It’s here! Who said black does not show lines?

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
It’s going to be interesting as my OPC has told me to expect the vehicle in early July, if it doesn’t come in July I will be telling them to sit on it until September 1st but also expressing my feelings on having an MY20 car with an MY21 imminent
I have exactly the same feelings and expressed these to the dealer. The response was no problem - will give your deposit back - we have a queue of people wanting cancelled orders!
Sponsored

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Guys, seriously do not cancel your orders for the MY21 you will be put right at the back of the queue again!

So after seeing my car on Instagram a huge bunch of friends called me and wanted to come see the car. Once they saw the car they were sure they wanted one! 3 of them were Tesla owners and another 3 never had an electric car.

All 6 just placed orders and I am not fibbing when I say they were given a delivery date after March 2021!
As for cancelling, yes the dealers now have a huge waiting list of buyers who want to jump on cancelled orders.

The word is only just getting out, this is going to be one of the most sought after cars over the next 12 months!

Whistler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Taycan
Country flag
fantastic looking car, congrats!

I am expecting exactly similar one though with wheels painted in platinum instead of black. Haven’t a single black with those wheels in plat.

was thinking about getting genital blu.. sorry gentian blue initially but ended up with jet black and these images certainly are supportive for my decision.

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
fantastic looking car, congrats!

I am expecting exactly similar one though with wheels painted in platinum instead of black. Haven’t a single black with those wheels in plat.

was thinking about getting genital blu.. sorry gentian blue initially but ended up with jet black and these images certainly are supportive for my decision.
Thank you. I always knew I wanted black as I know black Porsche's look insane. Mine is Jet Black Metallic, the flecks of paint are amazing when clean.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Thank you. I always knew I wanted black as I know black Porsche's look insane. Mine is Jet Black Metallic, the flecks of paint are amazing when clean.
Lovely car and spec, congratulations! I will be following your experience with Paint Protection Spray with interest, since the price you shared is very attractive. I own two black cars, one metalic and one plain, and they look fantastic when clean. But there is some elbow grease needed to keep them pristine.
I choose Carrara White this time and the car is away for a paint correction and full PPF at the moment. I will share some pictures when it is ready. My experience of the white paint was a bit painful. A couple of dark black marks from stone chips in about 700 km driving, :angry:

So PPF will make sense for me driving on the roads around here.

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Lovely car and spec, congratulations! I will be following your experience with Paint Protection Spray with interest, since the price you shared is very attractive. I own two black cars, one metalic and one plain, and they look fantastic when clean. But there is some elbow grease needed to keep them pristine.
I choose Carrara White this time and the car is away for a paint correction and full PPF at the moment. I will share some pictures when it is ready. My experience of the white paint was a bit painful. A couple of dark black marks from stone chips in about 700 km driving, :angry:

So PPF will make sense for me driving on the roads around here.
Thank you - I will update once done ;-)

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just got my car back from having the windows tinted and PPF (Suntek Ultra) installed. I just did the entire front and side mirrors. No doubt, Jet Black Metallic looks awesome on the Taycan and hopefully the PPF will help protect the beautiful paint.

Porsche Taycan It’s here! Who said black does not show lines? 61412409150__7E3C0F63-A9AB-40BB-B938-340CA698FA3E.JPG

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Just got my car back from having the windows tinted and PPF (Suntek Ultra) installed. I just did the entire front and side mirrors. No doubt, Jet Black Metallic looks awesome on the Taycan and hopefully the PPF will help protect the beautiful paint.

61412409150__7E3C0F63-A9AB-40BB-B938-340CA698FA3E.JPG
Very nice!

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, taycan turbo
Country flag
I was losing my patience to guys. Nearly cancelled the car too. I would have been gutted if I did. The car is magnificent! Hang in there :time:
Man good to hear! I waffled w all that is going on. But car is in port in Houston on the way to Montana

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Man good to hear! I waffled w all that is going on. But car is in port in Houston on the way to Montana
I was also very torn because my dealer called in April to say my car was finally on it's way. I just wasn't sure it was the right thing to do given the uncertainty in the world at the time. I put a deposit down in 2018 and couldn't imagine not going forward with my order. I ended up taking delivery last month and couldn't be happier. @glennkreisel do not waffle any longer - take delivery! You will be so happy. Very few vehicles put a smile on your face like the Taycan does every time you sit in the driver's seat.