It is the anniversary of me emailing to order a Taycan today.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I had a test drive if a CT 4S on Friday 16 July 2021 at Porsche, Swindon my local dealer, spent the weekend thinking it over, it was an impulse purchase I have no need of another car, and sent an email to order one on the Sunday 18th.
My only real concern was how big and heavy it is, I generally favour small light cars - but there aren’t many/any nowadays.

Given it was an impulse purchase I wouldn’t have gone ahead if I knew how long I would wait and whilst the PEC reminded me how superb the car is the wait has taken the shine off the idea.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
What's the current status & ETA (I seem to remember that your build locked a while back)?

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What's the current status & ETA (I seem to remember that your build locked a while back)?
I had a phone call last week to tell me the car is in production but further held up for lack of parts.

I shouldn't have dropped some of my options to reduce delay because the delay has got longer anyway and now my car doesn't have all the options I wanted.

Given I was only getting it for a bit of fun I am disappointed.

I don't have an ETA any more

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I had a phone call last week to tell me the car is in production but further held up for lack of parts.

I shouldn't have dropped some of my options to reduce delay because the delay has got longer anyway and now my car doesn't have all the options I wanted.

I second everything you have said. This will be by far the most expensive car i've ever owned yet I now regret pushing the button after continual disappointment and poor service. I spoke to the Sales Manager last Thursday who advised that execs from Porsche UK had visited. I asked about timelines again and we had what I thought was an open and honest conversation.

On Friday, the price went up another £1500. Why was I not given the heads up the day before. I thought Audi UK were bad but this is on another level.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag

I assumed once it was in production that was it. So it now transpires they have a load of half built Taycans in a field next door? What options did you drop?

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I assumed once it was in production that was it. So it now transpires they have a load of half built Taycans in a field next door? What options did you drop?
I dropped Bose and racetex B-pillar

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

Expensive bit of fun 🤓😂

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Expensive bit of fun 🤓😂
I am old and lucky, or at least had some success in my work..

Unlike most people I don't only consider budget to be the main decision criterion.

My last purchase I wanted a plug-in hybrid non-SUV with space for my dog.

There aren't many, actually, and my short list, given specification not price determined the choices, was between a Panamera Sport Turismo PHEV and a Toyota Prius PHEV.

The Prius won because of width and weight. Obviously the Panamera was quicker and more luxurious but that wasn't enough for me to prefer it over the Prius attributes ;)

One of the biggest things against the Panamera was it needed over £10k spending on extras to match the standard spec of the Prius which annoyed and exasperated me almost to infinity.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Don’t lose hope Frank! Now that I have the GTS Sedan, I am thinking about ordering my next one as a 4S CT because of the off-roading characteristics and hatchback/trunk space. Hopefully the parts issues get sorted out soon and delivery would happen ASAP.

Just wish to share my recent experience
with you. I have driven my friends’ Tesla model Y and newest S class, I much prefer the driving dynamic and comfort with the Taycan GTS when comparing to them.

It is worth waiting for.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don’t lose hope Frank! Now that I have the GTS Sedan, I am thinking about ordering my next one as a 4S CT because of the off-roading characteristics and hatchback/trunk space. Hopefully the parts issues get sorted out soon and delivery would happen ASAP.

Just wish to share my recent experience
with you. I have driven my friends’ Tesla model Y and newest S class, I much prefer the driving dynamic and comfort with the Taycan GTS when comparing to them.

It is worth waiting for.
Thanks but actually the only new car on sale worth buying for my taste and requirements is the Taycan Cross Turismo so the alternative was not to bother with a new car at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Thanks but actually the only new car on sale worth buying for my taste and requirements is the Taycan so the alternative was not to bother with a new car at all.
It could have been worse. That 'bit of fun' purchase could have been an SUV with an all black interior.

We know it's your favourite 😉

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That 'bit of fun' purchase could have been an SUV with an all black interior.
Oh no it couldn't 😂 that would be purgatory and I would not only never order one but not accept one as a gift either.
You d indeed know my preference.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Oh no it couldn't 😂 that would be purgatory and I would not only never order one but not accept one as a gift either.
You d indeed know my preference.
I test drove the Ioniq 5 last week. I had high hopes thinking "this is just an XXL hatchback".

But no, it was absolutely an SUV. I was bouncing down the road, with the "dynamics" you would expect of an SUV.

Hatchback, saloon or a wagon. So much more pleasant and fun to drive. Also superior body shape for an EV.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
I had a test drive if a CT 4S on Friday 16 July 2021 at Porsche, Swindon my local dealer, spent the weekend thinking it over, it was an impulse purchase I have no need of another car, and sent an email to order one on the Sunday 18th.
My only real concern was how big and heavy it is, I generally favour small light cars - but there aren’t many/any nowadays.

Given it was an impulse purchase I wouldn’t have gone ahead if I knew how long I would wait and whilst the PEC reminded me how superb the car is the wait has taken the shine off the idea.
Hi Fleng
you won’t regret. I drive light cars too, but i always enjoy driving my ct4. When it’s not at the dealer for some issues. you’ll love it. End of august i will be on Spa again and at Le mans. next week i will be driving in Toscany the classic rally with a 356a.
Sponsored