MTLPAT

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster S, C43 Benz, HD CVO breakout, Taycan CT 4s
Country flag
Bummer! I hope it shows up soon for you!

It still hasn't hit me that this is really happening today. There's been so many delays so far, and I keep expecting to get a call saying there's a surprise stop sale or some other silly thing.
Please post pics when available šŸ¤™
Sponsored

sgimips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo, 2018 540d
Country flag
Picked up my car around 3:00. Every option present and accounted for including a power steering column. Spent a few hours once I got back home messing with the software, and installed the clear ā€œreflectorsā€ to be rid of that orange nonsense. Put about 50 miles on it after. Itā€™s everything I hoped it would be.

Aluminum interior trim has a texture to it which surprised me. I was expecting it to be flat with the pattern printed on. Definitely a nice touch.

Edit: Yeah that backup camera is comically bad. Makes the space in the garage where it charges look like a tiny hallway.

Edit: Re-upload higher quality image.

Porsche Taycan January 2023 Deliveries img_3017_7-jpe

Last edited:

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picked up my car around 3:00. Every option present and accounted for including a power steering column. Spent a few hours once I got back home messing with the software, and installed the clear ā€œreflectorsā€ to be rid of that orange nonsense. Put about 50 miles on it after. Itā€™s everything I hoped it would be.

Aluminum interior trim has a texture to it which surprised me. I was expecting it to be flat with the pattern printed on. Definitely a nice touch.

Edit: Yeah that backup camera is comically bad. Makes the space in the garage where it charges look like a tiny hallway.

View attachment 49359
Do US delivered cars come with the nasty orange reflectors? I want to order the clear ones now if so.

CONGRATS! Car is awesome

sgimips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do US delivered cars come with the nasty orange reflectors? I want to order the clear ones now if so.

CONGRATS! Car is awesome
Every new one Iā€™ve seen before delivery had the orange reflectors. I ordered mine right after Christmas from SunCoast and they arrived a few days later.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ā€˜23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag

CONGRATS! Car is awesome
I believe itā€™s required by law in the US. However, some previous posts indicate the actual LED in the fixture is yellow which allows the clear marker lenses to comply with the law.

sgimips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe itā€™s required by law in the US. However, some previous posts indicate the actual LED in the fixture is yellow which allows the clear marker lenses to comply with the law.
The law also requires (or used to, may have changed) that there is a passive orange reflector visible from the side of the car which the clear ECE ones do not feature. It's a requirement for when the car is sold new but is otherwise unenforced, at least in all of the states I've lived in (CA, AZ, WA.) and not something the DMV/DOL noted or checked on any inspections I've gone through.

I've painted over the passive reflectors on my non-P cars for a few decades and it's never once been an issue. :)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The law also requires (or used to, may have changed) that there is a passive orange reflector visible from the side of the car which the clear ECE ones do not feature. It's a requirement for when the car is sold new but is otherwise unenforced, at least in all of the states I've lived in (CA, AZ, WA.) and not something the DMV/DOL noted or checked on any inspections I've gone through.

I've painted over the passive reflectors on my non-P cars for a few decades and it's never once been an issue. :)
Yea, itā€™s an NHTSA requirement. There are cleaver ways around it though. Check out the Model S - you will have to want to find them in order to see them, but they are there and meet the requirement.

sgimips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yea, itā€™s an NHTSA requirement. There are cleaver ways around it though. Check out the Model S - you will have to want to find them in order to see them, but they are there and meet the requirement.
I was impressed when I first saw them on that Tesla. I was specifically looking for them too. I have to assume someone in their design department hate those reflectors as much as I do.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was impressed when I first saw them on that Tesla. I was specifically looking for them too. I have to assume someone in their design department hate those reflectors as much as I do.
I was on my second Model S before I realized the car even had them. Very cleaver design. For the Taycan, Iā€™ve had the clear ones for over a year now (car not here yet though).

gkiratbajwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Has anyone's Glovis Courage taycan left from the port of Benecia? I'm stuck at port processing for a while now.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Supreme Ace seems to be going in circles near the UK coast since yesterday and its ETA to destination port just moved out by over day.

OP
OP

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Has anyone's Glovis Courage taycan left from the port of Benecia? I'm stuck at port processing for a while now.
Port processing does take a little while sometimes. I donā€™t think youā€™re in ā€œunusually longā€ territory yet.

My car got off of Courage in San Diego a few days before you, and Iā€™m also showing port processing. I half expected to sit for a few weeks because I specced Bermester. However, my dealer told me recently that it shows no stop sales and is ā€œready for transportā€ in their system, so it should be getting on a truck any day now hopefully.

Ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
Supreme Ace seems to be going in circles near the UK coast since yesterday and its ETA to destination port just moved out by over day.
Yes, I hope the captain's not drunk. I looked at it first thing this morning and it was headed the wrong direction all night.

Porsche Taycan January 2023 Deliveries 1673991020254

oailamc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Port processing does take a little while sometimes. I donā€™t think youā€™re in ā€œunusually longā€ territory yet.

My car got off of Courage in San Diego a few days before you, and Iā€™m also showing port processing. I half expected to sit for a few weeks because I specced Bermester. However, my dealer told me recently that it shows no stop sales and is ā€œready for transportā€ in their system, so it should be getting on a truck any day now hopefully.
Also on Courage and stuck at port processing. I also have Burmester and delivery destination is PECLA. My SA said thereā€™s no stop sale and Iā€™ve recently signed and funded. My car along with 30 others are just waiting for transportation. Eta is 1/27 on TYD.
Sponsored