Is Your Dealer Showing You The Love?

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan Turbo
Country flag
They won’t be in NJ until next month. We expected them last week.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
My dealer today confirmed that the order has been placed for a January production. It says mid May delivery but he claims should be earlier. Hope so!

The dealer also said that because I am one of the first customers they offer:

"The basic installation package includes installation services and related materials provided by the
Service Providers to you for the Initial Home Charging Hardware. The Initial Home Charging Hardware
refers to the home charging hardware that the Porsche Center promises to offer as a part of the Porsche
E-vehicle to you when you buy an E-vehicle. The scope of the basic installation package includes but
not limited to one-time home check, general trepanning, one-time equipment mounting and
installation, one-time installation of Porsche Dock and Pedestal (excluding equipment procurement) (if
any), one-time installation and debugging of the power management unit (excluding equipment
purchase), one-time equipment operation training, cable and one-time installation of no more than 40
m (from the charger side), 40m PVC or galvanized pipe, a leakage circuit breaker and its installation, an
air switch box and its installation and necessary auxiliary materials in the construction of basic
installation package."

islandchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius C
Country flag
Mine never did.
I got tired of waiting, and the engorged prices shocked me so I broke down and got a Model S
Hopefully someone will want to sell their Taycan in a couple of years for some reason known only to the Mysteries, cuz that car is TEH AWSUMMMMMMM

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
My dealer is certainly showing som love. I just got invited to the Porsche Ice Driving Experience. Carrera 4 GTS with ca. 800 ice studs per tire is something else, needs to be experienced. Porsche says maybe there will be a couple of Taycan in the line up this year. Hope so, but at least I'm sure there will be a couple in the convoy we're driving from the airport up to the hotel and the event:)
Porsche Taycan Is Your Dealer Showing You The Love? 84984bc7090e7d13dead8b17a6aa30f1-700

Last edited:

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine never did.
I got tired of waiting, and the engorged prices shocked me so I broke down and got a Model S
Hopefully someone will want to sell their Taycan in a couple of years for some reason known only to the Mysteries, cuz that car is TEH AWSUMMMMMMM
on the bright side, 3 years depreciation will bring it down to Tesla prices ...

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
First Taycan delivered!! Delivered via FedEX......very bad nonfunctioning battery.....can only be used as a paperweight!!! But I wanted Frozen Blue, not another white!!! :like::giggle:

Actually received this desktop paperweight from the Porsche Headquarters in Atlanta today....not the dealership where I have a deposit.

TaycanWeight.jpeg
Got mine too! I was hoping it was an exact replica of what I ordered but I think it was nice little gift anyway. Always need another paper weight.

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
Got mine too! I was hoping it was an exact replica of what I ordered but I think it was nice little gift anyway. Always need another paper weight.
I got a “Taycan” wireless iPhone charger today!

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
No. My dealer still hasn’t even emailed me. Or called.

They did verify I was on the list when I checked (before the rollout). Haven’t heard a peep since.

Stevens Creek Porsche...you’re failing.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

They did verify I was on the list when I checked (before the rollout). Haven’t heard a peep since.

I heard that Fremont Porsche is taking orders for the 4s. They have a list, but so many on the list are waiting vs ordering, that if you are ready to order you can do so. Heard second hand, so this may not be right, but worth a call. Ask for Alex S.

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got a “Taycan” wireless iPhone charger today!
My wireless charger arrived too. The charger is the "Qi" standard so basically any recent phone that support wireless charging works.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

I emailed my salesperson at Carlsen, set up appointment, and then drove the Taycan Turbo today. Didn't Stevens Creek get one?

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
I emailed my salesperson at Carlsen, set up appointment, and then drove the Taycan Turbo today. Didn't Stevens Creek get one?
Long story short, I finally figured out what happened. They had an incorrect email address. If it wasn't for me calling in, they would have thought I wasn't interested!

I spoke to the GM today who emailed me last night (it never got to me due to an extra "a" in the address, oops) that my number has come up. They have the Turbo available for a test drive, so I am scheduled for the build as well as the test drive for this Saturday! Woot!

FYI: They also said I can order any of the 3 models.

Now....about those build choices. It's a bit overwhelming.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Long story short, I finally figured out what happened. They had an incorrect email address. If it wasn't for me calling in, they would have thought I wasn't interested!

I spoke to the GM today who emailed me last night (it never got to me due to an extra "a" in the address, oops) that my number has come up. They have the Turbo available for a test drive, so I am scheduled for the build as well as the test drive for this Saturday! Woot!

FYI: They also said I can order any of the 3 models.

Now....about those build choices. It's a bit overwhelming.
How did the test drive go?
Sponsored