ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Janko Lind has now posted a Taycan 4S review. Just adding here.

It is a nice Carmine Red.

Sponsored

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag

that guy is hilarious. He has an interesting rationale for not getting silver stitching on the steering wheel. It will get dirty when your wife drives the car and eats a burger with ketchup. . I wonder if he sleeps on the couch a lot after his wife watches his videos.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
He didn’t say his wife, he said your wife :)
I actually like the 4S wheels and wasn’t willing to pay the premium for others. However I think they only look right on silver or grey cars. So I ordered silver.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
He didn’t say his wife, he said your wife :)
I actually like the 4S wheels and wasn’t willing to pay the premium for others. However I think they only look right on silver or grey cars. So I ordered silver.
I was going to keep those 19-inch wheels as well when I was on the Dolomite silver now I switched to volcano Grey and decided to go with the 20" aero wheels. The 19 inch wheels might be a bit quieter as well, another bonus. I would have also thought more efficient but the Porsche website that gives estimated range does not seem to think so, but the only way to really be sure is to test. It's a driver's car anyway so I will not be overly concerned on Range as long as I can make it from Electrify America to Electrify America when doing road trips.

Regards
Ron

Apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I was going to keep those 19-inch wheels as well when I was on the Dolomite silver now I switched to volcano Grey and decided to go with the 20" aero wheels. The 19 inch wheels might be a bit quieter as well, another bonus. I would have also thought more efficient but the Porsche website that gives estimated range does not seem to think so, but the only way to really be sure is to test. It's a driver's car anyway so I will not be overly concerned on Range as long as I can make it from Electrify America to Electrify America when doing road trips.

Regards
Ron
Bigger wheels definitely do impact range. However, the real question is whether increasing wheel size is going to have a real world impact for you. I think the answer is no.

On longer road trips I don’t think you’ll notice the reduced range much. I doubt you’ll have to charge more often, but you might have to charge for a few minutes longer. The impact will be even less noticeable for everyday driving, when can just plug in the car overnight anyway.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag

I almost ordered this color. However, it looks very magenta-like here. Not red at all. Glad I passed.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I almost ordered this color. However, it looks very magenta-like here. Not red at all. Glad I passed.
If your monitor is showing that car as anything other than the glorious red it is I would recommend getting it calibrated, or invest in a new monitor. It is nothing remotely close to any of these 'magenta'.
Porsche Taycan Janko Lind Taycan 4S Review 1590336590852

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
If your monitor is showing that car as anything other than the glorious red it is I would recommend getting it calibrated, or invest in a new monitor. It is nothing remotely close to any of these 'magenta'.
1590336590852.png
Thanks. I am on a laptop, but the car looks a lot like the middle color in your top row, 5th from the left. I can't read that color, but it still looks magenta-ish to me .

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
OK, that explains it then. I would not trust the colors on that machine. It's very much off. :)

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks. I am on a laptop, but the car looks a lot like the middle color in your top row, 5th from the left. I can't read that color, but it still looks magenta-ish to me .
When it comes to picking color I would certainly look at one in reality and not depend on rendering on a screen. if you're able to stop at a Porsche dealership I would imagine they would have a car in Carmine Red, it's a fairly popular color.

Apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Not sure about this. The "Reichweitenindikator" says that you win 1 km range by changing from 19" Taycan Aerowheel to 20" Taycan Turbo Aerowheel.
https://www.porsche.com/germany/models/taycan/taycan-models/
I’m speaking from a few years experience driving BEVs (not Taycan). As a general rule, in my experience, you do not gain range by increasing wheel size. However, it could be that the 20" rims somehow are lighter and/or more aerodynamic and/or comes standard with wheels with less roll resistance than the 19" rims. Still though, I would be very surprised if there wasn’t a decrease in range by upping the wheel size.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m speaking from a few years experience driving BEVs (not Taycan). As a general rule, in my experience, you do not gain range by increasing wheel size. However, it could be that the 20" rims somehow are lighter and/or more aerodynamic and/or comes standard with wheels with less roll resistance than the 19" rims. Still though, I would be very surprised if there wasn’t a decrease in range by upping the wheel size.
I know it seems very questionable having somehow more range with wider tires, the rims maybe lighter is all I can imagine and perhaps more aerodynamic but still it seems amazing! :rolleyes:

All that being said I love the look of the 20 inch rims and I'm getting them no matter what. :cool:
Sponsored