Jump starting other cars

basedRNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Simple question -- is this possible? My girlfriend's battery died the other day and I couldn't find any battery hookups in the frunk.
Sponsored

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not recommended. The 12v battery doesn't have the power to jump an ICE, if that is what your girl friend has. A quick google search will explain why.

Get a NOCO and carry it in the car. Just make sure it's sized correctly.

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Not recommended. The 12v battery doesn't have the power to jump an ICE, if that is what your girl friend has. A quick google search will explain why.

Get a NOCO and carry it in the car. Just make sure it's sized correctly.
listen to this forum member.

OP
OP

basedRNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
We ended up picking up a jump starter from Home Depot and now keep that in the trunk. Thanks all,

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Unless I'm misreading, that's how to jump a Taycan, not how to use a Taycan to jump another car.
Y...yes. I thought it was obvious how to use that information to jump another car.

But a good point that our 12V prolly doesn't have the amp to jump an ICE car, so yes do get a NOCO. However don't use it on our car :)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
We ended up picking up a jump starter from Home Depot and now keep that in the trunk. Thanks all,
Does the Taycan have a 12V plug in the frunk, to keep the jump starter topped off (and if so, is it switched or always-on)? I used to keep one in the car, the problem was that is it rarely used, so when it comes time, chances are it's discharged.

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
Does the Taycan have a 12V plug in the frunk, to keep the jump starter topped off (and if so, is it switched or always-on)? I used to keep one in the car, the problem was that is it rarely used, so when it comes time, chances are it's discharged.
You don't want one in the frunk for this purpose...

In the event your 12v discharges you need to use the jump starter to access the frunk to then access the 12v battery. If your jump starter is already located in there then it's useless to you.

So you will want your jump starter stored in the trunk where there is indeed a 12v socket.
Sponsored