Just a thank you note

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Hi everyone,

After a few Porsches (987 S, Cayenne 2S and 997 C4S convertible) i went electric in 2018 because it was the golden era of tax credit for compagny cars. Got a lease on a Model 3 performance that ended in July 2022.

Long story short, i was very surprise to actually love this car not because it's a stunner (it's not), or the fit and finish (it's meh but not that bad) but because all in all it s an amazing package for the price, very easy to live with and it ease the drama to go full electric.

Few months ago i was on the fence to buy a CT4 decently optionned but got turned off by:
- delivery times;
- so-so infotainment as an android user;
- performance is not bad but after a TM3P it felt "sluggish"
- salesman BS (bragging that a base T or CT has better performance or software than TM3P is just stupid. There's lots of area where T&CT are way above Tesla but not those one)

4S wasn't an option at that time as deliveries times were even worse and it was getting really expensive with the extras that i knew i would regret not to spec.

I ended up ordering a TMY P (to get something else than my TM3 P). Luckily for me, as i'm in Europe my delivery got pushed 4 months away so that gave me time to think that i couldn't see myself in an uglier, bulkier model 3 for the next 3 years.

Then i saw that there was a huge update that was upgrading MY 20-21 models for free (which as a former Porsche owner thought it was april day fool.... Porsche and free in the same sentence:CWL:)
So out of curiosity i checked the "available" Taycans and found a newly listed 1 year old, 8k miles Taycan 4S with at a "reasonnable" price considering the specs.

24h later (with roughly 10 hours browsing the forum), the Tesla order is canceled and i ll get delivered in 10 days of a Taycan 4S with over the top spec :clap:(21 carbon fiber wheels, Burmester, RWS.... pretty much everything except innodrive)

So thank you guys because sharing your experiences (positives and negatives) made the choice a lot easier than just relying to salesmans BS. You made one lost sheep coming back to the Porsche family ;)
Sponsored

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Hope you like it. If you want Innodrive you can add as FOD as long as it has ACC fitted. Not sure it is great though from what I read about it

OP
OP
Valen

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks i was thinking to spec ALK straight but innodrive i ll wait a little to "forget" tesla AP before trying it. It ll ease the switch i think ;)

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Congrats!

Regarding the Model 3 not being a looker --

Porsche Taycan Just a thank you note 1660105186344

This is all I see when I see the Model 3. I usually always wave to other Porsche drivers, but multiple times I've accidentally waved to a Model 3 when I just barely notice the car (read: headlights).

Got a M3P on a boat on it's way right now. Can't wait. Perfect side-piece to my Taycan, for a third of the price. 😂 Ordered it on the spot after trying it, same as I did with the Taycan.

OP
OP
Valen

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You will love it, i know there s some bashing from both side of the river but to be honest it's an amazing car for the price
Sponsored