H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
The one thing I’d like it for is putting in a destination on the gps. I got used to being able to do that while driving on my last two BMWs. You can’t do that on the taycan, but I’d at least like to be able to do it via voice.
I'm able to input destinations in my 4S by voice. Should work fine.
I've also had to turn off the voice activation due to multiple interruptions from the overeager assistant. But even with it off the car still randomly dials contacts on my iPhone. Quite annoying.
Sponsored

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
How do you turn it off? Hey Porsche fuck off and dont come back? :D

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm able to input destinations in my 4S by voice. Should work fine.
I've also had to turn off the voice activation due to multiple interruptions from the overeager assistant. But even with it off the car still randomly dials contacts on my iPhone. Quite annoying.
So you can input voice commands using the steering wheel button, after disabling “hey porsche”? Doesn’t work for me. I get Siri when I hit the steering wheel button.

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So you can input voice commands using the steering wheel button, after disabling “hey porsche”? Doesn’t work for me. I get Siri when I hit the steering wheel button.
I get the Porsche lady when pressing the button. Got my iPhone connected, but truth be told I don't use Siri on my phone (work regulations), so that may be why.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Mine mistakes the word Bullshit for "hey Porsche"

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yep, turned off, it’s rubbish
Turned mine off too. It’s not really a time saver or easier with it on. I impressed my friends by saying, “I’m cold” and then she made it warmer. But that got old after two times. She’s now permanently off

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
great idea to turn it off. Every time I cursed the dam Porsche sat nav she asked how can I help you. You can’t now feck off!

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just had a thought; do you have Apple CarPlay activated with you iPhone? That may be why the assistant button defaults to Siri, and not the Taycan assistant. I haven't activated CarPlay as of yet. (I'm old school - bluetooth is advanced enough for me)

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No, no CarPlay. The taycan doesn’t support wireless CarPlay, and I’ve never connected my phone to the car.

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh well - there goes that theory :)

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
My car is like one of those people who think they're always the topic of conversation. I've had the car two weeks, and have ridden with another passenger only a couple of times. Shockingly, the car actually has been the topic of conversation. Whenever someone says "Porsche", the car responds with its "how can I help you" prompt. Isn't it supposed to be "Hey Porsche", not "Porsche"? Anyone else having this issue? More strangely, it fairly frequently comes back with the prompt when nobody even said "Porsche". I haven't seen this issue mentioned on the board, is it something about my car in particular?
my experience is that the button defaults to Siri when your Siri enabled iphone is plugged in but defaults to Porsche assistant when iPhone not plugged in. And yes, sometimes the porsche assistant activates when "Hey porsche" is not said for some reason.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I’ve turned off the hey Porsche. Just use the button to activate sears, tell it im cold and choosing radio stations. Any else I can use it for?

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
How do you use the button on the steering wheel to talk to the car? When I press the button, I’m talking to my phone (iPhone Siri).
This button is great. Mine is not connected to Siri and it will do a lot by just asking. One of my favorite features. For those who are typing in directions you are wasting time. Hit this button and say Navigate to .... fill in the blank. Or say find closest charging station. It does have its moments....be forewarned.

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
The one thing I’d like it for is putting in a destination on the gps. I got used to being able to do that while driving on my last two BMWs. You can’t do that on the taycan, but I’d at least like to be able to do it via voice.
yes you can do that. Hit the ‘talk’ button on left side of the steering wheel and say Navigate to... it should come back with a list that you select from. You can even tell it to page down or up if needed.
Sponsored