ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Is anyone else who was waiting for their car to be unloaded in Jacksonville seeing that it’s still on the vessel in TYD and appears to be making its way to Mexico?? I know Mexico is the next stop for the vessel but given I live in Florida I assumed they would unload my car in Jacksonville.

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Is anyone else who was waiting for their car to be unloaded in Jacksonville seeing that it’s still on the vessel in TYD and appears to be making its way to Mexico?? I know Mexico is the next stop for the vessel but given I live in Florida I assumed they would unload my car in Jacksonville.
I'm also waiting on a car being delivered through Jacksonville. I seriously doubt Siem Cicero left without unloading your (and my) car. TYD didn't show the ship getting to Jacksonville until 1-27 so it hasn't been right for a while and my car is also shown as still being on the vessel. TYD might update tomorrow and you might not see anything change until it's on a truck on the way to the dealer. Check with your dealer as they have access to real time info.

OP
OP

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Seems common for TYD to lag a few days behind when switching from “On Vessel” to next steps. Took around 4 days for me.

oailamc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’m still waiting at Benicia port since 1/9.

Tomato

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Mine was showing on vessel in TYD toward Jacksonville after it's supposed to be unloaded in Baltimore last week. Two days later it changed to Port Processing. Dealers confirmed on Friday that's it's already en route to them but TYD still showing Port Processing as of Friday.
I'm pretty sure yours got unloaded in Jacksonville and expect a call from your SA soon!

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
@ayoussef, I was pretty sure our cars had come off the boat at Jacksonville. Maybe not. TYD shows Siem Cicero going to Veracruz and then back to Jacksonville. That seems like a really odd way to load the ship but does fit with my original date of 1-27 at Jacksonville. Or are we sitting on the dock in Jacksonville and they are picking up some made in Mexico cars coming back this way? I'm going to see what my dealer knows.

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
@ayoussef, I was pretty sure our cars had come off the boat at Jacksonville. Maybe not. TYD shows Siem Cicero going to Veracruz and then back to Jacksonville. That seems like a really odd way to load the ship but does fit with my original date of 1-27 at Jacksonville. Or are we sitting on the dock in Jacksonville and they are picking up some made in Mexico cars coming back this way? I'm going to see what my dealer knows.
Interesting, I wonder why it would go back to Jacksonville? TYD shows my estimated time at the dealership as 1/27, so I am not sure what’s going on. I spoke to my sales guy today and he said it hasn’t updated in their internal system yet and all he sees is that the ship is in Jacksonville, but that’s obviously outdated. Let me know what you find out!

OP
OP

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just ignore TYD’s estimates. They’re based on nothing, especially anything related to transport. I guarantee your car got off at Jacksonville, TYD often will lag a few days,

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Interesting, I wonder why it would go back to Jacksonville? TYD shows my estimated time at the dealership as 1/27, so I am not sure what’s going on. I spoke to my sales guy today and he said it hasn’t updated in their internal system yet and all he sees is that the ship is in Jacksonville, but that’s obviously outdated. Let me know what you find out!
Just heard back from my SA. He gave me a copy of his tracking schedule. Event key U004 does not show an "actual date" for "Entry port Jacksonville". "Expected date" remains unchanged. Either the Porsche system is very slow to update or my car is taking a side trip through the Gulf of Mexico. I'm collecting my car from Atlanta on 2-23 so there is time to schedule a detour (why do it that way is a complete mystery). If you are supposed to collect your car from the dealer on 1-27 my guess is that your car was offloaded on the first stop at Jacksonville. I hope your schedule holds up.

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Just heard back from my SA. He gave me a copy of his tracking schedule. Event key U004 does not show an "actual date" for "Entry port Jacksonville". "Expected date" remains unchanged. Either the Porsche system is very slow to update or my car is taking a side trip through the Gulf of Mexico. I'm collecting my car from Atlanta on 2-23 so there is time to schedule a detour (why do it that way is a complete mystery). If you are supposed to collect your car from the dealer on 1-27 my guess is that your car was offloaded on the first stop at Jacksonville. I hope your schedule holds up.
I just checked my TYD, it now says Port Processing so indeed it was unloaded on Jax round 1. Why they wouldn’t unloaded them all is beyond me but I hope yours stays on schedule!

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
I just checked my TYD, it now says Port Processing so indeed it was unloaded on Jax round 1. Why they wouldn’t unloaded them all is beyond me but I hope yours stays on schedule!
My SA just sent an email saying the Siem Cicero was due in Jacksonville tomorrow. Since it's now off Palm Beach and headed South his information is unreliable. All my "port" milestones still show as estimated. In three hours they could switch to actual. TYD seems to be suffering from a time lag and I suspect my car is on the Jacksonville dock. Round tripping it to Veracruz just makes no sense.

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My SA just sent an email saying the Siem Cicero was due in Jacksonville tomorrow. Since it's now off Palm Beach and headed South his information is unreliable. All my "port" milestones still show as estimated. In three hours they could switch to actual. TYD seems to be suffering from a time lag and I suspect my car is on the Jacksonville dock. Round tripping it to Veracruz just makes no sense.
Yeah it doesn’t make any sense, maybe yours will update soon like mine did

997gt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997 GT3
Country flag
My car was sitting at benicia since 1/9, turned to "en route to dealership" over this past weekend, and the car arrived last night. The dealership is ~30 min away from Benicia.

In the end, delivered 2 days later than the 1/20 ETA date TYD had for a long while...not too bad.
Sponsored