Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well after much wait I now have my Taycan. Previously a Tesla drive I am over the moon with the Taycan. I was anxious about the range of the Taycan however Porsche seem to be a lot more cautious in stating the range.

the range does not disappear anywhere as fast as the Tesla so I am very pleased ?.
On arrival home I went to connect my car to my charge point went in to the boot and open the case of cables only to find the only cable was the Porsche charge unit with a 3 pin plug and could not believe as that for me is as much use as a handbrake on a canoe. One thing Tesla do it supply all cables with the car you need. Porsche need to sort this or at least ensure the sales staff inform you need to buy a cable. Anyway new cable ordered and currently sitting on a super charger with a cable ?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
maybe in the UK things are different, and cars are delivered with only the 3 pin connector but I would think that really is not the case.
go back to your dealership and clarify what connectors. the car should be delivered with. delivering cars without complete charging units is a common occurrence because the dealerships will cannibalize the cars to provide missing parts to others.

porsche really needs to get a handle on this problem.

when my car was delivered it was to have the 25 foot cable and it was delivered with the 6 ft one. I went back to the dealership and they took a 25 ft cable from another car to give it to me.
good luck with the car

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Well after much wait I now have my Taycan. Previously a Tesla drive I am over the moon with the Taycan. I was anxious about the range of the Taycan however Porsche seem to be a lot more cautious in stating the range.

the range does not disappear anywhere as fast as the Tesla so I am very pleased ?.
On arrival home I went to connect my car to my charge point went in to the boot and open the case of cables only to find the only cable was the Porsche charge unit with a 3 pin plug and could not believe as that for me is as much use as a handbrake on a canoe. One thing Tesla do it supply all cables with the car you need. Porsche need to sort this or at least ensure the sales staff inform you need to buy a cable. Anyway new cable ordered and currently sitting on a super charger with a cable ?
Mine came with 3pin and blue commando plug. I had to pay for a red three phase.
Sponsored