"June 2023 delivery expected if ordering today". How much can I trust it?

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Marin told me they don't charge markup but requires purchase of a bike or a watch, which I thought was bullshit so didn't pursue further.
Marin only demanded this for the dealer inventory GTS that arrived on the lot. My original GTS ST order (now canceled for my CPO turbo) did not have any strings attached, no ADM, and 5k deposit.
Sponsored

OP
OP

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Marin only demanded this for the dealer inventory GTS that arrived on the lot. My original GTS ST order (now canceled for my CPO turbo) did not have any strings attached, no ADM, and 5k deposit.
Good for you. Maybe the market has become hotter since then, or maybe I don't have a previous relationship with them. Anyway they actually refused to remove the bike/watch requirement after I told them I was able to find other dealers that would honor MSRP and I'm not that desperate.

OP
OP

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Thank you all for your comments and feedback. I'm not in a hurry and would happily wait for a bit at this point. My Macan GTS is not a Taycan but is perfectly fine for now :)

I probably won't put down another deposit at any local dealership, and will try to find 1 or 2 out of state dealers with no one on their waiting list and try my luck there, as some of you suggested.

BTW wasn't expecting so many fellow Bay Area folks to chime in. I've probably met some of you on the road :)

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Good for you. Maybe the market has become hotter since then, or maybe I don't have a previous relationship with them. Anyway they actually refused to remove the bike/watch requirement after I told them I was able to find other dealers that would honor MSRP and I'm not that desperate.
what the fuck...that's wild and quite annoying. I also didn't have a previous relationship with them, but I went to them (from San Jose) bc they offered no ADM

this was late January

Jsuo19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Country flag
I put a deposit down in April at Marin w/ no ADM but production delays have gotten considerably worse since then and I believe they will likely have an ADM going forward. they were the only bay area dealer I found that did not charge an ADM at the time that I spoke to them

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Thank you all for your comments and feedback. I'm not in a hurry and would happily wait for a bit at this point. My Macan GTS is not a Taycan but is perfectly fine for now :)

I probably won't put down another deposit at any local dealership, and will try to find 1 or 2 out of state dealers with no one on their waiting list and try my luck there, as some of you suggested.

BTW wasn't expecting so many fellow Bay Area folks to chime in. I've probably met some of you on the road :)
Afaik, 13 months is not bad at all….if:
i. there won’t be another covid-22 pandemic messurement
ii. war in Ukraine won’t expand to Europe
iii. economy (subcontractors) won’t collapse (as a result of i. and/or ii.)
iv. …etc.

Stewartt997

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST4S
Country flag
I'm returning to the world of Porsche ownership after a 15 year break. My 997C2s had to go with the arrival of my 2nd child and more sensible cars have been needed since!

I placed an order for a Sports Turismo 4s in March and was told I was number 3 in the queue at my local UK dealer with possible delivery in August 2022. No news since and this week I was told ...

Porsche will usually give allocations of 3 months at a time but due to the severe disruption of wiring harness coming from suppliers in the Ukraine, production stopped for 2-3 months and there is now a back log. What Porsche are now doing is looking to give allocations for the remainder of the year in one hit so that all centres can see their year ahead.

The dealership is still optimistic for a September delivery, but I'm not holding my breath.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Afaik, 13 months is not bad at all….if:
i. there won’t be another covid-22 pandemic messurement
ii. war in Ukraine won’t expand to Europe
iii. economy (subcontractors) won’t collapse (as a result of i. and/or ii.)
iv. …etc.
Yep lots of IFs....the world is not the normal world we have been used to and many of the above have changed it likely to a new era and paradigm. Car buying has gone with it too....but will take a while for rest of us buyers, govts, businesses to figure it out and catch up and things to settle down/out to the "new normal."
I was hunting for a sedan GTS allocation and was lucky enough to find one on the east coast

I was on the same waitlist as you at two different dealerships in NorCal, neither with an allocation or any estimate of when they might get one.

dealer I bought from is a high volume dealer on the east coast (marin is a similarly high volume in NorCal i believe) and they told me that they were not expecting any additional allocations for the rest of the year and why they had actually implemented a very substantial ADM (this was in a span of two weeks from when I called to when I went in person). When I called the NorCal dealers to tell them I found an allocation and to return my deposit, they similarly told me that they did not expect any allocations for the remainder of the year and it would be 12 to 18 months

Mind you this is for the Sedan version as well. From what I've heard the ST and CT models are even more in demand in certain areas with longer waitlist

Wish I had better news to tell you but it looks like it's going to be a wait. For what its worth I emailed/called about 40 dealers nationwide
Yes that is what things mostly look like now...talking to my dealer also learned from him that Porsche has reallocated most of their production from the US to other places globally (more EV needed due to restrictions etc); they got NO allocations this last time for Taycans and PCNA reps told them that may continue for the remaining quarters likely for 2022 due to some of the things above (war, supply, parts, wiring harnesses, COVID19, demand...etc) name one and the other 3-4 is affected not only Porsche but almost ALL new car production and deliveries unfortunately. They expect normal allocation and inventory not to return at least until the next 24 mos and even then expect some things we're seeing now to remain possibly permanently as the industry re-sorts/re-invents itself after what will by then be 48+ months of change and challenges. They've have to re-think many things they and we thought were gospel and easy to do.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I'm returning to the world of Porsche ownership after a 15 year break. My 997C2s had to go with the arrival of my 2nd child and more sensible cars have been needed since!

I placed an order for a Sports Turismo 4s in March and was told I was number 3 in the queue at my local UK dealer with possible delivery in August 2022. No news since and this week I was told ...

Porsche will usually give allocations of 3 months at a time but due to the severe disruption of wiring harness coming from suppliers in the Ukraine, production stopped for 2-3 months and there is now a back log. What Porsche are now doing is looking to give allocations for the remainder of the year in one hit so that all centres can see their year ahead.

The dealership is still optimistic for a September delivery, but I'm not holding my breath.
Which dealer did you order from?

gorilagav

First Name
Gav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Masertai, Land Rover
Country flag
Put deposit down last month and got a call today to say the dealer has got an allocation to build for December.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Put deposit down last month and got a call today to say the dealer has got an allocation to build for December.
That's impressive 👏 What did you order... might be an excuse for a trip to Dublin!

gorilagav

First Name
Gav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Masertai, Land Rover
Country flag
That's impressive 👏 What did you order... might be an excuse for a trip to Dublin!
Ordered a 4s, i don’t think the call today was mainly about the allocation. They were mainly asking was I ok with the price increase, nothing mad, went up 3.5k€

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Ordered a 4s, i don’t think the call today was mainly about the allocation. They were mainly asking was I ok with the price increase, nothing mad, went up 3.5k€
Why the price increase has it moved to MY 2023?

gorilagav

First Name
Gav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Masertai, Land Rover
Country flag
Congrats! To clarify, is that a December 2022 build and say March/April 2023 delivery or a December 2022 delivery?
Cheers, They said a December build for delivery in January/Feb. I was expecting it late April
Sponsored