First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Howdy fellow Taycan enthusiasts!

For the past couple of months, I’ve been reviewing and comparing several great posts from colleagues about what to look for when picking up a new Taycan at the dealership. I’ve come across a few USA-based ideas of my own as old software and apps become obsolete and are replaced, so hopefully I gleaned the best of your nuggets and added them to mine when compiling this checklist. It’s by no means complete (and a couple of these I haven’t done myself yet), and no doubt some of these items will change in the future. Putting this together has been helpful for me, and I hope it will be helpful for you when your magical day arrives.

Let's start with some overall good advice from users:

“If you are trying to log into your brand new car with your PorscheID and it says ‘your password is wrong’ (and you are sure you typed it correctly) then the Dealership has NOT yet transferred the car to you. (In US Dealer parlance: ‘RDR’d the car’) Don’t bother trying your password again.”

“At delivery, before you drive away from dealer, make sure the car shows up in your MyPorsche account. Do not accept delivery until the Taycan is communicating with the MyPorsche app on your smartphone. The ‘emergency call’ indicator light near the interior rear view mirror should be green. If red, your car is not communicating with Porsche servers. Get it green before you leave the dealer. Activate the Charging Planner contract before leaving the dealer, too.”

(My experience: I didn’t activate any Charging Planner contract because [1] I entered a credit card number in the USA Porsche Portal, and [2] Plug and Charge is in my Taycan’s PCM.)

“Ask them to set up your Porsche ID with the car a day before you pick it up. Then it will install all of the updates overnight before you get it. My dealer was sick (with Covid) and that’s how he normally does it. As a result, I had 14 error messages, 8 updates, etc. that all sorted themselves out 24 hrs later.”

(My experience: The PCM improved since this user’s post. My Sales Associate [SA] loaded up the latest software, but he didn’t set the car up with my Porsche ID the day before. It wasn’t a problem on my delivery day.)

I spoke with the Sales and Service personnel at my dealership, and they both stressed the importance of locking the car even if it’s in a secured location. Letting the Taycan go to sleep allows the system to check itself and perform any resets upon awakening.

Before visiting the dealership on delivery day (roughly in chronological order):
1. Certified electrician to install a NEMA 14-50R (receptacle) in my garage. Once I take possession of the car and look at the length of the supplied charging cable, I’ll buy a 50-amp NEMA 14-50 extension cord of the proper length.
2. Receive all dealer add-ons (tire and wheel warranty, key warranty, etc.) and approximate prices to study in advance from the SA. Windshield coverage is with my auto insurance, not Porsche.
3. Decide what items to install after collecting my new Taycan. (I added full front paint protection film [PPF] including side mirrors; window tint; clear front side marker lights; and double ceramic coating. The PPF is installed before the ceramic coating.) Do some research on the items to decide on quality, warranty, etc. Obtain prices from local detailing businesses. Talk about them with the dealer to see if the dealership can install them before delivery day. If so and if the materials/vendors/prices the dealer uses are good, finalize dealer-installed items and prices in writing with the SA.
4. Buy and receive a 50 amp (minimum) locking Tesla-to-J1772 charger adapter to use at Tesla Destination Chargers. (I bought a TeslaTap mini 60 amp for US$300. An 80 amp is available.) Also consider purchasing a Lithium trickle charger for the 12-volt battery if there are times where you leave the vehicle for a few weeks.
5. Receive in writing all new car warranty information from the SA. (Answer: 4 yrs / 50k mi bumper to bumper and 8 yrs / 100k mi for the battery in my state.)
6. Check the
Build Sheet – Retail against what I submitted.
7. Obtain the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
8. Watch the ten ‘Porsche Taycan Spot On’ videos on YouTube for an overview of several functions.
9. Watch YouTube videos to understand the difference between auto/on/off recuperation modes (auto recuperation allows the Taycan to coast until it senses a car in in front of it, upon which is does regenerative braking to slow the car down and then I step on the brake for a full stop.), how to learn HOLD braking, and how to charge the car. FYI recuperation braking didn’t start until I drove the car for 150 miles.
10. Review these Forum’s thread for other ideas https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-dealer-pickup-checklist.1828/ as well as secret tips and functions: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-secret-tips-and-functions.6061/
11. Prepare a music playlist for driving out of the dealership. :rock:
12. Receive my “Activate your Taycan” email. (I never received one. I went straight to #13 once I had my VIN, so maybe that’s why I didn’t get one.)
13. Set up my account on the USA Porsche Portal. Create a Porsche ID, password, and PIN to enable Remote Access. (Log in to my.porsche.com and click
+ Add Vehicle on the home screen. You’ll need your VIN. You must also enter your credit card number.)
14. Install the following apps and register for them on my computer and in my phone:

MyPorsche
Porsche Good to Know
Electrify America (put customer service number in my Contacts)
Apps to install later: A Better Route Planner (ABRP), PlugShare (shows charger locations), ChargePoint (to use ChargePoint chargers), EVgo, Blink, Flo, and possibly Waze.
Do not install the Porsche Connect or Charging NA apps. Apparently, the Porsche Connect app is no more - its final release was on January 27, 2022, and Porsche wants to phase it out to MyPorsche.
15. Remove all non-essential personal items from my trade-in vehicle.
16. Ask the SA about which key software updates were completed.
17. Knowing an approximate value of my trade-in, send the funds to the dealership (I paid cash and wired the funds). Bring the checkbook and credit card to pay for the add-ons on delivery day.
18. Notify my auto insurance company to add the Taycan (use the VIN) and remove my trade-in vehicle from my policy. (I can do this because Arizona USA has a two-week grace period. Other USA states may have different rules, so check with yours.) Ask the insurance company if there are discounts for vehicle tracking, front-facing dashcam, and front- and rear-facing dashcams.

Bring to the dealership:
19. My trade-in vehicle with the original title, all key fobs, owner’s manuals, wheel keys, insurance card, registration, and documentation for transferrable warranties (in my case, tires). If the tires have less than 5/32" of tread, it may be wise to replace them to boost the trade-in value.
20. A duffel bag with tools to remove and stow all toll tags and license plates.
21. A printout of my configuration (including Tequipment), these notes, and my credit card and checkbook.
22. A sunglasses holder to clip on the sun visor.
23. To ensure only one key fob signal is engaged during vehicle set-up, bring a Faraday cage or pouch for the second key fob (my SA said two fobs are coming with my car).

Exterior review at the dealership (before starting the car):
24. Verify the VIN and inspect for imperfections (finish, glass, door gaps, etc.).
25. Dealer-installed: Review the PPF on side mirrors, the entire front, and the rear wheel area (on the back door in front of the tire).
26. Dealer-installed: Amber front side marker lights replaced with clear on both sides
27. Dealer-installed: Inspect the double ceramic coating
28. Dealer-installed: Side windows and rear window tint: Xpel nano 35% visible light transmittance (VLT), 1.5 mil, blocks 99% of ultraviolet light with 96% heat rejection.
29. Dealer-installed: Ensure there’s no tint on the front windshield or the panoramic roof.
30. Review items in the Premium Package:

Fixed Panoramic Roof in Glass
Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
Power Seats (I ordered 18-way) with Memory Package
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Lane Change Assist (LCA) lights in both side mirrors
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Surround View
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
Ambient Lighting
Ionizer
Storage Package
31. Lock the car, put the key fobs in the Faraday cage, and test the physical key from each fob in the driver’s door.
32. Use my hand and the remote to open the frunk. My PCM has two levels of Comfort Access, so I decided to go with the simpler level.
33. Locate and verify the air compressor, the tire sealant, tools (including the emergency release tool for the charging port door), and the towing hook. How do you use the towing hook? (Answer: Look at the 1” diameter circle on the passenger side of the front bumper. That’s where the tow hook goes.) How do you use the emergency release tool for the chargeport door – is it only for the electric chargeport doors? (Answer: unknown)
34. Locate the security wheel bolts and the key. If the key is lost (like what happened on my trade-in vehicle arrrgh…), what do I do? (Answer: The Porsche dealer has the master kit and can obtain another key.)
35. Locate the 12-volt lithium battery (under the front hood’s plastic cover between the frunk and the dashboard) and its emergency starting terminals in case a jumpstart is needed or in case I jumpstart someone else. Do not connect jumper cables directly to the battery. Future: obtain a 12V trickle charger in case I go on a long trip.
36. Use foot, button, and remote to open the trunk. There’s a beep when opening/closing, but it’s not too loud for me. The Taycan Forum has a thread covering how to disconnect the speaker, which is in the trunk lid, if the beep is too loud.
37. Locate the curry hook that’s folded up in the trunk.
38. Locate and examine the charging case contents (NEMA 14-50P and 5-15P pigtails, charging unit, mounting brackets, and user manuals).
39. Locate the rear camera lens and Surround View lenses (for cleaning purposes).
40. Test opening and closing both power charge port covers. Only one can be open at a time.
41. Locate where the car should be lifted when using a jack. Print out instructions for jack lifting and keep them in the glove compartment.
42. Verify keyless entry, driving, and exiting/locking (push the notch on door handle).
43. Deactivate the key fob by pressing lock and unlock doors simultaneously to disable Comfort Access. Then try popping open the frunk and trunk with waves – they shouldn’t open. Press any button on the key fob to reactivate. Open the frunk and trunk with waves.

Interior review (mostly before starting the car):
44. Review items in the Technology Package:
Passenger display
Head-up display
Remote ParkAssist including Lane Change Assist
Adaptive Cruise Control
45. Review items in the Sports Chrono Package:
GT sport steering wheel
Chronograph
Battery temperature control
Individual mode
46. Locate where on the front windshield I can place my community's access gate tag. (Answer: top center in the stippled area near the housing for the rear-view mirror.)
47. Locate the car’s microphone for Porsche Voice Control and for talking hands-free on the phone. (Answer: the rear-view mirror console.)
48. Clip the sunglasses holder to the visor.

Interior review (started, but in Park):
49. Put one key fob in a Faraday cage or pouch, and keep the other one out to log into the Porsche Network on the PCM dash panel. Check to see if there’s a green overhead LED light lit above the rear-view mirror.
50. Find out what version of PCM my Taycan has.
51. What over-the-air software updates should I expect – PCM? (Answer: my SA loaded the latest software just before I picked it up.)
52. Deactivate Private Mode so my phone can link to remote functions. (Answer: [Settings] > Privacy and Porsche Connect > Private Mode > Inactive. Once inactive, My.porsche.com will configure the following services: Car Control, Carfinder, Climate, E-Control, Horn & Indicator, Lock & Unlock, Navigation Plus, Online Software Update, Smart Service, and Trip Control.)
53. Turn on ‘Plug and Charge’ in the PCM. (Answer: [Charging] > … > Activate Plug & Charge)
54. If needed, set the maximum charging limit to 200 kW for less wear and tear on battery. (Answer: [Charging] > … > Battery Friendly quick charging)
55. Test both turn signals, the headlights, and the air conditioner. Test the ventilated seats with and without the air conditioner running. Adjust the side mirrors, seat, steering wheel and save seat settings.
56. Fold and unfold the side mirrors while the car is in Drive and in Reverse.
57. Wiper maintenance position: Power car off and, without opening any door, press the wiper stalk down for the wipers to go into the maintenance position.
58. Set up the passenger side mirror to swivel downward when the car is put in reverse. (Answer: [Vehicle] > … > Vehicle settings > Light and visibility > Reversing > Automatically lower door mirror. Once checked, move the passenger side mirror around while the car is in reverse, and the Taycan should remember to turn the mirror down next time. Note the mirror will stay down until the car is moving forward over approx. 9 miles per hour.)
59. Set the at-home battery charging limit to 85 percent. Note that charging limits and user profiles are ignored if I’m at a DC charger. (Answer: [Charging] > Profiles, then touch the pen to edit your General Profile. Or set up and save a Profile.)
60. Customize vehicle locking settings. (Answer: [Vehicle] > … > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle locking Systems)
61. Set maximum speed in Range Mode to 75 mph. (Answer: [Vehicle] > Drive > Drive mode > Range > … > Range drive mode configuration)
62. Customize the two diamond buttons. (Answer: [Settings] > Vehicle > Shortcut Buttons. My steering wheel button advances to the next track on the media player, and the instrument cluster button brings up Surround View because I have ParkAssist.)
63. Figure out how to instantly turn on the Surround View button, including the curbing option. (See #62 - I put it on the customizable diamond button on the right side of the instrument cluster.)
64. Raise and lower the chassis. The Taycan remembers the location to lift the vehicle if you check the box at [Settings] > Vehicle > Smart Lift > Activate Smart Lift. The Taycan automatically stays lifted until the forward speed exceeds roughly 20 MPH.
65. Try the touchpad to scroll around the PCM screen so that the PCM screen doesn’t get fingerprints. Eventually figure out if the touchpad is better than the PCM screen or not.
66. Porsche InnoDrive (PID): how to disable speed sign recognition? It’s frustrating when my car slows to 20 mph in a school zone on a Sunday when school’s not in session. (Answer: unknown.)
67. Locate the tire pressure gauges on the dashboard (left tube).
68. Activate Active Lane Keep (ALK) and Lane Change Assist (LCA) in the left tube. Learn the dashboard symbols and what the alerts are when it’s on and when it turns off.
69. Cruise Control stalk: test the little MODE button under the stalk. (Answer: it quickly brings up the driver assistance functions to activate or deactivate. The button on the side of the stalk activates or deactivates driver assistance.)
70. Review the battery read-out on the lower center console.
71. Open and close the charge ports from the lower center console.
72. Turn on and turn off wireless charging in the car. (Answer: [Settings] > Phone > Phone Wireless Charging. The phone is to be stowed in the phone slot in the center console under the armrest but note that Forum users aren’t raving about this feature.)
73. Display the battery temperature in the right tube. (Answer: [Settings] > Displays > Instrument Cluster > Customized View > and fill out the four lines.) Can customize the Head-Up display here, too.
74. Exit the car and leave a rear door slightly ajar. Lock the car, see if the mirrors fold in and lights blink, and listen if the beep is different than the regular locking beep. Otherwise, the rear door is unlocked when I think all are locked. (Answer: The car will not sound the locking beep when a door is slightly ajar. The side mirrors, however, will still fold in.)
75. Explore the Comfort Access settings. Step outside the car, lock it, and pre-cool it using the MyPorsche app.
76. Connect Bluetooth and play music. Turn off and exit the car. Get back in, start the car, and see if Bluetooth and music automatically re-connect. (Answer: it does.)
77. Use the Porsche smartphone USB cable (part of the Tequipment I purchased) to hook up Android Auto and review functionality with the SA. (Answer: good thing I brought my own USB cable because there wasn’t one available at the dealership.)
78. When my phone is connected to the USB cable for Android Auto, does my phone access the external antenna? I know the wireless signal doesn’t access the external antenna for 2022 Taycans. (Answer: likely not, e.g., same as the wireless signal.)
79. Use Porsche’s Voice Pilot with the Charging Planner to plan a trip from Phoenix to Las Vegas with at least one stop at the Electrify America in Kingman AZ.
80. If desired, check the box to turn off the interior monitoring alarm when turning off the car.

Prior to drive-off:
81. Is there an extended warranty? Rather than buy the extended warranty today, can I buy the remaining years at the end of the standard warranty? What are the costs of both? Is the extended warranty from Porsche or from a third party? If from Porsche, is there a dealer markup? If we don’t like Porsche’s terms, can we go with a third party? (Answer: No extended warranty is available at this time. Details are forthcoming as all Taycans built are still under factory warranty.)
82. Will the air suspension eventually need to be replaced? When? How much will it cost to replace? (Answer: All of the following are ballpark guesses. Six to ten years, each air bladder is US$1000, so replacing all four with labor is US$5000. If only one air bladder fails, you can decide whether to replace it or replace all four. I’d have the techs look at all four air bladders for cracks. Hot or very cold climates will cause the air bladders to fail faster.)
83. Initiate MyPorsche and review it with SA – including how long it’s free, what are the charges afterward, and what do you get for the charges. (Answer: most features are free for three years, including the Porsche Vehicle Tracking System. You have to pay for them after that.).
84. What is the ‘hard reset’ process in the Taycan – disconnect the 12V battery? Terminal 30 reset (take out and reinsert a fuse link)? Two fingers at the upper right of the PCM screen? (Answer: The first two are the hard reset, and the third resets just the PCM. Personally, I would proceed with caution on any of these, and my Porsche dealer is always available to help during business hours. I hope I never have to come across this.)
85. The battery has an 8-year / 100k mi warranty. How is that enforced? (Answer: If the battery can’t charge past 93.4 kWh x 70% = 65.4 kWh within 8 years or 100k mi I’m covered.) When the batteries are changed after 8 or more years, will the replacement batteries have the latest technology? (Answer: unknown.)
86. Can the passenger screen play a video from one device while the main screen plays Bluetooth music from a different device? (Answer: No. By design, the passenger screen can’t play video because it’s considered to be a driver distraction. The passenger must bring his or her own device to view videos.)
87. Briefly charge the car up at the dealership – both ports!
88. Activate 3-year Electrify America coverage and charge the car up at the EA station nearest the dealership. Learn EXACTLY how to do this. (Answer: The Taycan’s Plug and Charge allowed my car to recharge at EA without using the MyPorsche app and without downloading the EA, Charging NA, and Porsche Connect apps.)
89. Can my wife install and use the app on her phone, too? As primary or secondary user? What if two apps access the Taycan at the same time? (Answer: I go to the USA Porsche Portal and add my wife as a user. The Portal will send my wife an email, and she can go to the USA Porsche Portal to register and set a password and a PIN. Then she can download the app and login under her Porsche ID. Then she can take the second key fob and set herself up in the Taycan. No prob if we’re logged into the same car with two different Porsche IDs.)
90. What happens if I get a new phone – how will the information transfer? (Answer: download the MyPorsche app on the new phone and login. All of my information will be available.)
91. Are Porsche technicians checking the “High Voltage Protective Plate Water Drain Plugs” at each service interval? One owner’s was plugged after heavy rains and water built up under the driver’s seat. (Answer: my SA thinks that part of the inspection when performing regularly scheduled services.)
92. Is there a way to set settings so I don’t have to perform them every time I start the car? (The answer to this one changes quickly as software improves. From what I’ve been able to tell, many settings are saved compared to two months ago. It’s almost to the point where it’s not a big issue for me any more except for seat ventilation.)
93. What happens if I drive the Taycan to a location where there is a weak or no cell phone signal? Once the car is back to where a signal is, will I have to re-enter all of the settings? (Answer: most will still be in memory as if the car was asleep, so this shouldn’t be an issue for my build. I may, however, have to re-login.)
94. If the 12V battery is running low, will the car automatically go into Range mode? (Answer: Probably not because the 12V is just a starting battery.)
95. What type of battery is in the key fob? (Answer: CR2032 3 volts) Even after replacing the fob battery, do I still need to visit the dealership to plug my car into their computer to reset the ‘Low Battery’ message? (Answer: my SA thinks it isn’t necessary, e.g., the message should go away. He also stressed how it was important to lock the car upon exiting for the car to go to sleep.)
96. If the key fob battery is low, how many days or starts do I have to get it replaced? (Answer: unknown, but I have spare CR2032 batteries at home all the time anyway. All batteries are kept individually wrapped to prevent pre-use contact drainage. Once the battery is replaced, place the key fob in the rear cup holder in the center console. Hold the vehicle key upright against the front wall of the cup holder to re-register it.)
97. Cover the car alarm with the SA – it’s in the MyPorsche app. Do I still need to click ‘lock’ on the key fob twice to disable frequent alarms? (Answer: No, that bug has been fixed. The PCM version I have, which has the new colored icons, prompts me to turn interior monitoring on or off when I come to a stop, put the car in Park, and power down.)
98. How do I contact Porsche Roadside Assistance? (Answers: Use the SOS button above the rear-view mirror. Also, program their phone number 1-800-PORSCHE in my phone.)
99. I’ve heard that Porsche’s OEM dashcam is rubbish. Will my warranty be affected if I installed a 3rd party dashcam? (Answer: no unless the dashcam causes electrical or other problems elsewhere in the car. Note that model year 2023 Taycans have a dashcam as an option.)
100. The USA’s Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 states that a manufacturer cannot require a consumer to use original equipment from the manufacturer (OEM) under the threat of voiding the warranty. Porsche should be honoring this, for example, if I have my tires changed elsewhere. My tires will be under the tire shop’s warranty, but will the wheels still be covered by Porsche? (Answer: Yes.)

Two days after drive-off:
101. Log into the USA Porsche Portal to activate online software updates (if they haven’t been already).

Thank you, community, for all of your help!
Sponsored

Last edited:

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Lol I just signed the papers, got my Porsche ID and PCM login setup, saw PPF guy load it on his truck and came back in 1.5 weeks back to dealership to take delivery and drive off. OT’s manual reads like a checklist for launching a SpaceX rocket 😁

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
My dealer didn't know how to release the car for me, so it still isn't showing up in the My Porsche app, but he said he will try to figure that out within the next few days. He said the new PCM update broke the normal process.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
In less I missed it - and it’s possible - you forgot setting both keys to two users? Very important to have to Porsche accounts users logged into the system for his/hers settings on each key.

OP
OP
TXAG

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My dealer didn't know how to release the car for me, so it still isn't showing up in the My Porsche app, but he said he will try to figure that out within the next few days. He said the new PCM update broke the normal process.
Ugh. Sorry to hear. Sounds like a dealer problem because I picked up my RWD 12 days ago without any issues. My dealership installed the latest updates before the car was assigned to my Porsche ID, so I don't understand how the new PCM update "broke the normal process." To avoid confusion, I put one key fob in a Faraday cage when setting up my Taycan with my SA.

I presume you completed #13 (setting up your account on the USA Porsche portal). When ready, do #49 through #53 at the dealer with one key fob, and then do #101 a couple of days after you drive home such that both icons under
Porsche Connect setup (Remote access authorization activated and Online software update activated) are colored green, not red. I hope this helps ...
Porsche Taycan June 2022 Taycan Dealer Pickup Checklist 101 1656036256482

Last edited:

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
I can’t figure out how to sign in with my Porsche ID on the car. Whenever I make a new account, I don’t get the option. It just has me pick a name, choose auto login, and enable Hey Porsche.

OP
OP
TXAG

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I can’t figure out how to sign in with my Porsche ID on the car. Whenever I make a new account, I don’t get the option. It just has me pick a name, choose auto login, and enable Hey Porsche.
I'm afraid I won't be much help with this one, sorry. I think it's best for you to be at the dealership to do this.

My experience: I sat with my SA in the car at the dealership and he did this step for me. Before doing it, though, he asked if I had created a Porsche ID, password, and four-digit PIN on the USA Porsche Portal. I said yes. We put one key fob in the Faraday pouch, put the other key fob in the cupholder, and then he somehow found the way to add a new user (me) to the car.

I wonder if 'swiping right' on a name causes it to be deleted, and when there aren't any names left you can add yours ... ?

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
Yeah I gave that a try. Deleted all the profiles too and started over. No dice. The two icons on the My Porsche app are red. The instructions on the app say to activate remote access authorization and I can't figure that out.

OP
OP
TXAG

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yeah I gave that a try. Deleted all the profiles too and started over. No dice. The two icons on the My Porsche app are red. The instructions on the app say to activate remote access authorization and I can't figure that out.
Remote Access Authorization is one of the green dots I mentioned in comment #7 above. You'll have to log into the USA Porsche Portal, which is different than the MyPorsche app, and click this button
Porsche Taycan June 2022 Taycan Dealer Pickup Checklist 101 1656087757958

A new webpage will open up with a picture of your car and two dots under
Porsche Connect setup. The dot on the left (with the car) allows remote access. If it's not green, click on it. You'll answer a couple of questions. When you're finished, the dot will turn green and Remote Access will be enabled. I did this before going to the dealer to pick up my car.
Porsche Taycan June 2022 Taycan Dealer Pickup Checklist 101 1656087675439

The dot with the cloud is for Online software activation. If it's not green, click on it and see if you can do the same. I didn't do this until a couple of days after I picked up my Taycan.

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
This is what I see when clicking on the left icon. I can't figure out how to do this in the car.
Porsche Taycan June 2022 Taycan Dealer Pickup Checklist 101 1656088684123

OP
OP
TXAG

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
This is what I see when clicking on the left icon. I can't figure out how to do this in the car.
1656088684123.png
I remembered incorrectly, and I apologize. Are you able to deactivate Private Mode (#52) in the car? Start at the large Settings icon on the main PCM screen.

{Settings} > Privacy and Porsche Connect > Private Mode > Inactive

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
Yeah, I turned off private mode when I first picked up the car.

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
“At delivery, before you drive away from dealer, make sure the car shows up in your MyPorsche account. Do not accept delivery until the Taycan is communicating with the MyPorsche app on your smartphone. The ‘emergency call’ indicator light near the interior rear view mirror should be green. If red, your car is not communicating with Porsche servers. Get it green before you leave the dealer. Activate the Charging Planner contract before leaving the dealer, too."
Whoops!

Drove off with the light still blinking red and my SA saying they would be surprised if it didn't go to green after a few days. Which, of course, it did not - it's still blinking red.

Tried switching profiles, making sure privacy mode isn't enabled, deleting my profile and logging back in, and got nowhere with it.

It's off getting PPF done at the moment, but once I have it back I'll disconnect the 12v battery for ~5 minutes to try to get the system to reset, and if that doesn't work I'll try pulling the fuse. I'll also be leaning on the dealership to help out, but there's only so much they can do and only so many times I'll want to drive the 45-60 minutes each way to bring it in.

I gotta say, it's really frustrating how the web page for my car gives me a popup saying " Simply enter your Porsche ID and password in the vehicle. " when THERE IS NOWHERE TO ENTER MY PASSWORD. And that the app says to enter a pairing code when THERE IS NOWHERE TO ENTER THE PAIRING CODE. Come on, Porsche, you need to do so much better than this for the price point of this car.
Sponsored