January Delivery @Jacksonville Port (US Southeast destination)

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Same thing happened on my TYD. 1/21 which made my heart sank. Ironically I met with dealer yesterday to get everything in order and he felt real positive about delivery prior to EOY.

BTW, is the Porsche Connect account username and password the same for TYD?
I learned a new word today. “laycan”. It means the latest date a vessel must arrive at a port and expect a berth to be available.

Poking around in Maritime Optima I found that Siem Aristotle has a laycan of Dec. 5 in Rotterdam and Dec 15 in Jacksonville.

So it look like those of us waiting for our Taycan (just one letter different from “layman” :)) in FL will get our cars before EOY.
Porsche Taycan January Delivery @Jacksonville Port (US Southeast destination) 1638637632634

Porsche Taycan January Delivery @Jacksonville Port (US Southeast destination) 1638637502359

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I learned a new word today. “laycan”. It means the latest date a vessel must arrive at a port and expect a berth to be available.

Poking around in Maritime Optima I found that Siem Aristotle has a laycan of Dec. 5 in Rotterdam and Dec 15 in Jacksonville.

So it look like those of us waiting for our Taycan (just one letter different from “layman” :)) in FL will get our cars before EOY.
1638637632634.png

1638637502359.png
Awesome, where did you find this on Maritime Optima? I want to look up Baltimore since my car will be dropped there.

OP
OP
Prit

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag

1638637632634.png

1638637502359.png
December 5th is tomorrow though. Can it get there from Emden that quick?

Edited: I was thinking Rotterdam was some US port. False alarm. It looks like we will be extra early!

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Awesome, where did you find this on Maritime Optima? I want to look up Baltimore since my car will be dropped there.
You go into "Position Lists" and select a port, car carries, medium and set the range of layman dates. The gives you the layman's for all those kinds of boats in that port.

Porsche Taycan January Delivery @Jacksonville Port (US Southeast destination) 1638642875262

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Siem Aristotle has left Emden and is headed for Rotterdam!

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have a hunch that my car "missed the boat" and that's why FYD shows the delivery slipping back to 1/14 :(

Has FYD shown anybody your car as being on the boat yet?

OP
OP
Prit

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a hunch that my car "missed the boat" and that's why FYD shows the delivery slipping back to 1/14 :(

Has FYD shown anybody your car as being on the boat yet?
All of us are showing slipped times... I believe. I think TYD is incorrect and will "update" or we can verify with our SA's on Monday if we made the boat. From previous threads, we probably made the boat.

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
All of us are showing slipped times... I believe. I think TYD is incorrect and will "update" or we can verify with our SA's on Monday if we made the boat. From previous threads, we probably made the boat.
My FYD just updated to "On Vessel" !!!!!!!!!

Izzone

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My car shows it it is assigned Siem Aristotle, but 12/24

Called my SA and he indicated sometimes the system takes a bit of time to catch up....hoping I didn't miss the boat too LOL.....I'm pretty convinced Uncle Joe will axe the $7500 tax rebate

OP
OP
Prit

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My FYD just updated to "On Vessel" !!!!!!!!!
Congrats!!!! Mine is weird... the current milestone is "On Vessel" but it has an estimated completion date of 12/24. It's still showing the car won't get to the Atlanta dealer until 1/21. I will see if it changes.