OP

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Can you please share the schedule?
Here ya go. Courage is expected to head straight to Panama (Dec 27) and then on to San Diego (Jan 4). As you can see, the next couple west coast boats are less direct and expected to take longer.

Porsche Taycan January 2023 Deliveries 1671053608858

997gt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997 GT3
Country flag
A few days ago, TYD was suggesting my car missed Glovis Courage, with delivery date pushed out to reflect the next ship (forget what the next one to west coast is called), in Feb 2023.

But when I checked TYD just now, it recorded that "On Vessel" was actually completed on 12/12 and the car is on Glovis Courage, with delivery date that matches when Glovis Courage would reach Benicia (mid Jan 2023).

So render me pleasantly surprised...just wanted to share that sometimes these TYD updates don't happen for a few days...and so if you thought you missed Glovis Courage, check again, and you also might have gotten onto that ship.

Overall, I think there have been no real delays with my order. GTS. Arrived at Emden on the day the previous west coast ship was departing, so missed that ship, but got onto the next one (Glovis Courage). I'm sorry about other cars that were built earlier than mine and are somehow still stuck at the port. It seems like they're not processing these cars in order...which is annoying...

gkiratbajwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Glovis Courage seems to be out of range for the last couple of days as per vesselfinder. I was wondering whether this is normal when a ship is crossing a large ocean, or is something fishy? There is an option to view the location using satellite but it's not free.

OP
OP

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Glovis Courage seems to be out of range for the last couple of days as per vesselfinder. I was wondering whether this is normal when a ship is crossing a large ocean, or is something fishy? There is an option to view the location using satellite but it's not free.
That’s normal. Tracking mid ocean is only available through a paid service. It’ll pop back up in a few days when it reaches the Panama Canal.

Ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
My car was supposed to be on a Vessel 12/23 headed towards Houston for arrival on 12/20 but TYD still hasn't updated from the Emden Port step where it has been since 11/23.

I'm curious if anyone else heading towards the US East coast for arrival in January shows they are on a ship yet?

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
My car was supposed to be on a Vessel 12/23 headed towards Houston for arrival on 12/20 but TYD still hasn't updated from the Emden Port step where it has been since 11/23.

I'm curious if anyone else heading towards the US East coast for arrival in January shows they are on a ship yet?
Houston or US East coast? There might be different routes/ships etc.
Mine's bound for Houston (denoted as "US Gulf" on pwl.de), and TYD indicated the car was on the ship with 1-2 days of delay. If your TYD hasn't been updated, it's likely that it is correct - your car did not get on a ship yet.

Sunshine ACE is en route to Houston, TX; departed Davisville, RI today (12/27) and is expected to arrive on 1/2.

Ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
Houston or US East coast? There might be different routes/ships etc.
Mine's bound for Houston (denoted as "US Gulf" on pwl.de), and TYD indicated the car was on the ship with 1-2 days of delay. If your TYD hasn't been updated, it's likely that it is correct - your car did not get on a ship yet.

Sunshine ACE is en route to Houston, TX; departed Davisville, RI today (12/27) and is expected to arrive on 1/2.
Houston. I was originally supposed to be on the Sunshine Ace but it left without me. The Siem Aristotle just left Emden heading to Davisville yesterday and thought Houston might be a stop on that route but my TYD shows still in Emden (if that's accurate).

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Houston. I was originally supposed to be on the Sunshine Ace but it left without me. The Siem Aristotle just left Emden heading to Davisville yesterday and thought Houston might be a stop on that route but my TYD shows still in Emden (if that's accurate).
Give it another day or two? Fwiw, mine waited at the docks for almost a month. Edit: nvm, I see your car has already waited for longer.

Last edited:
OP
OP

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Glovis Courage is making its way through the Panama Canal at the moment. I noticed something weird though - vessel finder says it’s next stop is Benicia now? The schedules have said it was going to San Diego first, seems weird to change the order, and with SD-bound cars aboard it surely won’t skip it.

distractedS0uL

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My family has a Taycan RWD on the way, taking delivery at PEC LA; anyone else's on Cepheus Leader? Was just told that we should expect a mid February '23 Delivery.

We got our allocation in August from Rusnak Porsche, Order locked in September with a October production date and original ETA of early Dec.

Porsche Taycan January 2023 Deliveries Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 16-21-10 My Porsche

Porsche Taycan January 2023 Deliveries Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 16-21-23 My Porsche

Porsche Taycan January 2023 Deliveries Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 13-20-02 Taycan – Your Order – My Porsche

Last edited:

Ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
We'll, TYD just updated that I missed another boat to Houston (second time the On Vessel step has reset). My GTS finished production on 11/18 and has been at Emden since 11/23. My new "On Vessel" date is 1/13 for delivery on 2/10.

My first delivery date provided was 12/16.

OP
OP

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
We'll, TYD just updated that I missed another boat to Houston (second time the On Vessel step has reset). My GTS finished production on 11/18 and has been at Emden since 11/23. My new "On Vessel" date is 1/13 for delivery on 2/10.

My first delivery date provided was 12/16.
Thats a bummer, but not out of the norm. Mine sat at Emden for almost 2 months (mid Oct arrival, mid Dec pickup).

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
mines was supposed to be on the 12/23 ship to Baltimore but I am not sure if it made it. Anyone else in the same predicament or any suggestions? It's now saying it wont be on a vessel until 1/13/23 now smh

Porsche Taycan January 2023 Deliveries Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 2.17.13 PM
Sponsored