January Delivery @Jacksonville Port (US Southeast destination)

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
How can you tell where it is going next after Emden? Do you think it will go straight from Emden to Jacksonville?
It’s hard to say for sure but TYD currently estimates that my car will be on the SIEM ARISTOTLE on 12/10 with an arrival in Jacksonville on 12/31. That’s a difference of 21 days, but keep in mind the date estimates on TYD are not exact, they of the Friday of the week completion is expected.

The Marine Optima trip calculator says sea route calculator says the trip from Emden to Jacksonville is about 11 days. https://cln.sh/nsXJ9y

Given that the estimate dates are always Fridays the actual time will be less than 21 days, it seems like Jacksonville would be the first stop.

And BTW the SIEM ARISTOTLE should be in Endem tomorrow.
https://cln.sh/wd0R7N

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Where do you get that from?
The tax forms say "when you took physical delivery?"
Not trying to be difficult- I'm honestly curious because this is what I'm trying to do.
If it's sold on paper how would anyone otherwise know when it's physically delivered?
From IRS regulations 26 CFR § 1.179-4 - Definitions:

"(e) Placed in service. The term placed in service means the time that property is first placed by the taxpayer in a condition or state of readiness and availability for a specifically assigned function, whether for use in a trade or business, for the production of income, in a tax-exempt activity, or in a personal activity. See § 1.46-3(d)(2) for examples regarding when property shall be considered in a condition or state of readiness and availability for a specifically assigned function."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/26/1.179-4

The placed in service requirement applies to the EV tax credit.

If questioned, it would be up to the taxpayer to show evidence that the requirement is met.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
From IRS regulations 26 CFR § 1.179-4 - Definitions:

"(e) Placed in service. The term placed in service means the time that property is first placed by the taxpayer in a condition or state of readiness and availability for a specifically assigned function, whether for use in a trade or business, for the production of income, in a tax-exempt activity, or in a personal activity. See § 1.46-3(d)(2) for examples regarding when property shall be considered in a condition or state of readiness and availability for a specifically assigned function."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/26/1.179-4

The placed in service requirement applies to the EV tax credit.

If questioned, it would be up to the taxpayer to show evidence that the requirement is met.

Perfect!
And I will be more than happy to demonstrate that to the IRS when they come a knocking! LOL.

Thanks!

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
How can you tell where it is going next after Emden? Do you think it will go straight from Emden to Jacksonville?
When my car came from Emden, the ship went to Halifax, Baltimore, and then Jacksonville. Some guys are able to get the shipping schedule for the ships and it shows the ports and expected date.

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
When my car came from Emden, the ship went to Halifax, Baltimore, and then Jacksonville. Some guys are able to get the shipping schedule for the ships and it shows the ports and expected date.
I think you are probably right on the route. I did a calculation for Emden->Halifax->Baltimore->Jacksonville and it comes out to about 12 days sailing time.

But Emden->Jacksonville->Baltimore->Halifax works out to about 15 days sailing.

In my original calculation I forgot about the great circle route:-(.

So it looks like Halifax first...

OP
OP
Prit

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
Mine actually says Siem Aristotle now. I don’t believe it said that before.

Porsche Taycan January Delivery @Jacksonville Port (US Southeast destination) F0A216C5-C27F-4CD1-A748-D2A17B504EAC

OP
OP
Prit

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think you are probably right on the route. I did a calculation for Emden->Halifax->Baltimore->Jacksonville and it comes out to about 12 days sailing time.

I am using a tool where I can see the next route. So it shows Emden now. I will post with the next route once as the ship is in Emden.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine actually says Siem Aristotle now. I don’t believe it said that before.
Route of Siem Aristotle is shown on PWL sailing schedule below: Emden..Davisville...Baltimore...Jacksonville...Veracruz.
I don't have any other update. Not sure but I think this week is "week 48"

Porsche Taycan January Delivery @Jacksonville Port (US Southeast destination) 1638379372140

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I am not positive, as after the ship hit Jax, I stopped following, but I think it might have gone on to Houston.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Route of Siem Aristotle is shown on PWL sailing schedule below: Emden..Davisville...Baltimore...Jacksonville...Veracruz.
I don't have any other update. Not sure but I think this week is "week 48"

1638379372140.png
That is the report I was referring too. Mine was on the Siem Aristotle back in August.

OP
OP
Prit

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Updated shipping schedule attached below.
It looks like it will hit all US Ports before 12/31. I'm in Atlanta, which is the last US Port, and it is looking like it will get there on 12/21. Super excited.