TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yeah, I turned off private mode when I first picked up the car.
With that, I've reached the end of my knowledge limit. Can someone else help please? I'm sorry I can't help any further. Perhaps disconnecting the 12V battery as suggested above by @pnw-ev-nerd ...? :headbang:

(@pnw-ev-nerd -- I feel your pain, even though I smoothly entered my Porsche ID, password, and PIN in the car at initial set-up.)
Sponsored

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
(@pnw-ev-nerd -- I feel your pain, even though I smoothly entered my Porsche ID, password, and PIN in the car at initial set-up.)[/FONT]
That's crazy. When I went to add my account/profile in the car, it ONLY asked for the name, there was nowhere to enter a password or PIN or pairing code or anything. It's almost as if it's only a name for a local profile, not actually doing any sort of authentication with any internet based services.

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
That's crazy. When I went to add my account/profile in the car, it ONLY asked for the name, there was nowhere to enter a password or PIN or pairing code or anything. It's almost as if it's only a name for a local profile, not actually doing any sort of authentication with any internet based services.
This is exactly the same for me.

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
I followed up with customer support today after first calling 5 days ago and it looks like nobody has looked at it yet due to their backlog. I hope I can get someone to take a look at this soon.

OP
OP
TXAG

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I followed up with customer support today after first calling 5 days ago and it looks like nobody has looked at it yet due to their backlog. I hope I can get someone to take a look at this soon.
I hope so, too! Please post the resolution when you have it.

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
Were you able to solve the problem? I can't get customer support to respond and my dealer won't look at the car until PCNA says to bring it in with instructions on what to do.

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Were you able to solve the problem? I can't get customer support to respond and my dealer won't look at the car until PCNA says to bring it in with instructions on what to do.
Not yet, but I JUST got the car back after a week and a half of PPF getting done. During that time at least the SOS light turned green, still no luck with remote access auth tho

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Here's some things that I did on my own before delivery, and so I don't know if it will help at all, but maybe worth a shot. When you go to your car on the website, are you able to scroll down to "My Connected Services", and I forget if I just clicked on one of the services in the initial list, or the "Recommended Services" list, but from there I was essentially brought to a checkout screen to activate Porsche Connect, Porsche Connect Care, and Porsche Charging Service. They were all free, and essentially just started the service for a few years free.

If everything there shows as active, well then I don't think I have anything to add unfortunately.

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
I scheduled service for this issue. When I went to drive the car to the dealer, I noticed that the SOS light was finally green. I created a new profile on the car and was able to log in with my Porsche ID and now everything seems to be working. I don't know if the dealer did anything, if PCNA finally took action on the ticket I filed a couple weeks ago, or if it was all a coincidence.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When you go to pick up your new Taycan at the dealer, do not accept the car and drive away from the dealer until:
(1) the SOS light by the mirror is green, and
(2) your driver account (and secondary driver's account) are registered in the PCM, and your myporsche account on your smart phone is communicating with the car.

Tiptoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 Porsche 911, 1974 Citroen 2cv, 2018 Volvo S90
Country flag
When you go to pick up your new Taycan at the dealer, do not accept the car and drive away from the dealer until:
(1) the SOS light by the mirror is green, and
(2) your driver account (and secondary driver's account) are registered in the PCM, and your myporsche account on your smart phone is communicating with the car.
I am in this loop right now. I was to take delivery today, but they couldn't get the car to connect with My Porsche App. They could not get the red blinking led light to go "green".

They have given me a Panamera for a loaner until they figure this out.

Does anyone know how to help them resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Tiptoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Whoops!

Drove off with the light still blinking red and my SA saying they would be surprised if it didn't go to green after a few days. Which, of course, it did not - it's still blinking red.

Tried switching profiles, making sure privacy mode isn't enabled, deleting my profile and logging back in, and got nowhere with it.

It's off getting PPF done at the moment, but once I have it back I'll disconnect the 12v battery for ~5 minutes to try to get the system to reset, and if that doesn't work I'll try pulling the fuse. I'll also be leaning on the dealership to help out, but there's only so much they can do and only so many times I'll want to drive the 45-60 minutes each way to bring it in.

I gotta say, it's really frustrating how the web page for my car gives me a popup saying " Simply enter your Porsche ID and password in the vehicle. " when THERE IS NOWHERE TO ENTER MY PASSWORD. And that the app says to enter a pairing code when THERE IS NOWHERE TO ENTER THE PAIRING CODE. Come on, Porsche, you need to do so much better than this for the price point of this car.
How was this resolved?

OP
OP
TXAG

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am in this loop right now. I was to take delivery today, but they couldn't get the car to connect with My Porsche App. They could not get the red blinking led light to go "green".

They have given me a Panamera for a loaner until they figure this out.

Does anyone know how to help them resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance!
Congrats on taking delivery soon! I presume you created an account on the USA Porsche Portal with your VIN such that when you log in and bring up your vehicle you see two green dots under the 'Porsche Connect setup'
Porsche Taycan June 2022 Taycan Dealer Pickup Checklist 101 1690405198171

The left dot means remote access authorization is activated, and the right dot means online software updating is activated. If either dot is yellow or red, click on it and try to fix. Also let your dealer know.

They should be able to resolve it quickly as it's happened enough times before.

Tiptoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually, I found a post by 02bluesuperroo that gives some good advice. My SA is doing that now as I type. *fingers crossed*
Sponsored