Jet black or PTS?

Promotype

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne (current) Taycan (on order)
Country flag
Hi guys,

New member here, been lurking for a while now as I have a Sport Turismo on order. Forum has been an immense source for info so far!

Im still undecided on what exterior color to pick, however i love the blueish black on this GTS.
Is that regular ol' Jet Black Metallic and does it just look more blue because of the studio spotlights shining down on it, or is it a PTS?

Many thanks!
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
That's weird, looking at the still before I run the clip, it looks black- just like the 911 behind it. Then when I run the YouTube clip, they both look very deep purple, and the metallic flakes are so pronounced that it looks dirty in some shots. I think it must be the lights and/or video processing, I wouldn't have thought that both cars would have the same PTS (though at a show, that's not out of the question).

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Hi guys,

New member here, been lurking for a while now as I have a Sport Turismo on order. Forum has been an immense source for info so far!

Im still undecided on what exterior color to pick, however i love the blueish black on this GTS.
Is that regular ol' Jet Black Metallic and does it just look more blue because of the studio spotlights shining down on it, or is it a PTS?

Many thanks!
Porsche Mayfair has a lovely CT4 in PTS Black metallic with a hint of green looks great under the lights in the showroom but not sure it would stand out in normal lighting

OP
OP
Promotype

Promotype

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You're right WuffvonTrips, I didn't even notice the 911 behind it! It indeed looks like a very deep purple, I need to take a look at the PTS overview to see if there's even a similar color available. @W1NGE: it's definitely not solid black, I have that on my Cayenne and it has no sparkles, its... solid :)

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
It's Jet Black Metallic, it literally states the colour at the start of the video.
Any hints of purple or other colours is likely down to lighting and / or the colour balance of the camera used to film.

OP
OP
Promotype

Promotype

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey Nico, yea I saw that too but the color was so blue-purplish that it made me question the makers info. Maybe it's just a combo of the spotlights and the color grading of the youtube video that gives this effect...
Sponsored