Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You might see a bit more information and promotional items from Porsche if they hadn't received over 20K pre-orders...
Sponsored

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
You might see a bit more information and promotional items from Porsche if they hadn't received over 20K pre-orders...
They’re going to show you plenty of love on the day they ask you for $4500. for slightly better speakers, and $5500 for a slightly more efficient heater and air-conditioning system, and $7500 for better looking wheels, And $3500 for a few carbon fiber trim pieces. Lol

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just got a call from my dealer. They are inviting deposit’s holders to Frankfurt on Sept 17 for the Taycan’s official presentation and the day after for the IAA.

Rotordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
7XPorsche’s, 3XGolf R/ GTI
Country flag
I couldn’t even get a hold of my dealer’s sales team! Aside from Taycan stuff! That’s a good way to lose loyal customers! Won’t mention which dealership.

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
My local dealership including my salesman knows nothing. As someone posted above we appear to know more about the Taycan than the dealerships.....

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
I´ve spoke today with a member of a certain Porsche Center in Portugal and this is what he told me! (Also posted on the Spy Pics thread)

- Every single Porsche Center in Portugal knows the final design, specs options and prices! If they know, i´m pretty sure dealers in the US and other big markets (way bigger than Portugal which with the exception of some 8/9 countries is pretty much everybody else (Porsche sold 738 cars in Portugal in 2018) So if your dealer says he doesnt know much it´s because he is lying (was told not to lie but to be ignorant)

- Since this "electric thing" is a huge thing for Porsche (it´s the start of a new era) Porsche have told dealers to basically ("shut up") and that the car mules have been way more protected than other cars in the past.

- The leak of the rear of the 992 last year greatly upset Porsche MAnagement and there was repercussions not only for the Porsche Center involved but also the person who took the photo (the person who took the photo was not the one who posted)

- As for the car he told me that it does indeed look a lot like a mission e with the big exeption being the side (because of the suicide door and the side skirts (i called them Land Rover side steps) and that some things were tonned down just a litle because if they didnt tonned down it would look odd. He told me it doesnt look like a Panamera, a baby Panamera or any other Porsche. It´s a Porsche but it has his own identity! Specs didnt confirmed me, asked about the interior and he refused to say anything more.

Another thing. There´s only 1 Porsche Centers in the World that is owned and operated by Porsche AG. Porsche Center Zuffenhausen. The rest is franchising. So when Porsche are testing their cars they stop the mules at Porsche Centers (from time to time (actually that´s the reason why the photo of the 992 was leaked). So, again, if your dealers says he doesnt know, he´s lying. Also, doesnt makes sense that the guys that are selling their cars would know information about the car information about the car 2/3 weeks before the day that the press and some guests at a golf tournament would also know.

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
There is probably differences between what an importer knows and a dealer. When asking a dealer they often refers to the Importer. E.g. the dealer didn't know about the launch on September 4th in Hamburg. The dealer is waiting on confirmation from the importer.

Reservation holders in Norway get almost every months newsletters from the importer Porsche Norway (Autozentrum Sport AS), which have given us new information along while waiting for the final launch.

I give you some examples of information provided in the newsletters:

Newsletter on January 24th provided Q&A's
Examples (Google translate):
Will the appearance of the final production car differ greatly from the Mission E concept car?
It will be very similar, only more suited to practical use, and that we had to optimize the aerodynamics. The car will e.g. Have conventional doors instead of hinged doors for safety reasons, and to get the lowest weight and ease of use.
Will Taycan come with a hitch?
No, Taycan is a sport sedan, and we know that the demand for towbar in this segment is low.
Winter package, what will be available?
Heated seats in both front and rear seats, heating in steering wheel and heat pump will be available as an option.

Newsletter on March 15th gave us following info after the reveal of the images of the black and blue taped mules
In the detailed pictures above you see a good wallpaper Taycan, where you can glimpse some of the design details in the car. The latest sketches of the production car; which gives an indication of how the design details hidden by the tape will be, you see in the link below.
How the serialized version of Porsche Taycan will be kept confidential for the time being. This is also supported by the images that were made available today during the presentation of the Porsche's Sustainability Report in Stuttgart. Nevertheless, the latest sketches by Taycan can give an indication that the modifications made from concept to serial production will continue to extend the lines as we know them from the concept model Mission E.

Newsletter on April 16th gave us some details after Stefan Weckbach visited Oslo
Dr. Stefan Weckbach, Vice President Model Line Taycan, confirmed during an interview in Oslo this week that Taycan will appear at the IAA Frankfurt Motor Show in September.
During the same interview, it is also confirmed that Taycan will be supplied with 4 + 1 seats, which emphasizes that Taycan will be a sports car adapted to an active lifestyle and families.
Based on a survey sent to randomly selected reservation holders, more than 70% respond that Taycan is most likely to be used for daily driving. As we know, we are Norwegians born with skis on their legs: therefore it is especially gratifying that today 4 + 1 seats are confirmed. This makes Taycan more flexible by allowing the seats to be lowered. Therefore, not only Taycan will be sporting in the design and driving characteristics, but also for everyday use.
"Customer experience is one of our strategic pillars in Porsche. Norway is the leading market for electric mobility, so getting here to listen and learn from those who know the expectations of our customers is essential for us," says Stefan Weckbach about the meeting with The electric car association and Norwegian reservation holders of Porsche Taycan.

"We return - Norway is a very important market for us," emphasizes Stefan Weckbach.

Newsletter on July 19th announced that the production version will be on display in Norway September 14th
It is pleased to announce that the final production edition of Porsche Taycan will be present during this year's Porsche Festival at Rudskogen Motorsenter on 14 September.

Due to the high number of reservations and the great commitment around Taycan here in Norway, we have been given this unique opportunity to show off the car the same week as it is presented at the IAA Frankfurt Motor Show. The Taycan exhibition will preferably be available for reservation holders of Porsche Taycan, but will also be open to others beyond the festival day. All reservation holders will have the opportunity to see the car during the festival.

As a reservation holder of Porsche Taycan, you will automatically receive tickets to the Porsche Festival 2019, which gives you access to the exclusive view of Taycan. Tickets will be sent by e-mail closer to the festival.

Rotordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I´ve spoke today with a member of a certain Porsche Center in Portugal and this is what he told me! (Also posted on the Spy Pics thread)

- Every single Porsche Center in Portugal knows the final design, specs options and prices! If they know, i´m pretty sure dealers in the US and other big markets (way bigger than Portugal which with the exception of some 8/9 countries is pretty much everybody else (Porsche sold 738 cars in Portugal in 2018) So if your dealer says he doesnt know much it´s because he is lying (was told not to lie but to be ignorant)

- Since this "electric thing" is a huge thing for Porsche (it´s the start of a new era) Porsche have told dealers to basically ("shut up") and that the car mules have been way more protected than other cars in the past.

- The leak of the rear of the 992 last year greatly upset Porsche MAnagement and there was repercussions not only for the Porsche Center involved but also the person who took the photo (the person who took the photo was not the one who posted)

- As for the car he told me that it does indeed look a lot like a mission e with the big exeption being the side (because of the suicide door and the side skirts (i called them Land Rover side steps) and that some things were tonned down just a litle because if they didnt tonned down it would look odd. He told me it doesnt look like a Panamera, a baby Panamera or any other Porsche. It´s a Porsche but it has his own identity! Specs didnt confirmed me, asked about the interior and he refused to say anything more.

Another thing. There´s only 1 Porsche Centers in the World that is owned and operated by Porsche AG. Porsche Center Zuffenhausen. The rest is franchising. So when Porsche are testing their cars they stop the mules at Porsche Centers (from time to time (actually that´s the reason why the photo of the 992 was leaked). So, again, if your dealers says he doesnt know, he´s lying. Also, doesnt makes sense that the guys that are selling their cars would know information about the car information about the car 2/3 weeks before the day that the press and some guests at a golf tournament would also know.
It’s interesting that your contact says the final version doesn’t look like a panamera! Wonder why the three reveals, presented a very panamera like machine? Other than the tech inside, the visuals did not reassure me...something in the back of my mind says to expect an upgraded electric panamera....not mission E! Just m,y own humble opinion.

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
He said that it doesnt look like a Panamera because he also heard things from customers that saw spy shots and and asked/said that if/if looked like a Panamera. The gentleman that i talked not only sell Porsche´s but he genuinely loves Porsche´s. You really have to love Porsche when you pay close to 300.000 euros to buy a 993 C2S and a 89 3.2 speedster when you have these cars for sale in your dealership (he´s one the stake holders) almost every a year. He could´ve take a ride but no! He bough for himself! As far as the 3 places reveal! You do realize that this is a start of new era for Porsche? And there´s a hell of an antecipation! Also, i´ve posted pics of a camouflage Taycan next to a Panamera some hours ago on the Spy Pics thread of this Forum. And by that photos If you think they are look-a-like! Man, I (Paulo) need new glasses, a couple of new eyes and even maybe LASIK!

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
He said that it doesnt look like a Panamera because he also heard things from customers that saw spy shots and and asked/said that if/if looked like a Panamera. The gentleman that i talked not only sell Porsche´s but he genuinely loves Porsche´s. You really have to love Porsche when you pay close to 300.000 euros to buy a 993 C2S and a 89 3.2 speedster when you have these cars for sale in your dealership (he´s one the stake holders) almost every a year. He could´ve take a ride but no! He bough for himself! As far as the 3 places reveal! You do realize that this is a start of new era for Porsche? And there´s a hell of an antecipation! Also, i´ve posted pics of a camouflage Taycan next to a Panamera some hours ago on the Spy Pics thread of this Forum. And by that photos If you think they are look-a-like! Man, I (Paulo) need new glasses, a couple of new eyes and even maybe LASIK!
Thanks for sharing, Paulo. Also, to consider both sides of the coin, I think for some, it easy to see the Panamera in the prototype, as our eyes are used to seeing that 4 door sedan since 2010. Therefore, one has a 4 door car to compare within the same brand. If the Panamera never existed, this comparison would not exist, it's human nature:) However, I hope all will be a moot point, when we see the final design and hopefully it will exceed all of our expectations!

Rotordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fair points. I too am a genuine porschephile. Owned several for the past 20 plus years. So I have very high expectations from them and also expect them to exceed those expectations! This EV thing is a new era in auto industry as well as society itself. Tesla started it. Porsche can not disappoint. They must stay true to their reputation.

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
By the way!!!

For those always worried with benchmarks and what´s the better brand!!!

Back in the early 2000´s Ferrari provided an Enzo to Porsche and Porsche provided a Carrera GT to Ferrari! (Pretty sure the same deal happened with the La Ferrari and the 918 Spyder!

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
What's funny to me, is that the same people that most likely love Porsche for their recognizable design language and heritage are mad that the Taycan is staying within their recognizable design language.

Rotordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What's funny to me, is that the same people that most likely love Porsche for their recognizable design language and heritage are mad that the Taycan is staying within their recognizable design language.
Respectfully disagree! The “design language” we’re using as a benchmark is the Mission E! We put deposits down based on seeing that, not the “mules”!

Reactions: Ron

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Respectfully disagree! The “design language” we’re using as a benchmark is the Mission E! We put deposits down based on seeing that, not the “mules”!
You put money down on something that was clearly labeled a concept car. The Taycan is not the Mission E. It's a production vehicle based off of the concept, but it is NOT the concept.
Sponsored