Issues with My Porsche app

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have (finally!) received my VIN. Once you have your VIN, you can set up your account in the My Porsche app - correct? Because I am having some issues...

Firstly, when I input my VIN into My Porsche, it "thinks" for a bit, then displays a picture of a red Taycan (incorrect), and says 2020 Taycan Turbo (correct). The car I ordered is white, not red. Please tell me that it is not attempting to display a rendition of my specific car!!

Then it goes on to ask for a picture of my driver's license, and a copy of my title. Obviously, I don't have the title yet. So what's up with that? I'm pretty sure I've seen people here say they set up their My Porsche account once they got their VIN, but that wouldn't work if you also needed to give it your title.
Sponsored

Triyanya

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo - X3M Comp - URBAN Defender 90
Country flag
To avoid the hassle of title / licence details etc, the dealer needs to send you an invite and it’s an easy setup after that. Mine shows red as well (must be default) - even though it’s blue ! - first thing i did was order the Porsche charge card that arrived within a few days. Cars on the boat to Sheerness so hopefully not long now !

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
You will get the linked account at the dealership once they push the car ownership to you.

Unlike Tesla, the Porsche interface does not use the actual color of the car. For me the depiction is white for the volcano grey 4S. No biggie, just different.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I have (finally!) received my VIN. Once you have your VIN, you can set up your account in the My Porsche app - correct? Because I am having some issues...

Firstly, when I input my VIN into My Porsche, it "thinks" for a bit, then displays a picture of a red Taycan (incorrect), and says 2020 Taycan Turbo (correct). The car I ordered is white, not red. Please tell me that it is not attempting to display a rendition of my specific car!!

Then it goes on to ask for a picture of my driver's license, and a copy of my title. Obviously, I don't have the title yet. So what's up with that? I'm pretty sure I've seen people here say they set up their My Porsche account once they got their VIN, but that wouldn't work if you also needed to give it your title.

Once my dealer sent me a copy of the latest update to my production order (with VIN), I merely submitted it (it also includes commission number, name and address) as "proof of ownership", and a Scan of my drivers license as "proof of identity". Porsche had the account linked up in about 24hrs. My car is still on the boat (Delivery Estimate Aug 7) so you don't actually need to have the car in your possession (or an invite from your dealer/pna)...

Be aware, although you can set it up, and purchase a few services (which can't be used and just start the clock ticking), you can't really do anything useful with the account until the car is actually delivered. If all you want is a pretty picture, you can get that from the configurator or your Porsche code...

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Once my dealer sent me a copy of the latest update to my production order (with VIN), I merely submitted it (with commission number, name and address on it) as "proof of ownership", and a Scan of my drivers license as "proof of identity". Porsche had the account linked up in about 24hrs. My car is still on the boat (Delivery Estimate Aug 7) so you don't actually need to have the car in your possession (or an invite from your dealer/pna)...

Be aware, although you can set it up, and purchase a few services (which can't be used and just start the clock ticking), you can't really do anything useful with the account until the car is actually delivered. If all you want is a pretty picture, you can get that from the configurator or your Porsche code...
This worked for me as well.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You will get the linked account at the dealership once they push the car ownership to you.

Unlike Tesla, the Porsche interface does not use the actual color of the car. For me the depiction is white for the volcano grey 4S. No biggie, just different.
Yeah, just wait for the dealer as the car hasn’t changed ownership yet. Luckily, my car is white so all of images in the app and web UI match perfectly. I think they do try to personalize as my car, at least in the web UI, matches mine perfectly (wheels, exterior trim, etc.).

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Yeah, just wait for the dealer as the car hasn’t changed ownership yet. Luckily, my car is white so all of images in the app and web UI match perfectly. I think they do try to personalize as my car, at least in the web UI, matches mine perfectly (wheels, exterior trim, etc.).
For what its worth...

The image/trim of my car (Carmine Red Turbo S with Black Wheels) matched its actual color when my account got set up (even though I have not taken delivery yet). One does not apparently depend on the other...

Ormond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
What does the app do? Does it unlock the car or tell you the charge state?

Tez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The app is a 2 out of 5 stars, at best. Especially compared to others out there, i.e. Tesla. Hopefully it will be improved over time. No control over windows, doors, latches, or other things standard for years on non-EVs. It will show you the charge status, range, and tire pressure. May be a few other notifications, i.e. valet mode which only advises you if the valet is speeding or goes out of a specific geographic area. I look forward to a smoother and more robust interface.
Sponsored