received anything other than a receipt for your deposit....is this your first Porsche with that dealer?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I asked my local dealer (in Santa Clara, CA) if there would be a launch party/event. He said yes in March or April, but did not clarify if it would be for that dealership only (doubtful) or the Porsche Center in Los Angeles (probable).

Question for anybody who has received anything other than a receipt for your deposit....is this your first Porsche with that dealer?
The important thing is that the dealer has your address when they took the order and entered it into the system.
I had reservations at two different dealers, one had my address, one didn't since I just did some form over the web. I only got one set of trinkets.

Also, the Stevens Creek dealer did have a launch party for the new 911 in December (i think) so I guess the launch party they mentioned is local.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
My Atlanta dealer finally called to say they had a black turbo. I drove to the dealer and the Taycan was nowhere to be seen. I counted 15 black Macans in the front lot and a few black and white Panameras and Carreras. Almost NO colors on any vehicles! Went by a second time yesterday and saw the Taycan charging, parked next to a Panamera (see photos). Scheduled a test drive, as I had no time yesterday

tacyanmo

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT S-Line, Soon Porsche Taycan 4S with Performance Battery Plus
Country flag
Hi All,

I have a feeling I am being mugged by Porsche Cardiff in the UK.

First of all, I initially cancelled my Taycan only to find 2 months later that I was not cancelled but merely just taken off my build slot. I asked to have a new build slot as I already had the same credit line with Porsche finance. They promised they would get back to me within 2 days to process my refund but from December to February I heard nothing. When I wanted a new build slot, they did everything within the same day of request.

Second of all, I was promised a Porsche Experience Center trip for me and a plus one. It has turned out that I have not been given that and when asked if I'll get anything, they said there will be a launch event at the center and that they are hoping to get a demonstrator at the start of April to the center. He did not answer the question on the Porsche Experience Center at Silverstone nor did he say if we could take out the car for a spin.

Thirdly, he said he would be proactive in telling me the dates of my build slot if it gets moved. I had to chase him up to find that my build slot was moved back by three weeks. I mentioned the lack of proactiveness and I got no apology and in fact that was not even addressed!

Finally I have asked about the charging pricing again, he said, and I quote directly from the email, "We haven’t received pricing for charging as of yet but I’m sure we will have the price guide once the first Taycan’s arrive at the Centres". The pricing structure has been up for a while here in the UK and the full pricing list here as a pdf. We have known this information in the forums for a while and yet my dealer is not aware of it at all!

I fell like I'm being mugged and treated like a waste man. Honestly disappointed and I don't feel any good customer service, let alone what I expected from buying a six figure sports car. Porsche customer experience here in Cardiff UK is terrible and I just don't know what my options are other than cancelling and forgetting about Porsche entirely and just going with a Tesla or an non-Porsche ICE vehicle.

Has anyone here been this dissappointed with Porsche before? I might create a thread about this to ask from UK owners as I see people who bought from Canada and America quite happy with the service and treatement they are getting.

Edit: here is the specification I have ordered. It is a Taycan 4S with a bucket load of extras: http://www.porsche-code.com/PL3ZA257

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Hi All,

First of all, I initially cancelled my Taycan only to find 2 months later that I was not cancelled but merely just taken off my build slot. I asked to have a new build slot as I already had the same credit line with Porsche finance. They promised they would get back to me within 2 days to process my refund but from December to February I heard nothing. When I wanted a new build slot, they did everything within the same day of request.

Second of all, I was promised a Porsche Experience Center trip for me and a plus one. It has turned out that I have not been given that and when asked if I'll get anything, they said there will be a launch event at the center and that they are hoping to get a demonstrator at the start of April to the center. He did not answer the question on the Porsche Experience Center at Silverstone nor did he say if we could take out the car for a spin.

Thirdly, he said he would be proactive in telling me the dates of my build slot if it gets moved. I had to chase him up to find that my build slot was moved back by three weeks. I mentioned the lack of proactiveness and I got no apology and in fact that was not even addressed!

Finally I have asked about the charging pricing again, he said, and I quote directly from the email, "We haven’t received pricing for charging as of yet but I’m sure we will have the price guide once the first Taycan’s arrive at the Centres". The pricing structure has been up for a while here in the UK and the full pricing list here as a pdf. We have known this information in the forums for a while and yet my dealer is not aware of it at all!

I fell like I'm being mugged and treated like a waste man. Honestly disappointed and I don't feel any good customer service, let alone what I expected from buying a six figure sports car. Porsche customer experience here in Cardiff UK is terrible and I just don't know what my options are other than cancelling and forgetting about Porsche entirely and just going with a Tesla or an non-Porsche ICE vehicle.

Has anyone here been this dissappointed with Porsche before? I might create a thread about this to ask from UK owners as I see people who bought from Canada and America quite happy with the service and treatement they are getting.

Edit: here is the specification I have ordered. It is a Taycan 4S with a bucket load of extras: http://www.porsche-code.com/PL3ZA257
Well this is quite upsetting. Perhaps you should take it up with the manager in charge of that showroom. He's about to lose business...and that is 100% preventable.

tacyanmo

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well this is quite upsetting. Perhaps you should take it up with the manager in charge of that showroom. He's about to lose business...and that is 100% preventable.
I was thinking of contacting Porsche customer services and see if I can use my allocation but deal with a different center. The UK isn't big and the other center is an extra hour away. What are people's thoughts on that?

P.S. The manager himself was the one that promised to contact me about the refund and he was the one that fobbed me off.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I was thinking of contacting Porsche customer services and see if I can use my allocation but deal with a different center. The UK isn't big and the other center is an extra hour away. What are people's thoughts on that?

P.S. The manager himself was the one that promised to contact me about the refund and he was the one that fobbed me off.
Yeah I would do that. You’ve lost confidence with that dealer.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Hi All,

I understand and also had issues, but I think the main reason is Porsche is not letting the centres in the UK have information. The launch dates are from the end of March and that’s when the first cars will be in the UK. I think these first cars will be doing the rounds at all centres in the country. So it will be difficult, if not impossible, to get a test drive unt later in April. I would also suspect this will be when a vehicle is available at Silverstone.

I contacted Silverstone regarding An experience day - as I’ve always had with previous new Porsches - and they told me my order was in the system and I would be contacted when a vehicle was available. Just be patient. It will be worth it.

It’s is a completely new car and we will be the testers. . . . .

tacyanmo

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I understand and also had issues, but I think the main reason is Porsche is not letting the centres in the UK have information. The launch dates are from the end of March and that’s when the first cars will be in the UK. I think these first cars will be doing the rounds at all centres in the country. So it will be difficult, if not impossible, to get a test drive unt later in April. I would also suspect this will be when a vehicle is available at Silverstone.

I contacted Silverstone regarding An experience day - as I’ve always had with previous new Porsches - and they told me my order was in the system and I would be contacted when a vehicle was available. Just be patient. It will be worth it.

It’s is a completely new car and we will be the testers. . . . .
I understand that this is a new car and we are testers and I am not annoyed at all about delays and lack of information. I'm just annoyed that cheap sales tactics were used on me, a back-peddling on promises, a clueless sales rep who has been to test the Taycan out in Spain, drive it around the tracks, and did a full week of educational course on the vehicle. I am not buying a popular car from a busy dealer using junior sales reps, I'm buying from Porsche. That brand carried an expectation for me and I wish I haven't set that expectation high. So to answer the question of the thread "Is your dealer showing you the love?", the answer is no, far from it.

I apologise for ranting, but folks on this forum seem knowledgeable and more helpful than the dealer and has provided me the most information about the car.

P.S. everyone hear gave me good suggestions. I will be speaking to the dealer principal and failing that customer service tomorrow.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Pictures or it’s not true.
I have tested my Apple 11 PRO MAX in the Taycan and it fits with 1 inch marginal with cover on it.. And it charges with wireless Charging..
Sponsored