Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
Update: forum members were able to explain how to fix all the issues after update. Spoke with porsche shop mgr who called me and explained to him what forum members posted. He said some members have more info than what he is receiving I asked him does his technicians have a checklist after doing update to ensure everything works? He said no but that was a good idea. Lol seems some dealers really need a lot more training from Porsche

After receiving the 15 hr software update 2 malfunctions
1. courtesy opening for trunk and hood no longer work
2. driver side seat memory position no longer positions seat after starting car
Dealer told me they will inquire with Germany to see what can be done
Dealer told me they are seeing other owners with some issues after update with most common problem with gps / navigation
Anyone know how courtesy opening works? I do not see any sensors for opening trunk by moving foot or hand movement re hood
Sponsored

Last edited:

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
I just picked up my MY21 after the software update a few hours ago and I lost some setting that I simply need to re-program. I lost all of my timers (I had two for Mo-Fr and another Sa-Su), but had 6 new ones all at 0:00. My garage doors and their locations were still present and working.

I have yet to see if my frunk/trunk is a check the box setting I lost and need to re-program.

You are implying a bigger problem in that they can not be re-programmed?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Dealer told me they are seeing other owners with some issues after update with most common problem with gps / navigation
Anyone know how courtesy opening works? I do not see any sensors for opening trunk by moving foot or hand movement re hood
1. Is comfort access active?
Did you go through your settings?
You can deselect trunk opening (for car wash).
2. That's also a setting, go find it.

First you have to tell us what you already did before calling it a "malfunction".
There are so many modules updated and they have many settings too.
Or is the dealer the one that informed you about the "malfunctions"?

OP
OP

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
I just picked up my MY21 after the software update a few hours ago and I lost some setting that I simply need to re-program. I lost all of my timers (I had two for Mo-Fr and another Sa-Su), but had 6 new ones all at 0:00. My garage doors and their locations were still present and working.

I have yet to see if my frunk/trunk is a check the box setting I lost and need to re-program.

You are implying a bigger problem in that they can not be re-programmed?
I do not see any setting for the courtesy opening so at this point i cannot resolve the issue,appears tb software related. Re memory seat, that i do control however it is not working correctly. When i unlock the car the seat does not return to memory position( memory triggered by FOB)I have to push setting 1 for seat to correctly position. I have seen a couple of other posts with same issues

OP
OP

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
Thanks guys for helping me. It turns out the comfort access options were checked. I unchecked them them rechecked, turned car off and now it works. I did take car to dealer and theyntold me it was a malfunction. Forum seems smarter the my dealer

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
the courtesy opening was no working well prior to the update for me, I kind of gave up on it, I haven't had any other notable issues, 2021 4s
this forum is a far better source for info than the dealerships. the salesmen really don't have too much experience with the car and the techs seem to lack deep training

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
the courtesy opening was no working well prior to the update for me, I kind of gave up on it, I haven't had any other notable issues, 2021 4s
this forum is a far better source for info than the dealerships. the salesmen really don't have too much experience with the car and the techs seem to lack deep training
I have the same issue with the courtesy opening and the passenger side mirror not 'dipping down' when reversing... be interested if anyone finds a resolution.. I have asked my service provider if these are known issues and if they are going to address..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have the same issue with the courtesy opening and the passenger side mirror not 'dipping down' when reversing... be interested if anyone finds a resolution.. I have asked my service provider if these are known issues and if they are going to address..
See @Dee's post above to check / uncheck / recheck your comfort settings.

Adjust the door mirror to the kerb dipped setting when in reverse gear and also check the comfort setting has been enabled. Put the car in neutral and wait for the mirror to level. Should be fine after that.

Reactions: Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Did you try to switch it off, store it (by pressing the memory button in the door) then on again?

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
See @Dee's post above to check / uncheck / recheck your comfort settings.

Adjust the door mirror to the kerb dipped setting when in reverse gear and also check the comfort setting has been enabled. Put the car in neutral and wait for the mirror to level. Should be fine after that.
ok will try that.. thanks....
Sponsored