Isn't it supposed to be "Hey Porsche"?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car is like one of those people who think they're always the topic of conversation. I've had the car two weeks, and have ridden with another passenger only a couple of times. Shockingly, the car actually has been the topic of conversation. Whenever someone says "Porsche", the car responds with its "how can I help you" prompt. Isn't it supposed to be "Hey Porsche", not "Porsche"? Anyone else having this issue? More strangely, it fairly frequently comes back with the prompt when nobody even said "Porsche". I haven't seen this issue mentioned on the board, is it something about my car in particular?
Sponsored

Edax Rerum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
My car is like one of those people who think they're always the topic of conversation. I've had the car two weeks, and have ridden with another passenger only a couple of times. Shockingly, the car actually has been the topic of conversation. Whenever someone says "Porsche", the car responds with its "how can I help you" prompt. Isn't it supposed to be "Hey Porsche", not "Porsche"? Anyone else having this issue? More strangely, it fairly frequently comes back with the prompt when nobody even said "Porsche". I haven't seen this issue mentioned on the board, is it something about my car in particular?
No, it's certainly not just your car. Mine does the same thing. I'm seriously considering switching that feature off if it continues to be an annoyance. It's very similar to "Hey Google", which my phone would hear at completely random times when I don't recall anyone in the vicinity saying anything that sounded like that. I turned that off, also.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
No, it's certainly not just your car. Mine does the same thing. I'm seriously considering switching that feature off if it continues to be an annoyance. It's very similar to "Hey Google", which my phone would hear at completely random times when I don't recall anyone in the vicinity saying anything that sounded like that. I turned that off, also.
Totally agree. Pretty annoying when having a conversation over the phone or with someone as a passenger. It cuts the music as well. Might just switch it off...

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Caterham 7, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m also considering turning off the virtual assistant. She constantly interrupts conversations even when I’ve not mentioned Porsche!

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Same. Turned off. (Still have the button on the wheel).

I went into the store to get something, and apparently my wife had activated it.
She had just talked to the kids in the back and the car said "what can I help you with?".
Wife quickly replied "You can't help me with anything!".
Car responded: "I can help you with many things, for instance (this and that)".
She was left speechless.

I barely get to put her in her place from time to time... but my car did on the first try.

Squarecircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s +
Country flag
Same on mine. I turned mine off, it just kept trying to join in conversations.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
How do you use the button on the steering wheel to talk to the car? When I press the button, I’m talking to my phone (iPhone Siri).

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
How do you use the button on the steering wheel to talk to the car? When I press the button, I’m talking to my phone (iPhone Siri).
Anyone?

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
You don’t need to push any button to use “Hey Porsche,“ just say it at any time.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You don’t need to push any button to use “Hey Porsche,“ just say it at any time.
Yes, but as discussed, it responds to just “Porsche”, and sometimes other random words. Not very useful.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, but as discussed, it responds to just “Porsche”, and sometimes other random words. Not very useful.
Yeah, I turned that off. I really have no need for the Porsche voice assistant at all. Siri has always worked well for me and the integration with all my stuff on the phone is all I need.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The one thing I’d like it for is putting in a destination on the gps. I got used to being able to do that while driving on my last two BMWs. You can’t do that on the taycan, but I’d at least like to be able to do it via voice.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
It did the same to me. I turned it off, and now just use the button on the left of the steering wheel, which is faster anyway.
Sponsored